GDT: Game 29 | Habs vs Sens | Presented by Devcore!* Edition | Thu Dec 6 2018 7:30PM | TSN5, TSN2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Ah the struggles of a rebuild...Ceci is our most experienced defenceman when Boro is hurt. We get stuck in our end and by the time we get the puck we have to get it out instead of breaking out.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Of course the person who says this is all due to "rookie mistakes" gets a "voice of reason" badge from AJ.

Geez this is hard to listen to. Just so much scapegoating instead of facing reality.

Why do the mistakes of the veterans always get overlooked? Sure the rookies make mistakes and most of us can live with that and don't get overly upset about it. But when the veterans make lots of mistakes it is much harder to be tolerant.

I guess it ends up being a circular argument. It is either that the rookies are literally making the mistakes or that the mistakes by the veterans are somehow caused by the presence or play of the rookies. That somehow someway the rookies make some kind of mistake and that whatever that mistake might be is what inevitably causes the veterans to compensate and make mistakes themselves. There is never any "the veterans are making mistakes and it is actually their fault and their responsibility to fix". It is always the rookies fault which is nonsense.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I'll go out on a limb and say I suspect that Duchene suffered a groin pull. Recovery can take from 2-3 weeks to worst case 3-4 months depending on the grade. From the looks I'd be optimistic at the lower number. He could respond to early treatment (ice, heat, massage or other therapy) and push himself to play if it's just a strain with no tear but if he tries he could aggravate it making the problem much worse. Lets hope I'm wrong and it's just a mild tweak in a leg muscle after sitting on a cold penalty bench and he was kept out as a precaution.

Reactions: Alex1234

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Do yourself a favour and stop listening to those hacks. Those TSN1200 guys are probably the worst radio hosts covering a NHL team in Canada. Complete opposite to TSN 690.

Honestly I listen to both stations and I'd still give 1200 the nod in overall quality. There are a LOT of bad takes on 690.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Seems like all season long the forwards are playing too low in the defensive zone 5v5, giving the defenseman way too much time to make a play or find a shooting lane. Also prob not a good idea to try line matching the PSP line with the Domi line when he has that much real estate in Zack Smith's head lol

waiiiivveeerrsss

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Seems like all season long the forwards are playing too low in the defensive zone 5v5, giving the defenseman way too much time to make a play or find a shooting lane. Also prob not a good idea to try line matching the PSP line with the Domi line when he has that much real estate in Zack Smith's head lol

waiiiivveeerrsss

I think Boucher actually thought he was getting the better of that matchup because he kept throwing Smith out there and gave him the 2nd most icetime among forwards.

You have to question Guy's intelligence at this point.

Reactions: Alex1234 and Daffy

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Pretty much what I expected. Claude has Guys playbook in his pocket. Guys not creative enough to out coach anyone.

In my memory Boucher has been dominated by Claude Julien in matchup play. I'd like to find their head to head matchup stats, my guess is Julien has a 750% in wins

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
I'm no longer excited into going to the game in Montreal on the 15th. This team just doesn't have what it takes to beat the Habs. What a waste :rant:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
an entire chunk of my section audibly laughed last night when harpur sent that puck out cross ice.... like, you've been flipping the puvk out to cernter ALL GAME LONG... heck since you started your NHL career you've been doing it constantly.. don't you have your range measured yet?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ah the struggles of a rebuild...Ceci is our most experienced defenceman when Boro is hurt. We get stuck in our end and by the time we get the puck we have to get it out instead of breaking out.
you would think as our most experienced blueliner he would be setting some sort of example.. falk was babysitting him last night

Reactions: solidprospect
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad