GDT: Game 29: Colorado Avalanche vs Montreal Canadiens 12/5/19 7:00pm EST TSN2, RDS (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Ca[...] Pri[...]

images

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I feel like putting Primeau in net was a bit of a controlling the narrative situation.

If you go with Price and we lose again everyone is like here we go again, but if Primeau loses it's like ok he's a kid, pack it up move on let's play tomorrow. If he wins then the team looks like they pulled off a great move.

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Teams have a way of rallying around rookie goalies like this and elevating their games. We will see what our guys are made of tonight.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
It is funny how we can find truth in both possibilities haha

I think you could be right, and sports is always hindsight, but I just worry that if they lose against COL, then the bad energy can come back and affect the NYR game and beyond. If we weren't coming off the losing streak then I think I wouldn't be so concerned, but I think you're risking more putting Primeau in now, but like you said he's here so let's hope he kills it!

Yep! haha. I totally get your point too as I previously said. Could go both way. With that being said, I'm kind of worry for this game... huge test for Primeau & the team. I have a feeling we come out on top 4-3 in regulation.

Reactions: Habssince89

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
This is the kid I'd build my team around.
He's the same as Crosby, he wants to get paid obviously and deservedly so but wants the ultimate prize more than anything. I am betting on him to raise a cup at some point in his career. The Avs might be the next salary cap era dynasty. Look at what the Leafs young guns did to that franchise and then we have the privilege of reading this about Mac, refreshing.

Reactions: Lshap

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
I can only imagine the swarm if Primeau plays great tonight and Price struggles tomorrow. :laugh:

We haven't had a good old goalie controversy in a while.

One of those "everyone wishes they had this problem"

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Colorado is favoured regardless who is in net tonight. Might be worth taking a chance of improving the odds (starting Price) against the weaker team. Either that or they just did "eenie meenie miney mo" and poor Primeau lost.

Julien said they want Price vs their conference foe. Colorado is a good team but Montreal is not fighting for playoff position with them. Primeau gets the out of conference game.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Aside from showcasing him, I have NO IDEA why the kid is in nets tonight. But that's just me.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I feel like putting Primeau in net was a bit of a controlling the narrative situation.

If you go with Price and we lose again everyone is like here we go again, but if Primeau loses it's like ok he's a kid, pack it up move on let's play tomorrow. If he wins then the team looks like they pulled off a great move.
You might be right; I see the logic behind doing this from a marketing perspective. But as a dad of kids around the same age, I'd feel terrible if Primeau's NHL debut turned into a shooting gallery nightmare. Yikes.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He's looking for someone to be a godsend darkhorse and save his worthless ass
That's why the kid is playing, if he falters it's no big deal except for the fact that his confidence is crushed but who cares? You want it kid, well here it is. If by some miracle Primeau is able to hold this team in it and come out with a win you will hear them talk about how they knew that he has the "it" factor. It's another reactionary move that might or might not turn out to be part of the "plan".

Reactions: Pickles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad