GDT: Game #3: Blues @ Blackhawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Had to be at work. How did Lehtera played?

Aside from incredibly stupid decision to not shoot, I thought he played well. He got absolutely robbed on one shot and I don't think he took another shot after that. There was a 3 on 1 break that he likely scores on if he shoots and instead, he made a pass to Tarasenko. The problem was Tarasenko was practically even with the goal line by that point.

BluesTraveller

Mar 5, 2012
St Louis
Every game that goes by since they extended Lehtera, I get more upset with that contract. I'm not saying Lehtera is terrible, his contract definitely is though.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Every game that goes by since they extended Lehtera, I get more upset with that contract. I'm not saying Lehtera is terrible, his contract definitely is though.

Last night Lehterä - Tarasenko showed that old chemistry what they had in 1st year when Lehterä came in NHL on those first 25 games. They were doing almost what ever they like on ice. That's good for the future of this series.

That contract is bad, but it isn't Lehteä's fault it's Army fault. He extended him too early knowing how bad was his most of regular season and post-season.

I think same goes with Gunnar, very odd and hesitate extension pointing priority wise coming this off-season.

Both are tbh very terrible moves by Army. Wait for Brouwer extension.. :laugh:

But this is OT about this GDT, sorry.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
How can you call Gunnarsson's bad? He took less money to stay in Stl....

As for Lehtera..... eh, still 50/50

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
So I rewatched the goals and I don't know why Hawks fans seem to think blues were exceptionally lucky?

Seabrook's goal was a deflection off of at least Brouwer's stick and possible others in front of net, and Anisimov scored because he completely whiffed the shot and it tumbled over Elliott's glove. In the end both were flukes as well.

Hawks fan generally blame every playoff loss on their bad luck or the other team's good luck.

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
I was glad to see Schwartz score, but I'm still concerned that too few players are keeping us afloat in the minute to minute game. A lot of running around. A lot more running around when Pietrangelo is not on the ice. That said, Gunnarson is playing his best games as a Blue by orders of magnitude, which is great to see.

I was also very glad to see Hitch make the adjustment and activating the D, but, I hope he's planning on trying like crazy to get Vladdy's minutes up to 20 for Game 4. They just don't have an answer for containing him right now, and we're not doing a "great" job at taking advantage of it. Doubling him up on another line for a few shifts would eventually wear on them and/or create some breathing room for guy's like Steen/Stastny/Brouwer who really need to get it going on the offensive side of the puck. Backes has done his part getting his licks in on the D -- forcing them to chase Tarasenko around is how you cash in.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I wouldn't mind it, but Backes has been used in a defensive role almost exclusively. Not sure we'll see Tarasenko on his wing.

I'd use him the same way Hawks use Kane...cherry pick the hell out of their defense. Blues need to put more pressure on their defense and back them out of our zone. They generate pretty much all of their offense by cycling in their dman

Turk Sanderson

Jun 14, 2014
Macoupin County, IL
Aside from incredibly stupid decision to not shoot, I thought he played well. He got absolutely robbed on one shot and I don't think he took another shot after that. There was a 3 on 1 break that he likely scores on if he shoots and instead, he made a pass to Tarasenko. The problem was Tarasenko was practically even with the goal line by that point.

I'd have to look at where the rest of his teammates were at the time he deferred to Tarasenko. I'm pretty sure Vova was even or maybe a little ahead of him (going full tilt) on the rush. If he shoots from "in close" and Crawford makes a save/outlet type of rebound...it's probably 4on2 going the other way.....maybe his decision not to shoot wasn't as stupid as people seem to think. You have to respect Chicago's quick transition game, big time.

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
good
giphy.gif

bad
giphy.gif

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'd have to look at where the rest of his teammates were at the time he deferred to Tarasenko. I'm pretty sure Vova was even or maybe a little ahead of him (going full tilt) on the rush. If he shoots from "in close" and Crawford makes a save/outlet type of rebound...it's probably 4on2 going the other way.....maybe his decision not to shoot wasn't as stupid as people seem to think. You have to respect Chicago's quick transition game, big time.

Lehtera just prefers to pass almost all the time. It almost worked though. Tarasenko was behind the net when he eventually got the puck, but he made a great play to Schwartz, but he was a little hand-cuffed and couldn't elevate the puck enough.

If Lehtera just shot, he likely could have buried it. You have to shoot in that scenario.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

This really makes no sense. When you have a glorious scoring chance like that, you take the shot.

Turk Sanderson

Jun 14, 2014
Macoupin County, IL
This really makes no sense. When you have a glorious scoring chance like that, you take the shot.

What's so hard to understand...maybe he saw nowhere to shoot, and preferred to pass to Vova and keep possession, instead of giving Chicago
numbers the other way. Everything looks easier from the stands or your recliner than it does on the ice.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm almost more annoyed at JBo for not covering his man on this play. Parayko made a mistake, no doubt. But JBo was in no-mans land.

I think he was expecting Parayko to immediately shuffle it to him, but he did not react quick enough when Panarin eliminated that play.

It was really just a well designed play.

Last edited:

Jordeau

Aug 8, 2014
St. Louis
I'm almost more annoyed at JBo for not covering his man on this play. Parayko made a mistake, no doubt. But JBo was in no-mans land.

Jbo didn't do anything wrong. On a face off win the defenseman always goes back as an outlet behind the net. He's not expecting Parayko to get stripped of the puck. There's really no one to blame but Parayko on the play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad