Pre-Game Talk: Game 3 - 1/18 5:07 PM - BRUINS at NY Islanders - NESN, NBCSN, SN (except Ontario), 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I can tell you this from being there - both the Flyers and Devils are trying to make it feel like a home game as much as possible.

I can also tell you the Bruins are not. On Thursday night at TD Garden, there will be no Jim Martin on the PA and no Ron Poster on the organ. They seem oblivious that the sounds of the home arena might bring comfort to the players and viewers watching at home.

Second bolded line is mine.

Shocking that Jacobs wouldn’t pay the organist or announcer even if it meant that a “home game“ atmosphere might lead to wins.

Typical Jacobs scroogery.

It’s called “Bruins.”

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
In this format every single point matters

I can tell you this from being there - both the Flyers and Devils are trying to make it feel like a home game as much as possible.

I can also tell you the Bruins are not. On Thursday night at TD Garden, there will be no Jim Martin on the PA and no Ron Poster on the organ. They seem oblivious that the sounds of the home arena might bring comfort to the players and viewers watching at home.

And what do we have to look forward to when the old man croaks? His dippy kids!!! If that doesn’t charge you up, I don’t know what will.

Maybe they can save some money and just have stumbling Ch-ch-Charlie do the announcements.

g-g-g-goal ssssscored by...... long pause ..... by David pasturnnne-neck.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

:mad:

Well, at least we will have cookies in the GDT. Hmph.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Harry always said you build a team from the goal out and the Devils look to have a good one in Mac Black.
Derek always said when the team was in a goal scoring drought it took an ugly goal to break it. Throw everything at the net, get in front of the goaltender, a deflection, rebound or off a skate the uglier the better.
Yeah we need "a fluke, a pretty one and a power play" as Derek used to say.

Reactions: aguineapig

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
So DeBrusk has absolutely sucked so far, to reward this he gets put on the top line. With the effort he has shown I would give Senyshyn a shot there over him. Don't reward lazy, uninterested play.

I would also give Moore or Clifton a look over "overmatched" Grizz.
The irony of this statement is fantastic.

I agree with the Gryz statement though. Has had looked completely overwhelmed so far. I think management wants to give him a month to settle into the new roll, however.

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Very disappointing, but sadly not surprised.

Top Shelf Wrister

Jan 16, 2017
T.Fred, Sean, Wags is a nice 4th line. I’d like Kuraly scooping up loose pucks after Trent establishes the forecheck. Just like paille and soupy

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Wow. JJ being a cheap *****. Who could see that coming?

As someone mentioned once Mortimer Duke finally croaks it will become his demonspawn running this team so nothing will change.

This must be what Sisyphus feels like.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Isles going to eat up the B`s physically, take this one 3-1, breaking the internet after a thread titled "Missed opportunity : Barzal" ,sorry, just not feeling optimistic this AM

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

That's absolutely nuts, especially from a branding perspective. I could probably identify at least half of the NHL arenas if you played me a broadcast and blurred out the names of players, but gave me the background organ music and some other game day cues. The Flyers -are- Gritty. CBJ -is- the cannon. The Habs -are- the "shave and a haircut, two bits!" that finishes off every organ cue from that crazy Hab lady. (Cue the video.)

I haven't seen one "buy a cardboard cutout" promo, either, so it seems like Old Man Jacobs is literally uninterested in making a buck.

I'm not that worried about the players getting/giving a psychological edge with no "at home" noise. They're big boys. They can play through it. If they play well, it's not because of organ music, and if they suck, they suck. And no matter what they do in terms of presentation, it's still going to be weird.

Looking at the possibilities for Krejci's line, I'm a little bit scared that this may be the gameday music....

Wasn't too impressed with Studnika on opening night. Ritchie makes me nervous - need to be on a tight leash. But, please, Bruce, Marchand-Bergy-Krejci?
1020 × 589

Reactions: aguineapig

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Maybe I'm insane but I like the lines. I've already reached the "why the hell not?" phase

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Bruins need to find a 2nd line combination that works. Hopefully Ritchie - Krejci - Studnicka does.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

I like the idea of going crazy with the lines. Try stuff you've never tried before. Maybe some of it's dumb, but Cassidy needs to be willing to try new things. In fact, I'd go even crazier. Separate Marchand and Bergeron. I know their chemistry is great and it's blasphemous to suggest separting them, but if you're not trying every possible option, then you're doing the team a disservice. Who knows, they might catch lightning in a bottle. The worst case scenario is that you still can't score 5-on-5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille