Post-Game Talk: GAME 29 - TD GARDEN has become the Leafs BLACK HOLE - BRUINS 6 Hogtown 3 FINAL

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
He picked up a few garbage time points so leafs fans can clutch to that for their savior Matthews always missing in big games.

That's what I see as well. First game ever that Marner didn't impress because that Leaf always plays up to big games. It looked like on that goal that they stole the puck from him that the time they are giving Marner has shortened where the Bruins aren't afraid to let Matthews have the puck along the boards. As soon as the hit was incoming he chucked it rather than power through or try a move.

Reactions: Emerz

HackeyFanz

Dec 8, 2017
Except for the McAvoy incident it was just the game we needed.

Charlie and Krecji looked dominant

Heinen and Donato got a confidence boost with a goal and assist each

JFK got a goal to get it started. We needed that

Gemel brought some energy and speed to the bottom 6

Grizz and Wagner sticking up for McAvoy earned some points in my book

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Did CBC show any views of the crosschecking "major" by Grzelcyk?? I've gone back and watched the NESN footage twice now and i can't see anything and with these refs tonight, i'm gonna need some type of visual confirmation to believe anything...
Gryz, that 6'5'' goon?! LOL

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Like I've said since the start of the season, I'm not afraid of TOR. Vastly overrated team because their is a Maple Leaf on their jersey.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
Remember when I said TML were largely likable? Well, THAT was obviously untrue.

I watched the Hockey Night in Canada broadcast and my are they in love with Anderson.
upload_2018-12-8_19-9-34.jpeg

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Hard for Wagner to miss hitting the guy with the head the size of Sputnik. My fav scene about this

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
If Charlie is okay this game was everything we could hope for.

Carlo/Krug and the Backes/Cave line did a great job against Matthews. Until garbage time.

1st line a McAvoy/Gryz dominated the Tavares line.

JFK/Heinen/Donato were great aside from Donato’s one turnover

Smith wasn’t amazing but him playing he left let Wagner play the right were he looks more comfortable.

Moore again with a strong game.

Reactions: LouisSleigher

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Major effort by the Bs. I liked the lines going into the game, and liked them even more after the game. Bruce did the best he could with a crap situation. Heinen looked great. Donato looked great. Backes was flatout impressive. Krejci killed it out there. Whole team gave it everything they had.

Up 6-2 having your young superstar just back from concussion getting hit like that well after the puck is gone is just plain maddening. There was no doubt that was an intent to give Charlie another concussion. This league is so full of crap when it says it wants to protect its players. Been turning a blind eye selectively all season and before this season. Truly beyond sick of this shit. Love this sport and team but getting to the point of not giving a shit about a league that is run like a damn carnival and gong show. There is no way reffing should be this bad. None. And there is no way DoPS should be as bad as it is. I say it every year, but the Bs brass/coach need to start publicly reaming the refs and DoPS. Some people say they shouldn't do it because the league might take it out on the Bs. Really? As if they aren't for whatever reason doing that already. Babcock has no problem working the refs every minute of every game. Funny how it seems to work for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad