GDT: Game 29 | Habs vs Sens | Presented by Devcore!* Edition | Thu Dec 6 2018 7:30PM | TSN5, TSN2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
No, I can perfectly be negative or positive at any time (unlike some). I usually will be more temperated but the last 2 games they don’t deserve anything as they played like crap, and it’s against a rival that I care more of the result but also the process.

Sometimes a team can lose but can play well, these last 2 it was not the case at all. I couldn’t watch the whole games against the Habs but the difference in effort, work ethic, structure, etc was really apparent. The Habs have less talent but looked so much better, coached professionally vs an amateur club. The Sens are so disorganized it’s not funny, that’s why they are so widely inconsistent from period to period.

Can you imagine the Habs with talents like Stone, Duchene, Chabot, Tkachuk, White, Batherson, etc. We are wasting this talent away in a discombobulated team with a poor supporting cast (starting with only 1 NHL goalie). It’s not a league where you can cheap it out to complete your roster and even your depth. A serious team would stop playing players like Pyatt and Harpur.

The Sens are now the Coyotes of the east and as long as the ownership doesn’t change (so different management and coaching), they don’t deserve to be in this league. It’s such a shame to not have a competitive team with all the talent that has been drafted since 2008

All of this could have been said long before these two losses though.

Nice of you to catch up. ;)

Reactions: Alex1234

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
If Claude Julien or dare I say Tororellas are coaching this team, and they lose a game like they did tonight, do you think they aren't much, much harsher on their players? Not saying they'd be singling out guys but man would some asses get kicked.

Reactions: Daffy

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I watch either Habs or Sens where I live. Like to watch the Habs but when they play the Senators they trigger me so much, I dont get how players can look at Domi or Gallagher and not punch their stupid faces. I think Id get a heavy suspension.

I think we dont have the speed to match them. Andy let in some softies but kept us in in the 1st, there’s nothing in front
The way Gallagher and Domi played tonight is exactly how Tkachuk or Smith should've played tonight

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So, need info on Duchene's injury.

The severity could very well play a part in the teams outlook moving forward past this season.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Of course the person who says this is all due to "rookie mistakes" gets a "voice of reason" badge from AJ.

Geez this is hard to listen to. Just so much scapegoating instead of facing reality.

Is this a TSN 1200 reference? Please keep that in the sports radio thread - I’m on quite the streak of not listening to that station. Your post, if I’m interpreting it correctly, reaffirms why I subscribed to Sirius for sports talk radio in the car. I seriously couldn’t stomach anything about their programming or personalities any further lol.

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010
So, need info on Duchene's injury.

The severity could very well play a part in the teams outlook moving forward past this season.

Injury could make Duchene contemplate signing w us sooner rather than later. Might be thinking to make guaranteed money here 8 years X 8....before it vanishes due to the unknown...bird in the hand...hmmm

Reactions: Silencio

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Is this a TSN 1200 reference? Please keep that in the sports radio thread - I’m on quite the streak of not listening to that station. Your post, if I’m interpreting it correctly, reaffirms why I subscribed to Sirius for sports talk radio in the car. I seriously couldn’t stomach anything about their programming or personalities any further lol.

Sorry lol. But I mean, the post-game show on there falls into the GDT for me, and I don't think these posts belong in the radio thread.

But yeah, it's painful to listen to tonight. They keep calling out the fanbase for being overly negative when we have ample reason to be down on this team.

Brendan Bell always too cool and above all of this pessimism I guess. Praises the texter for not being negative and replies, "It happens. Sometimes you're gonna have two bad nights in a row" lol. It's like this is not the norm but the exception in his eyes.

How do these people keep their jobs I don't know.

Reactions: hawthy

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
I went to the game tonight. Every time the 4th line came out I made it a mission to watch what Pyatt actually does. He does shit all! He can't skate, he can't hit, he's soft on the puck, loses battles all the time. What the heck is Boucher fixation with his pet Pyatt?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I went to the game tonight. Every time the 4th line came out I made it a mission to watch what Pyatt actually does. He does **** all! He can't skate, he can't hit, he's soft on the puck, loses battles all the time. What the heck is Boucher fixation with his pet Pyatt?

He is the same way with Smith, and he might be even more useless.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Habs were more aggressive and hungry from the start. Place was full of Habs fans, one of the worst I have ever been part of...and still thousands empty seats. Not a great atmosphere.

Ottawa was soft and played like a bunch of pansies. They had so many chances to lay the body. Montreal didn't pass up many opportunities.

Boucher needs to go. Constantly blaming the youth while vets get a free ride. He thinks we are blind and/or stupid. Pyatt is a joke. Smith , no one wants him. If Duchene is out long term, then it will be time to really focus on younger players. White was excellent.

Dzingel was terrible. Demoralizing game and yay the Penguins are next.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Sorry lol. But I mean, the post-game show on there falls into the GDT for me, and I don't think these posts belong in the radio thread.

But yeah, it's painful to listen to tonight. They keep calling out the fanbase for being overly negative when we have ample reason to be down on this team.

Brendan Bell always too cool and above all of this pessimism I guess. Praises the texter for not being negative and replies, "It happens. Sometimes you're gonna have two bad nights in a row" lol. It's like this is not the norm but the exception in his eyes.

Haha. I don’t actually mind your post, but I wasn’t joking about not listening anymore. I found myself getting mad at how wrong the takes were. It was like, the quality of a sports radio station one might expect is Sault Ste. Marie, or Peterborough. It was just horrible sports talk radio.

I do miss Sens sports talk as Sirius doesn’t really have any Ottawa Senators options lol, but it’s better quality stuff.

Sounds like tonight is on point!

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I'm kinda glad we don't have our 1st round pick. That way we don't have to deal with pathetic f***s who want us to lose

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada

Do yourself a favour and stop listening to those hacks. Those TSN1200 guys are probably the worst radio hosts covering a NHL team in Canada. Complete opposite to TSN 690.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
It's either the coach or the players. You'll have to act soon you can't hide forever Pierre!

What exactly do you want Pierre to do? Trade more picks away for veterans to fill our many holes. The team is years away from contending. The team needs a starting goalie, 2nd line center and a number 2 and 3 defenceman before they are a playoff team.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
The way Gallagher and Domi played tonight is exactly how Tkachuk or Smith should've played tonight

Oh agreed, I like them when I watch them against any other team, but Senators are my favorite team and they piss me off, I dont understand how nobody does anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad