GDT: Game 29: Montreal Canadiens vs Chicago Blackhawks: 6:00pm EST RDS, SN, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Toews isn’t a first line center anymore. He brings a lot to the game and I actually like him, but at 10.5M$ per, he is an overpaid second line center, and his leadership doesn’t make up for the difference.

4 years ago, sure. But not anymore.
He’s still an elite first line center, you are out to lunch. Sure he makes 10.5 so what.. we have tons of cap space and the cap goes up every season. It would be fine, you would love Toews if he was ours.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
He's an elite C that hasn't cracked 60 pts since 2015? I don't think so.
He’s a 2 way center, you know this right? It’s very hard to play against him, and he produces in the 50-60 point range. He’s a career +191 player for Christ sake... hes worth every penny of his contract. Salaries are on the rise in the NHL. We can always buy him out/trade him in the future but I don’t see him declining fast, he’s a guy that will decline slowly. 24 points in 30 games this season on a horrible team. And he speaks perfect French so it’s an easy sell to the French media.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
He’s a 2 way center, you know this right? It’s very hard to play against him, and he produces in the 50-60 point range. He’s a career +191 player for Christ sake... hes worth every penny of his contract. Salaries are on the rise in the NHL. We can always buy him out/trade him in the future but I don’t see him declining fast, he’s a guy that will decline slowly. 24 points in 30 games this season on a horrible team. And he speaks perfect French so it’s an easy sell to the French media.
Him and Bergeron are pretty much the same type of players, look at what Bergeron makes...

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
We would only have 1 hole left on LD, that’s it, we would be an elite team.

I don't think a team running:

Kulak
Benn
Schlemko

on the left side is allowed to be described as elite.

Connor McDavid wouldn't bring this roster to the Cup Finals.

Toews? I suppose...I applaud your optimism?

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center

Kulak
Benn
Schlemko

Read everything I wrote, I said we would only have one gaping hole on LD to fix.

Brook + 2020 1st + ? Could fix that problem for us.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Kulak
Benn
Schlemko

Not to speak for @Cobra Commander, but I believe what he's saying is that should they make the trade he wants to make, all that will be left to fix is Weber's partner. Meaning the left side would not be Kulak, Benn, and Schlemko.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center

Kulak
Benn
Schlemko

I think McDavid WOULD bring us to a final, we have a MUCH better team than Edmonton minus McJesus.

Reactions: scrubadam

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

Did you have a discussion with Hawks fans recently?

I actually am a fan of Toews and like what he brings to the game. With that being said, he already has declined in the last couple years and he isn’t worth 10.5M$ per.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Did you have a discussion with Hawks fans recently?

I actually am a fan of Toews and like what he brings to the game. With that being said, he already has declined in the last couple years and he isn’t worth 10.5M$ per.
I talked to a couple and offered that packages. Didn’t get many responses, I think just 1 guys said he would do it. Most fans would probably see that package as junk honestly.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
He’s still an elite first line center, you are out to lunch. Sure he makes 10.5 so what.. we have tons of cap space and the cap goes up every season. It would be fine, you would love Toews if he was ours.
He isnt anymore. I think you are the one out to lunch

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
When you bring out French to convince us you know u lost outright.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Read everything I wrote, I said we would only have one gaping hole on LD to fix.

Brook + 2020 1st + ? Could fix that problem for us.

In a vacuum, if we are able to get a crafty veteran C and find a team who wants to gift us a top pairing LHD, great. We will be a much better team - I obviously agree on that principle.

However, both of those deals would mean completely gutting the cupboards, which we have just begun to restock. I suppose I am less trigger happy to do so than you, and doubly so when it comes to any super high-price players north of 30.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Now keep the spirit alive.. Let's argue on the main board.. héhé
Remember that Nylander vs Domi thread while domi was lighting it up?
I posted I would heavily rather Nylander. And I'm a habs homer, lol, that dude was quite funny. Prob just a kid.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
In a vacuum, if we are able to get a crafty veteran C and find a team who wants to gift us a top pairing LHD, great. We will be a much better team - I obviously agree on that principle.

However, both of those deals would mean completely gutting the cupboards, which we have just begun to restock. I suppose I am less trigger happy to do so than you, and doubly so when it comes to any super high-price players north of 30.

Let’s keep stocking this cupboard then and pissing away our player’s primes, it’s been working great for us. Let’s keep snacking for ever instead of finally cooking up a main dish. We’ll just keep filling up on bread.

We wouldn’t need a cupboard if we add Toews and a good LD, we would have all we need to win. Build up a new cupboard in the next years. Not a problem at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad