Pre-Game Talk: Game 3 - 1/18 5:07 PM - BRUINS at NY Islanders - NESN, NBCSN, SN (except Ontario), 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Bruins are also 1-6-0 vs the Redwings in the last 2 years

and they went to a Cup Finals and won a president trophy in that time

Yeah again, not sure why everyone continues to talk about the past. Here and now is all I'm concerned with. Bruins might be without Pasta, Kase and Smith and yet they are still a better team than the Isles somehow?

Reactions: Gordoff

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
I'll be surprised if either team scores 3 goals.
Hoping for a better game, once again.

Reactions: LouJersey

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Yeah again, not sure why everyone continues to talk about the past. Here and now is all I'm concerned with. Bruins might be without Pasta, Kase and Smith and yet they are still a better team than the Isles somehow?

Yes we have much much better high end talent even without pasta and a massive mismatch in goal

Reactions: Jean_Jacket41

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Talent is worthless without execution.

okay and where still playing preseason hockey it takes time..yes these games count but it takes time to get up to speed

Every team in the league has looked like absolute DOG SHIT for multiple periods so far this year the bruins aren’t the only one

the islanders looked great last game losing 5-0

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Talent is worthless without execution.

100%. The Islanders have demonstrated this well already. First game against the Rangers they played, they took advantage of their opportunities and won comfortably. Next game the same roster was super sloppy and slack and copped what they deserved - a bad loss.

So I don't really get the point of arguing whether this or that team is objectively 'better'. The vast majority of teams in the league have enough quality talent that on any given night they can win if they execute better than their opponents. Having a better roster helps in that you can often get away with only playing well in small patches and still get a positive final result, but that only takes you so far.

The Bruins roster seems to match up well against the Isles. Maybe on paper it's slightly stronger, although without Pasta and with a defense that's very much work-in-progress I'm not sure that's still the case. But it all means very little when the puck drops tomorrow.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Well they gained 3 points but so did Devils. I do not see how people think they are just going to walk all over the Isles.

They need help and can not keep relying on 1 line for offence.

This season going to be hard to watch a lot of the time.

Reactions: Gordoff

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Imagine the numbers he'd have put up if he had legit 2nd liners flanking him for the last 3-4 years.

Krejci did tie a career high in points with DeBrusk as his primary winger a just a couple seasons ago....

Last year Krejci had just 5 goals and 5 primary assists total in 5 on 5 situations.

Last year DeBrusk had 12 goals 5 on 5. Krejci assisted on just 1 of those goals. A second assist... In fact, DeBrusk was the set-up man on 2/5 Krejci's goals.

Why the sharp dip for Krejci, who like I said, put up big numbers the previous year with 47 points 5 on 5?

Reactions: lopey and Gordoff

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Best top line when Pasta is in there yes, not now

Best goalie yes,

Best #1 D yes, next four best defensemen are all Islanders

Better team last year yes

The past is great yes, not applicable now though, I'm sorry.

Hard disagree on this point.

Reactions: JOKER 192

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Bah. Grocery delivery at 4-6 tomorrow. Hopefully they're early....

Still hoping Smith steps up, but I'm easy on him because his body doesn't seem to be at 100%. Losing Kase for tomorrow isn't the WORST thing that could have happened, but it'd be nice to get a run of 4 or 5 games at the start just to get the chemistry flowing, rather than having to sit through "interesting" lines like Marchand/Bergeron/Krejci (!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad