Pre-Game Talk: Game 3 - 1/18 5:07 PM - BRUINS at NY Islanders - NESN, NBCSN, SN (except Ontario), 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
i dont understant this too...why try this, Debrusk show nothing, no interest, maybe expose him?

That's not the only one I don't understand.

Here are some examples,

Grizz struggling on the second pair , put on the 1st ?
Bjork never has produced on top line ,Hasn't produced anything worth talking about this season . Put him on the 1st.
Coyle has come out of the gates a little slow at 3rd line C , put him on the 2RW where he has never had any success.
Zboril after playing well on 3rd pairing in his 4th NHL game, put him on 1st pairing.
Ritchie who has scored 1 of only 3 RT goals, get him out of the line-up.
David Krejci who is one of the few that hasn't struggled is the reason passengers like DeBrusk and Kase aren't scoring. He's supposed to make them better don't you know?
Lauzon who has been decent on the 1st pairing , especially for some one who has played a grand total of 37 NHL games, needs replacing somehow by a guy who has played 4 NHL games or the guy who is struggling on 2nd pair.
Jake DeBrusk who has looked like total horseshit, let's put him on top line on his off wing.
PP is scoring at 28.6 % , we miss Krug who has zero points and was on the Ice for 4 goals in STL 8-0 loss.

WHAT THE f*** IS GOING ON HERE? It's 2 f***ing games without a pre-season. Some of the dumbest shit I have ever read on these boards.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Stay calm we got 3 out 4 points let's breathe

In this format every single point matters

I can tell you this from being there - both the Flyers and Devils are trying to make it feel like a home game as much as possible.

I can also tell you the Bruins are not. On Thursday night at TD Garden, there will be no Jim Martin on the PA and no Ron Poster on the organ. They seem oblivious that the sounds of the home arena might bring comfort to the players and viewers watching at home.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
In this format every single point matters

I can tell you this from being there - both the Flyers and Devils are trying to make it feel like a home game as much as possible.

I can also tell you the Bruins are not. On Thursday night at TD Garden, there will be no Jim Martin on the PA and no Ron Poster on the organ. They seem oblivious that the sounds of the home arena might bring comfort to the players and viewers watching at home.

Ol' Jacobs won't fork out the cash for a couple of extra staff? Petty, and even worse it's bad policy for team performance. Those little things do help, and even if it's only a small boost it's easily done so just do it.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
anything less than 4 of 4 was a major upset vs that team.
Like I said earlier we acquired 3 points but also gave away 3. Should have been 4 of 4 and that is embarrassing.

They are really going to have to improve if they want to instiil confidence with the fans. Tired of oh so and so is injured, suck it up and play as a team. Teams have injuries all the time, but are we that volatile that we have to stay injury free (impossible).

Reactions: BMC

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Is Studnika playing? I’d like to see him get more than 1 game or more accurately 2 periods since he was demoted from his line for Bjork.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Like I said earlier we acquired 3 points but also gave away 3. Should have been 4 of 4 and that is embarrassing.

They are really going to have to improve if they want to instiil confidence with the fans. Tired of oh so and so is injured, suck it up and play as a team. Teams have injuries all the time, but are we that volatile that we have to stay injury free (impossible).

The only two players who have proven they can play up in the lineup the past few years has been Krejci and Heinen and Danton is gone. Coyle moves up, non factor. DeBrusk, non factor. Bjork, non factor. That is the issue. They are Joe Thornton/Adam Oates era reliant on one line, and the PP. One of the big three gets hurt and nobody can pick up the slack

Maybe Smith can move up if healthy? Not sure.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I know its early but if the first 2 games are any indication of how this team is going to look/play we are in for a disastrous season. Still early obviously but I'd like too some jump/energy.

Pastrnak showing that he the most important player on this team.

Reactions: duffy

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I think people are reading waaaay too much into Bruce's decisions in the first two games.

Nothing has been working so far outside of Bergeron and Marchand. Combine that with Kase being down and the lines go into a blender. That's not indicative of anything, settle down.

I mean they couldn't score an ES goal without Pasta vs by far the worst team they will play all season. Not panicking, but looks like business as usual....and now Kase is out again, and Smith has a bad back.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I mean they couldn't score an ES goal without Pasta vs by far the worst team they will play all season. Not panicking, but looks like business as usual....and now Kase is out again, and Smith has a bad back.
Yeah, it's not good. But people criticizing Cassidy and making sweeping judgements on how we will do this season after two games is a bit frantic. Settle down.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

That's Buffalo. That team still can't defend to save their lives. Eichel and Hall are two of the most overrated players in the sport. At least the Devils play hard and can defend half-decent.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Believe it or not I think nick Ritchie can be a solid 2 nd line winger even can play with bergy and marchy. Hes gonna have a big year. Book it.
I am not a fan of Ritchie, he is too slow to play in today's game.
If we want a big body to stand in front of the net, bring Dave Andreychuk out of retirement!
He has also made some bad decisions in the first two games with the puck, losing the puck 2 feet at the blueline, which can never happen at the NHL level.
I would rather see TF elevated to his line and Ritchie put on the fourth line.

aguineapig

I am not sure if we just made them look that good but Hughes looked excellent, as did Wood, and Palmeri.
Harry always said you build a team from the goal out and the Devils look to have a good one in Mac Black.
Derek always said when the team was in a goal scoring drought it took an ugly goal to break it. Throw everything at the net, get in front of the goaltender, a deflection, rebound or off a skate the uglier the better.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
The only two players who have proven they can play up in the lineup the past few years has been Krejci and Heinen and Danton is gone. Coyle moves up, non factor. DeBrusk, non factor. Bjork, non factor. That is the issue. They are Joe Thornton/Adam Oates era reliant on one line, and the PP. One of the big three gets hurt and nobody can pick up the slack

Maybe Smith can move up if healthy? Not sure.
I agree with what you sre saying, but this is not a good situation to be in as injuries to top players happen every season.

They have not addressed the 5 v 5 scoring situation for years. Secondary scoring is practically non-existent. In addition, they lost Krug's 40+ points average per season on a scoring deprived team. Not an ideal situation for success.

Reactions: LouJersey

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
I am not a fan of Ritchie, he is too slow to play in today's game.
If we want a big body to stand in front of the net, bring Dave Andreychuk out of retirement!
He has also made some bad decisions in the first two games with the puck, losing the puck 2 feet at the blueline, which can never happen at the NHL level.
I would rather see TF elevated to his line and Ritchie put on the fourth line.
he scored one of our three goals and has looked pretty good after two games. he's no NHL all star but is one of the last players to deserve criticism after two games. I'm sure I will be upset with him at some point because he has that effect on people but not yet this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad