GDT: Game 29 | Habs vs Sens | Presented by Devcore!* Edition | Thu Dec 6 2018 7:30PM | TSN5, TSN2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Habs were more aggressive and hungry from the start. Place was full of Habs fans, one of the worst I have ever been part of...and still thousands empty seats. Not a great atmosphere.

Ottawa was soft and played like a bunch of pansies. They had so many chances to lay the body. Montreal didn't pass up many opportunities.

Boucher needs to go. Constantly blaming the youth while vets get a free ride. He thinks we are blind and/or stupid. Pyatt is a joke. Smith , no one wants him. If Duchene is out long term, then it will be time to really focus on younger players. White was excellent.

Dzingel was terrible. Demoralizing game and yay the Penguins are next.

Pyatt doesn't hit
Paajarvi doesn't hit
Smith is a top 6 forward now and doesn't fight

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Was pointed out in the broadcast midway through a 1-1 game and the Sens are playing some strange trap like it's double OT in game 7 of the playoffs, seemed almost scared to cross center ice. Well inevitably shortly after that the onslaught began and I turned it off...Lesson learned, this team is going to be absolutely awful this season and a few wins in a row will not change a thing as those extended losing streaks are always just around the corner. Add in some fresh injuries and we can pretty much pen in that bottom 5 position.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Remember when Ottawa lost 3 games in 1 week to Montreal and that ended up screwing the Habs because they had to play the Rangers in the first round? I hope that somehow happens again.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Honestly I listen to both stations and I'd still give 1200 the nod in overall quality. There are a LOT of bad takes on 690.
Was out in the car between 11:30 and 12:30 yesterday, listened to both TSN1200 and TSN690. Tony Marinaro had Simmer on as a guest, where the Sens were discussed at length and also had another full segment discussing the Sens, then a few others previewing the game. In this time, Steve Lloyd and Todd White discussed the Telus Skins game, tie-breaking procedures in the TSN1200 Pick em Pool, girl guide cookies, AJ vs Marcotte (AGAIN), nothing previewing the game. TSN690 is far, far superior in hockey coverage. TSN1200 has no flow and the guys basically wing it throughout their entire shows, there really is no comparison to be made here. I get it, yes, Dean or Gord are always brought on as "Insiders", but they never, ever discuss anything of substance.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Soooo, just curious to hear from the usual suspects that defend the org here.

Remember just last week when we were told that the locker room was destroyed last year by Erik Karlsson and how he demanded that the team not practice?? Well, yesterday was an optional skate and today they get the day off. Who are we blaming now? If there was any team in the league in need of practice, this would be them, especially if there will be a couple of bodies called up from Belleville. Heck, has Justin Falk even practiced with the team yet?

Don't mean to bring up old news, but seems like a lot of people have taken Stevenson/Wallace's garbage from last week and convinced themselves that it was actually true.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Was pointed out in the broadcast midway through a 1-1 game and the Sens are playing some strange trap like it's double OT in game 7 of the playoffs, seemed almost scared to cross center ice. Well inevitably shortly after that the onslaught began and I turned it off...Lesson learned, this team is going to be absolutely awful this season and a few wins in a row will not change a thing as those extended losing streaks are always just around the corner. Add in some fresh injuries and we can pretty much pen in that bottom 5 position.
a few wins in a row does change things as those types of steaks will keep them out of the bottom 5. If Duchene is healthy .

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
time to sit pyatt and bring in MaxM

we could have used his mustard last night.

with duchene hurt, and bobby out (hopefully) does pageau come back early? Bring up Chlapik/paul?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Do you think that a game on Saturday @ home (7pm), Sunday @home(5pm) and Tuesday @Nashville has something to do with it?
You missed the point, again, I am shocked.

Maybe there were real reasons we didn't practice last year too, but we conveniently blamed the superstar player that is no longer here a year after the fact to try to change the narrative on why he was moved.

Also, have you watched this team play?? Does it really look like they can go a few days without practicing? Would it not be beneficial to get the two new bodies up here and practicing and getting used to the system of play before tomorrow night's game? Aren't these guys young and fresh with tons of energy?

Last edited:

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Soooo, just curious to hear from the usual suspects that defend the org here.

Remember just last week when we were told that the locker room was destroyed last year by Erik Karlsson and how he demanded that the team not practice?? Well, yesterday was an optional skate and today they get the day off. Who are we blaming now? If there was any team in the league in need of practice, this would be them, especially if there will be a couple of bodies called up from Belleville. Heck, has Justin Falk even practiced with the team yet?

Don't mean to bring up old news, but seems like a lot of people have taken Stevenson/Wallace's garbage from last week and convinced themselves that it was actually true.
Guy Boucher is known for encouraging rest/days off, "Rest is a weapon" is one of his slogans per Dorion.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Guy Boucher is known for encouraging rest/days off, "Rest is a weapon" is one of his slogans per Dorion.

I think our insane schedule plays a big part in that to be honest, I doubt he likes giving his players time off but with how often the team has been playing, it isn't unreasonable to think down time will be helpful.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
You missed the point, again, I am shocked.

Maybe there were real reasons we didn't practice last year too, but we conveniently blamed the superstar player that is no longer here a year after the fact to try to change the narrative on why he was moved.

Also, have you watched this team play?? Does it really look like they can go a few days without practicing? Would it not be beneficial to get the two new bodies up here and practicing and getting used to the system of play before tomorrow night's game? Aren't these guys young and fresh with tons of energy?

I get it, you would have them play yesterday, practice today, play Saturday & Sunday, Morning skate & Travel on Monday, play on Tuesday (Nashville), Travel and Practice on Wednesday, Practice on Thursday, Play Friday (Detroit) and Travel after the game and play on Saturday (Montreal) and so on ..... no days off, ever!

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Massive disappointment for this team to come up flat in what were two must win games if we wanted to stay in the playoff hunt.

It'd be one thing if we lost two straight, but played like warriors. We played more like road kill.

Could we make the playoffs? Sure, anything can happen. These two losses make it significantly less likely. This feels like a turning point in the season, similar to the loss last year against St.Louis in January.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah, exactly 7th is out of the bottom 5. If Duchene is healthy we will finish 7-12
Duchene is the difference between 7th and 5th worst? Oh boy good thing we sold the farm for him.

5 games ago, didn't we have the worst P/G percentage of all 31 teams? Doesnt really matter whether we have Duchene or not, this still easily one of worst teams in hockey.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Outshot 30-11 in the last 2 periods, I'd say the blue line weren't the only ones taking the night off.

our blueline could of been taken with ease by a combo French-Italian army last night. It was like driving down the queensway on Christmas Day at 6:00am, pick a lane and just give 'er, nothing is getting in your way

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Really disappointing 2 games.

2 games where we needed our best from the players that have been producing.
I thought Chabot had his worst 2 games of the year.
Tkachuk had some great chances in g1. He had 1 shot in g2, all be it on a good scoring chance. I was disappointed in his game, particularly last night. I find Tkachuks down low game outstanding, but other than that there is lots to improve in both the Dzone and the neutral zone.
Tierney was MIA outside 1 or 2 shifts
The Duchene line was not as good as they've been. They got caved in the Dzone and did not generate much. Batherson was pretty invisible. He is going to be really good but he's not ready for a 3 zone NHL game.
Stone was our best player; followed by White imo - in both games
Paajarvi was ok, bunny hop and all
Pyatt should be out; Lets see what else we got ; He does his thing but unless he can be super reliable defensively he offers nothing
I thought Ryan was the best of the rest up until he got hurt.
On D; Still an adventure; I thought Demelo and Jaros, although not perfect, were probably the most reliable.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
our blueline could of been taken with ease by a combo French-Italian army last night. It was like driving down the queensway on Christmas Day at 6:00am, pick a lane and just give 'er, nothing is getting in your way

When we have 4 players lined up on our blue line waiting for the other team to attack full speed , that's what it looks like..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad