GDT: Game 3-Blue Jackets-Coyotes: Today at 8 PM

wpgyotes

Bye Bryz
Jul 6, 2006
I am LOVING what I'm seeing from Boedker so far. If he stays healthy, I think he ends up with more points than any other player on this team, this season. His strength, speed, and puck possession at top flight is looking so freaking good.

OEL is a God.

I thought for sure Bissonnette was going to set a career high in TOI, but he didn't manage to crack double digits.

Yandle hit two posts tonight.

Only watched the first two periods (late one for me), but I agree on OEL. Unreal.

Bissonnette might've been called out in Monday's video session - as he had considerably more jump tonight, but that doesn't mean I don't want Torres in there instead of him.

It looked like amateur hour at times with Yandle again. Turnovers all over the ice. He needs to be better.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Torres, even though he will be less physical, will severely help our bottom six and as a result I believe this team will be fighting for the pacific again.

Oh and by the way, our Offense and PP are looking much more consistant.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I think our PP is the best it's been in I don't know how long.

The 5 on 3 actually looked like a competent PP unit, they were actually moving and Boedker had an empty netter several seconds before.

I remember watching our 5 on 3 and swear not only we couldn't get it in the zone, but we had no hope of scoring. Things look much better this season.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Yandle needs to get his swagger back or he needs to be a healthy scratch a few times. He looks like he's just going through the motion

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yandle needs to get his swagger back or he needs to be a healthy scratch a few times. He looks like he's just going through the motion

This was his best game this year. He got better as the game went on, and I thought he looked great in the third. I think Tippett's remarks hit home.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
This was his best game this year. He got better as the game went on, and I thought he looked great in the third. I think Tippett's remarks hit home.

He was brutal in the 1st. He is a shell of his former self at the moment. The dance through the D (which he put over the net) was his only contribution last night. I think he will come around, so long as the team is winning. Yandle puts a lot of pressure on himself to perform, and ends up trying to do too much. Not what the team wants or needs right now.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Hell of a win. Pretty much everybody played well. It probably helps that Columbus played pretty badly, but the team played to its system so well that it made me stop worrying about Babs playing in net.

Except for Yandle. I love the guy, but it's becoming pretty hard to defend. He needs to get his confidence back. I wonder if he lost a little bit of swagger when OEL became the new hotness.

Moss has been a huge-ass upgrade on Pyatt so far.

Derek Morris was so god damn good. Thankfully, he's been there to bail Yandle's ass out.

The flashes are there with Lombardi, like Yandle, I think his confidence is pretty low after what the past 2 years have been like for him. He played well, though.

These past 3 games have reminded me of how talented Vrbata is. He's much more than a byproduct of Whitney.

Always nice when OEL and Boedker have good games. Does anybody remember which game in the series it was when they got into it with Kane and Toews? I loved that moment.

I don't like #8 on Lombardi. It just looks weird, it almost feels like he's playing half-naked (yes, I'm weird). I think he should have gone with #51, he missed a grand opportunity to go Price is Right on Vermette. Also, with the roster moves and number changes, it's been hard for me not to get Sullivan, Korpikoski, and Stone confused. It doesn't really help that Korpikoski and Stone look a teensy bit similar with their helmets on from far away.

Also, I'm really quite fond of the FSAZ production. I really like McConnell and Nash. I'm pretty love/hate with Todd Walsh and I thought he was pretty tolerable tonight.

I thought Yandle played his best game tonight. He got stronger as the game went on. He was moving his feet and started to shoot the puck. He has a great shot, wish he would stop the fake slap shot and just shoot it more often.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Korpikoski is playing really well too. Good to see after he sustained the concussion and the twisted knee in the playoffs last year. Playing like a mad man on the for check and blocking shots.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Robin Hood

Aug 28, 2007
Copenhagen
Man oh man. They really butchered the pronunciation of Coyotes. It's not "Key-oat-tease" and it's not "Key-Oats" like that host said. I'm very offended that he didn't pronounce it the way we do.

Geez, no-one is offended. There's nothing wrong with pronuncing it wrongly when you're not Danish-speakers. Point was that ANY NA announcer says it wrongly, so there's no reason to point fingers at anyone specifically.

Actually 90% of Danes pronounces the "D" wrongly and they don't even have an excuse :laugh:

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
Do you have a video handy that has the correct pronunciation? If I remember right, I read his name is pronounced with a sound we don't use here.

The ø sound would be somewhat close to how you would pronounce the 'u' in burger. So think burger and switch some consonants ;) Not that it bothers me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad