GDT: Game #3: Blues @ Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
In general, I think Bouwmeester is slow to read and transition. It is readily apparent on one-on-ones coming into the defensive end. He often waits till the guy is alongside his hip before transitioning from backward skating. His stride and reach save him, but he would be more effective if his reads were better.

He is also slow to read passing options.
I wonder if his concussion history has had an effect on that? And could it worsen if he doesn't heal or take more hits to the head? :(

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Honestly it was a nice play by Panarin. Just darted into the corner after the drop and took Parayko by surprise.

It was a good play by Panarin, Parayko will learn from his mistake. Kid is still a rookie, he has been solid and scored in his first playoff series, lol. Heck, this is his first full NHL season, he has played more games than almost any defenseman on the team. Everyone asked if he could play a full season. Kid has looked good all year and has been pretty good for his first ever playoff series.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Hopefully that goal will get Schwartz going the rest of the series.

Schwartz has another gear, for sure. But, he has played better than some suggest. He has made some absolutely incredible passes. His battle on the boards hasn't been good enough though. That is my biggest problem with him right now.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Schwartz has another gear, for sure. But, he has played better than some suggest. He has made some absolutely incredible passes. His battle on the boards hasn't been good enough though. That is my biggest problem with him right now.

Habs fan coming in peace.

As an old guy I am 100 percent behind the blues. They were pretty good even just after the 67 expansion, and Bowman started out there. They were the best expansion team by far.

My first time at the forum was a Habs against Blues. 1970. I was 7. Sunday afternoon. Habs won sorry guys but it was close.

Really good team over the years and bad luck.

Plus they deserve a break as Orr scored ' the goal of all time' on them.

And Al Arbour was the last player to wear glasses on the ice. With the blues. That's just cool.

It's not even close. Blues for the cup for me.

They deserve a cup. I'll be rooting for them.

Good luck to the Blues.

Last edited:

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

As an old guy I am 100 percent behind the blues. They were pretty good even just after the 67 expansion, and Bowman started out there.

And Al Arbour was the last player to wear glasses on the ice. With the blues. That's just cool.

Good luck to the Blues.

Thanks for the sentiments. We have some "old guys" on our forum, too, in particular Robb who has been following the Blues closely since their first season. There are so many loyal fans who have been waiting and hoping for a Cup, it would be nice to see them rewarded.

But gotta take care of Chicago first. The next step forward would be for this team to learn how to win a 3rd game in a series.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

As an old guy I am 100 percent behind the blues. They were pretty good even just after the 67 expansion, and Bowman started out there.

Good luck to the Blues.

Got to admit that it is depressing hearing about the Blues when they first arrived in the NHL. We took a load of vets, got put in an easy conference and got spanked in the finals 3 years running. And we've never been back, despite the teams we had in the 90's and early 00's.

We need all the support we can get :laugh:

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Why was Rattie recalled? For some experience?

AHL season is over. Its probably going to be mainly for experience, but he's a potential injury sub. If the Blues DO have a long run, Rattie could factor into it before its all said and done.

I'm probably in a minority here, but I liked Gomez' attitude and early chemistry with Fabbri. Not so much for on the ice play right now, but I wish there had been a way to keep him on the team even as a healthy scratch. I'd have liked him to be part of whatever run the Blues can put together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad