PHX
OEL lead both teams in ice time. 25:20

Yandle was nearest, with 19:09

zz

Nov 1, 2006

Damn. That's pretty amazing.

Looking at OEL and Boedker's ice time tonight I have to question all those "Tippett hates young players" complaints.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Looking at OEL and Boedker's ice time tonight I have to question all those "Tippett hates young players" complaints.

Both players are very responsible defensively, so that's not really a fair statement. Both had to earn his trust. But you'd have to be a blind man to not play OEL as much as possible. Easily the best player in the game.

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
Loved the game tonight. I was a bit concerned with Hanzal out and Smith leaving so early. LoL played very well though and Sullivan really looked good. Glad to see him getting things going.

I would like to see Columbus compete this year. Their announcers are still difficult to listen to. They still call Boedker Bodiker. It drives me nuts.

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
Loved the game tonight. I was a bit concerned with Hanzal out and Smith leaving so early. LoL played very well though and Sullivan really looked good. Glad to see him getting things going.

I would like to see Columbus compete this year. Their announcers are still difficult to listen to. They still call Boedker Bodiker. It drives me nuts.
To be fair, I've yet to hear ANY NHL announcer pronounce Bödker's name properly.

TheMurdocktor

102, Row K, Seat 4
Jul 11, 2010
Glendale, AZ

Was just about to post that.

I know Sully had his hatty, but OEL was damn impressive tonight from what I saw (only caught the final period) and from what the box score tells me. 3-point night and leading your team in shifts and TOI?

Stud.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Anyone else besides me thinks we need to revamp the entire 4th line?

Everyone knows that #12 shouldn't be playing any amount of hockey on this team and then Bolduc looks fine going forward, but defensively against these quicker players, he's a train wreck and poor Chips is left trying to clear the zone on his own with the other two Dmen.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Credit where it's due. LaBarbera made several key saves, especially right after going in.

Congrats to Sullivan. He had a fantastic game!

Until reading through this thread I didn't even notice that Hanzal and Klesla were out, haha.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Anyone else besides me thinks we need to revamp the entire 4th line?

Everyone knows that #12 shouldn't be playing any amount of hockey on this team and then Bolduc looks fine going forward, but defensively against these quicker players, he's a train wreck and poor Chips is left trying to clear the zone on his own with the other two Dmen.

Tippett was playing Lombardi on the 4th line. Why? I have no idea.

It should be

Korpikoski - Lombardi - Moss
Klinkhammer - Gordon - Chipchura

Gordon brings nothing offensively, so he neuters any 3rd line. Keep him fresh on the 4th. Call up Brown if you have to.

Blubba Jenkins

Not that Insightful
May 30, 2008
NE Florida
Hell of a win. Pretty much everybody played well. It probably helps that Columbus played pretty badly, but the team played to its system so well that it made me stop worrying about Babs playing in net.

Except for Yandle. I love the guy, but it's becoming pretty hard to defend. He needs to get his confidence back. I wonder if he lost a little bit of swagger when OEL became the new hotness.

Moss has been a huge-ass upgrade on Pyatt so far.

Derek Morris was so god damn good. Thankfully, he's been there to bail Yandle's ass out.

The flashes are there with Lombardi, like Yandle, I think his confidence is pretty low after what the past 2 years have been like for him. He played well, though.

These past 3 games have reminded me of how talented Vrbata is. He's much more than a byproduct of Whitney.

Always nice when OEL and Boedker have good games. Does anybody remember which game in the series it was when they got into it with Kane and Toews? I loved that moment.

I don't like #8 on Lombardi. It just looks weird, it almost feels like he's playing half-naked (yes, I'm weird). I think he should have gone with #51, he missed a grand opportunity to go Price is Right on Vermette. Also, with the roster moves and number changes, it's been hard for me not to get Sullivan, Korpikoski, and Stone confused. It doesn't really help that Korpikoski and Stone look a teensy bit similar with their helmets on from far away.

Also, I'm really quite fond of the FSAZ production. I really like McConnell and Nash. I'm pretty love/hate with Todd Walsh and I thought he was pretty tolerable tonight.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Hey, for an 8pm game on a weekday that was better than 3 to 4 years ago, when there was no more than 5-6k at those games. 8500 is a 30%+ increase.

Blubba Jenkins

Not that Insightful
May 30, 2008
NE Florida

It should be

Gordon brings nothing offensively, so he neuters any 3rd line. Keep him fresh on the 4th. Call up Brown if you have to.
Wasn't Lombardi playing between Boedker and Vrbata?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Wasn't Lombardi playing between Boedker and Vrbata?

This game, yeah. But the first 2, he was lucky enough to be riding shotgun with Biz and the 4th liners. Just strange.

Hey, for an 8pm game on a weekday that was better than 3 to 4 years ago, when there was no more than 5-6k at those games. 8500 is a 30%+ increase.

Anyone have any historical numbers? Now I'm curious

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
11-12

10/25 Dallas - 6,948 (Tuesday)
11/3 Nashville - 6,738 (Thursday)
1/24 Ottawa - 8,061 (Tuesday)

10-11

10/21 L.A. - 6,706 (Thursday)
11/3 Nashville - 6,761 (Wednesday)

Some samples.

Attendance fell off the face of the earth after the first season with ownership in question. That's what I really noticed going through the data. We're talking a 50% decrease or so. The Coyotes used to be able to do 11-14k on weekdays, even against bad drawing teams. Maybe GJ is on to something?

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009

It should be

I agree completely. Gordon takes any offense out of the third line when he is put on it. I would like to see what Klinkhammer can do. The 4th line didn't look effective tonight with Bolduc and Biz

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Attendance was 8,355 according to AZCentral. Brutal.

If I lived in Phoenix I would go to all the games, I love watching the Coyotes unlike some people, hope you guys are able to stay around, you guys deserve a hockey team and hope everything gets figured out. (Panthers fan coming in peace :))

8,355 is better than some of the nights I have seen, hope more people in Phoenix realize you guys are a competitive hockey club with underrated talent.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I am LOVING what I'm seeing from Boedker so far. If he stays healthy, I think he ends up with more points than any other player on this team, this season. His strength, speed, and puck possession at top flight is looking so freaking good.

OEL is a God.

I thought for sure Bissonnette was going to set a career high in TOI, but he didn't manage to crack double digits.

Yandle hit two posts tonight.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Not surprised by the numbers and any prospective owner shouldn't surprised by it either. If the deal is a sweetheart one for Jamison, then the attendence shouldnt matter for him in the short term and he would have a great business plan in place to generate more revenue overtime.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
As far as the game is concerned, better effort all around and that is the type of play that would be good enough to have beaten Dallas and Chicago early on.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
11-12

10/25 Dallas - 6,948 (Tuesday)
11/3 Nashville - 6,738 (Thursday)
1/24 Ottawa - 8,061 (Tuesday)

10-11

10/21 L.A. - 6,706 (Thursday)
11/3 Nashville - 6,761 (Wednesday)

Some samples.

Attendance fell off the face of the earth after the first season with ownership in question. That's what I really noticed going through the data. We're talking a 50% decrease or so. The Coyotes used to be able to do 11-14k on weekdays, even against bad drawing teams. Maybe GJ is on to something?

Could be. The BJs will never be a big draw, but maybe if they can build it back up to a point where 11,000 show up for the Columbus's of the league, maybe they can make it work. Long term, drawing 8500 for teams like the Bluejackets imo aint getting it done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad