GDT: Game 29 | Habs vs Sens | Presented by Devcore!* Edition | Thu Dec 6 2018 7:30PM | TSN5, TSN2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Duchene is the difference between 7th and 5th worst? Oh boy good thing we sold the farm for him.

5 games ago, didn't we have the worst P/G percentage of all 31 teams? Doesnt really matter whether we have Duchene or not, this still easily one of worst teams in hockey.
You can have your opinion, but I can’t consider one of the best goal scoring teams one of the worst teams in hockey. Just my opinion; doesn’t make them a good team overall, but you have to be bad scoring and defending wise for me to say you’re a terrible team. We’re not going to end up bottom 5 if Duchene is not out long term

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
When we have 4 players lined up on our blue line waiting for the other team to attack full speed , that's what it looks like..

Waiting on the blue line? All I saw was retreating on the blue line. Every single zone entry by a Hab went uncontested.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Really disappointing 2 games.

2 games where we needed our best from the players that have been producing.
I thought Chabot had his worst 2 games of the year.
Tkachuk had some great chances in g1. He had 1 shot in g2, all be it on a good scoring chance. I was disappointed in his game, particularly last night. I find Tkachuks down low game outstanding, but other than that there is lots to improve in both the Dzone and the neutral zone.
Tierney was MIA outside 1 or 2 shifts
The Duchene line was not as good as they've been. They got caved in the Dzone and did not generate much. Batherson was pretty invisible. He is going to be really good but he's not ready for a 3 zone NHL game.
Stone was our best player; followed by White imo - in both games
Paajarvi was ok, bunny hop and all
Pyatt should be out; Lets see what else we got ; He does his thing but unless he can be super reliable defensively he offers nothing
I thought Ryan was the best of the rest up until he got hurt.
On D; Still an adventure; I thought Demelo and Jaros, although not perfect, were probably the most reliable.

At this point I watch the talents of #72,#7, #61, #95...and if they are going I’ll keep an eye on #18, #79, #36.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
You can have your opinion, but I can’t consider one of the best goal scoring teams one of the worst teams in hockey. Just my opinion; doesn’t make them a good team overall, but you have to be bad scoring and defending wise for me to say you’re a terrible team. We’re not going to end up bottom 5 if Duchene is not out long term
We won't be a top scoring team by the end of the year. Our shooting percentage is already dropping and guys like Tierny, Demelo, Chabot, Lajoie, Tkachuk, Boedker are all steadily failing off their massively career best kind of paces. Outside the San Jose game, the scoring has really dried up for a few weeks now. That's highly unlikely to change. Duchene, Dzingel, Stone and White will keep producing up front at a good rate, but I wouldn't expect a lot from the rest. Chabot and Tkachuk will produce too but won't be the PPG+ we've gotten. Those guys will probably finish between 50-60 points, which is great.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Where did that "goal-scoring" go the past 2 games? You know that our shooting percentage is not sustainable and on paper, this is a bottom 3 team in this league and with a coaching staff that is unable to make adjustments or teach, this is easily the worst roster in the NHL.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
We won't be a top scoring team by the end of the year. Our shooting percentage is already dropping and guys like Tierny, Demelo, Chabot, Lajoie, Tkachuk, Boedker are all steadily failing off their massively career best kind of paces. Outside the San Jose game, the scoring has really dried up for a few weeks now. That's highly unlikely to change. Duchene, Dzingel, Stone and White will keep producing up front at a good rate, but I wouldn't expect a lot from the rest. Chabot and Tkachuk will produce too but won't be the PPG+ we've gotten. Those guys will probably finish between 50-60 points, which is great.
I don’t see how that statement is true about the goal scoring drying up.

Last 10 games:

2 goals
2 goals
6 goals
3 goals
4 goals
2 goals
6 goals
2 goals
1 goals
6 goals

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Lets try the same exercise with the next 10
iu

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I don't miss Martin, but its a good quote ; not sure its his though
It's an old basketball quote I believe. Still relevant and apparently JM used it a lot. It may have even been put on the hallway or wall of the dressing room while he was coach in Ottawa.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I don’t see how that statement is true about the goal scoring drying up.

Last 10 games:

2 goals
2 goals
6 goals
3 goals
4 goals
2 goals
6 goals
2 goals
1 goals
6 goals
Simple arithmetic tell me that's 3.2 goals per game, which would be good for 12th in the league in goals per game. Ottawa's currently 7th and were ranked #1 a couple weeks ago. What does that tell us?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Where did that "goal-scoring" go the past 2 games? You know that our shooting percentage is not sustainable and on paper, this is a bottom 3 team in this league and with a coaching staff that is unable to make adjustments or teach, this is easily the worst roster in the NHL.
I heard that before the year started then they have gone out and scored a lot in almost 30 games played . Obviously they will regress a bit offensively, and I doubt they make the playoffs, but your statement that this is easily the worst roster in the NHL has already proven to be false. You can say they’re the worst defensively or one of, but overall no way this is the worst roster when you consider the offense they have produced. That’s a lot of hyperbole.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Simple arithmetic tell me that's 3.2 goals per game, which would be good for 12th in the league in goals per game. Ottawa's currently 7th and were ranked #1 a couple weeks ago. What does that tell us?
It’s actually 3.4 . And a top 10 offense would be very good and considered a top offense. We’re not the best nor was I arguing that.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's an old basketball quote I believe. Still relevant and apparently JM used it a lot. It may have even been put on the hallway or wall of the dressing room while he was coach in Ottawa.

The meaning of “Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.” is that no matter how talented you are if you don't work hard nothing will happen for you. Tim Notke had wrote but it was brought to light when Kevin Durant used it after being drafted.Sep 4, 2016

This has to be up there for highlight of the night

I don't understand why nobody went after Domi last night, reminded me of JM when he wouldn't let his players fight either. GB got out coached again last night & did nothing but lay on the ropes & take it, that's a bad coach & these players are playing like a team that want their coach fired in these past two games.

Playing zone defence (1-3-1) again last night when the team was down was absolutely terrible, why he continuously goes back to this is beyond me. He just seems like he is out of his element & has no clue how to correct it & needs to be fired asap. Of course, they won't because they can't afford to pay for new coaches, it's not in their budget.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We play in the BEST hockey league on earth. You can definitely be one of the worst teams in hockey while still being able to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad