Post-Game Talk: GAME 29 - TD GARDEN has become the Leafs BLACK HOLE - BRUINS 6 Hogtown 3 FINAL

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
If Charlie is okay this game was everything we could hope for.

Carlo/Krug and the Backes/Cave line did a great job against Matthews. Until garbage time.

1st line a McAvoy/Gryz dominated the Tavares line.

JFK/Heinen/Donato were great aside from Donato’s one turnover

Smith wasn’t amazing but him playing he left let Wagner play the right were he looks more comfortable.

Moore again with a strong game.

Smith forchecking and drew a crucial penalty

keep playing him

Donato had two nasty turnovers... benched after the 2nd one. Needs to keep it simple, this is not college

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Donato - Best game as a pro in every zone

Heinen - hopefully the start of him coming out of a huge sophmore slump

Carlo - too many mistakes tonight for my liking, but gets a mea culpa for making Kadri look like a wuss

Wagner - great response hit

This picture never gets old.
leafs-fans-upset1.jpg

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
That was probably the worst game their D has played this season. Their D is fine.

No they aren't. Sorry BD, I respect your opinion but there is nothing past Morgan Reilly that will endure a best of seven. Tonight the hits came out and they once again withered. Poor decisions (Heinen goal) not taking the pass (Krejci goal) not taking the guy rushing the net (JFK and Donato goal) and not removing the screen (Krug goal).

That is not a playoff defence and they were chucking the puck along the boards instead of clean breakout passes 5 minutes into the game.

Everyone knows they try and outscore their problems. Tonight they had 6 problems against one of the worst scoring teams in the NHL.

But for everyone else's sake in the Atlantic I hope their management is as oblivious or as high on their D. Standing pat means the Sabres, Bruins or WC1 team wins a best of seven.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
The Kid Line ( JFK, Donato, Heinen,) looked like a line that we could really enjoy watching the rest of the year.

Tonight maybe the game where we look back and say it was Donato and JFK 's coming of age game in the NHL.

Reactions: gillesgilbert

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Ok for real though... where is the Gryz major cross checking penalty? Like is there any video of that at all?

Also sidenote: Pasta once against dominated the leafs, easy for him. Imagine paying more for Nylander than Pasta LOL
I don't remember hearing Nylander's name all night

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Ok for real though... where is the Gryz major cross checking penalty? Like is there any video of that at all?

Also sidenote: Pasta once against dominated the leafs, easy for him. Imagine paying more for Nylander than Pasta LOL

That was weird. The arm went up right away on the original hit on McAvoy. And then the referee just felt he HAD to get it evened out.

The other part of that is...somehow Babcock was mad with that result from the refs? LOL. I’d love to know what he was asking for...???

Reactions: Strafer and Emerz

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Leafs Nation saying that the hit on McAvoy was payback for the Bruins being dirty.

I mean...I just....

What??? What is this even in reference to?

Playing physical? Maybe they aren't aware you can play physical without being dirty, well obviously they aren't aware.... it is leafs national after all. I'd love for them to post a clip of said "dirty play".

Reactions: TCB and Chief Nine

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Only on paper to people who don't watch the Leafs.
They are not as bad as ppl think but not above average. They move the puck fast if you do not cover the forwards and fore check them. Andersen is making them look better then they are, with Sparks they become exposed.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
No they aren't. Sorry BD, I respect your opinion but there is nothing past Morgan Reilly that will endure a best of seven. Tonight the hits came out and they once again withered. Poor decisions (Heinen goal) not taking the pass (Krejci goal) not taking the guy rushing the net (JFK and Donato goal) and not removing the screen (Krug goal).

That is not a playoff defence and they were chucking the puck along the boards instead of clean breakout passes 5 minutes into the game.

Everyone knows they try and outscore their problems. Tonight they had 6 problems against one of the worst scoring teams in the NHL.

But for everyone else's sake in the Atlantic I hope their management is as oblivious or as high on their D. Standing pat means the Sabres, Bruins or WC1 team wins a best of seven.

Once again, what you saw tonight isn't the norm for that group.

I'm not saying their D cannot be improved, or that it's a top end group.

But it's far from the dogs breakfast the line-up lookers on HF Boards would have you believe.

It's decent, it's not great as a group. I never said it was great. They didn't exactly get much help from the forwards either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad