Pre-Game Talk: Game 3 - 1/18 5:07 PM - BRUINS at NY Islanders - NESN, NBCSN, SN (except Ontario), 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
So DeBrusk has absolutely sucked so far, to reward this he gets put on the top line. With the effort he has shown I would give Senyshyn a shot there over him. Don't reward lazy, uninterested play.

I would also give Moore or Clifton a look over "overmatched" Grizz.

Yeah, this lineup should be a “go with the hungry” situation. Reward the players making things happen; Frederic, Ritchie, Zboril and demote the guys not cutting it; DeBrusk, Grzelcyk.

Marchand — Bergeron — Studnicka
Ritchie — Krejci — Smith
Frederic — Coyle — Bjork
DeBrusk — Kuraly — Wagner

Zboril — McAvoy
Lauzon — Carlo
Grzelcyk — Miller

But let’s see if:

1.) Cassidy sticks with the lines for more than 4 shifts each.

2.) How DeBrusk does away from Krejci with our two best forwards. If it doesn’t work and he continues this garbage, demote to the 4th and let him sit on that.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah, this lineup should be a “go with the hungry” situation. Reward the players making things happen; Frederic, Ritchie, Zboril and demote the guys not cutting it; DeBrusk, Grzelcyk.

Ritchie — Krejci — Smith
Frederic — Coyle — Bjork

Zboril — McAvoy
Lauzon — Carlo
Grzelcyk — Miller

But let’s see if:

2.) How DeBrusk does away from Krejci with our two best forwards. If it doesn’t work and he continues this garbage, demote to the 4th and let him sit on that.

Could it be any worse than WITH Krejci?

I feel bad for 63/37 being saddle with a winger with severe tunnel-vision like Jake Debrusk.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Debrusk is a 25-30 goal scorer. That means a goal every 2-4 games.

I think we are expecting him to be a superstar. He is a complementary top six scoring winger, nothing more.

We might be in trouble scoring again today.

Reactions: RustyBruins72

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Debrusk is a 25-30 goal scorer. That means a goal every 2-4 games.

I think we are expecting him to be a superstar. He is a complementary top six scoring winger, nothing more.

He hasn't recorded a single assist in his past 28 or 29 NHL games. Not a primary assist, not a secondary assist, nothing. That's with PP time and plenty of offensive zone starts 5 on 5. That's brutal.

Calling Jake Debrusk a Top 6 winger is laughable. He may of been at one point, but he isn't now.

Reactions: JOKER 192

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Ritchie — Krejci — Smith
Frederic — Coyle — Bjork

Zboril — McAvoy
Lauzon — Carlo
Grzelcyk — Miller

But let’s see if:

liked Ritchie in game 1, last game 2 he was putrid, don`t even think he landed a hit, had 1 brutal giveaway and another Zboril made a good play on to cover his ass

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
In this format every single point matters

I can tell you this from being there - both the Flyers and Devils are trying to make it feel like a home game as much as possible.

I can also tell you the Bruins are not. On Thursday night at TD Garden, there will be no Jim Martin on the PA and no Ron Poster on the organ. They seem oblivious that the sounds of the home arena might bring comfort to the players and viewers watching at home.

Embarrassing. Original 6 team with a number of games on national television....

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
He hasn't recorded a single assist in his past 28 or 29 NHL games. Not a primary assist, not a secondary assist, nothing. That's with PP time and plenty of offensive zone starts 5 on 5. That's brutal.

Calling Jake Debrusk a Top 6 winger is laughable. He may of been at one point, but he isn't now.

Is Krejci going to be scoring? It isn't good at all, but Debrusk was a net front presence on the PP when he played there.

I want to see Krejci and Debrusk with an actual top six winger before we call him a failure. Rather than always playing shorthanded.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Could it be any worse than WITH Krejci?

I feel bad for 63/37 being saddle with a winger with severe tunnel-vision like Jake Debrusk.
I think Cassidy is doing this because Bergeron and Marchand are a handful without a third, which is why he seems to be ok just sticking people there until Pasta is back

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I’d swap Frederic and Bjork. See if Frederic can bring the play he’s had up the lineup. Give us two big bodies in the top 9. Bjork hasn’t done much.

Id leave the 4th line alone as they seem to be actually doing well. That trio at 5v5 in the first 2 games:

CF% - 71.4
SF% - 90.0
xGF% - 84.2

Highly unsustainable numbers, but their feeling it to start the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad