GDT: Game 29: Colorado Avalanche vs Montreal Canadiens 12/5/19 7:00pm EST TSN2, RDS (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
oquGLKx.jpg

dqBGblm.jpg

EBlLQQM.jpg

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Don’t get me wrong but I love Primeau’s potential. I’m not comparing him to Price at all but I think he is ahead of Price at the same age in term of pro minding. NOT comparing the talent or potential ok?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Don’t get me wrong but I love Primeau’s potential. I’m not comparing him to Price at all but I think he is ahead of Price at the same age in term of pro minding. NOT comparing the talent or potential ok?

It's fair in terms of hope of him reaching his ceiling potential. His AHL stats on a mid range AHL team talent is very very good for a 20 year old. The only difference between Price and Primeau is where they were drafted.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
In fairness to both Price and Kinkaid, with 5 the Habs have fewer starts from their backup then any other team in the league so far ( 3 teams with 6).

20 of 31 teams have already started their backups at least 10 times.

Kinkaid was 1-1-3 in 5 starts for 5 pts. Only 4 teams have fewer pts from their backups (Calgary, Columbus, New Jersey and Toronto).

Habs need to find someone they trust to backup Price and play them more.

Reactions: abo9

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Yeah, Primeau's playing the Avs and the odds are way stacked against him. But I have the same confidence that he'll win that I would have if Kinkaid was playing this game.

If he does, amazing. If not, I wasn't expecting it.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Good luck Young Goalie.. welcome to the pressure cooker that IS MTL.

Maybe for once we can ice a rookie goalie who just destroys a team since you know.. that happens to MTL quite often...

Thanks for the GDT Donger.... simple yet effective. I can appreciate that.

3-2 habs win cause why not have more drama?! :scared:

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Poor choice to start primeau. You lose 8 games in a row, finally snap the streak and then put yourself in a position to lose again? You need the team feeling confident after potentially 2 Ws in a row, you shouldn't risk momentum to bring in a 20yo at home against a team like Colorado

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Peca, Thompson, Weal, Cousins, Leskinen, Kulak, Primeau, Fleury.

Let that sink in to the paying fans at the Bell Center. Please tip Geoffy and Bergevin on the way out for the product they are delivering this season.

Do we even qualify as an NHL roster at this point?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
If Primeau plays well and wins, we're probably going to get Price vs Primeau posts like Halak vs Price. Should be fun?

I don't want him to lose either! Habs better protect this kid.

He's in a tough spot vs a really good team.

I'm sure his parents will be in Montreal for this one. Keith will get to watch his kid begin his NHL career in the place where his ended.

Good luck, Kid! Welcome to Montreal.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Poor choice to start primeau. You lose 8 games in a row, finally snap the streak and then put yourself in a position to lose again? You need the team feeling confident after potentially 2 Ws in a row, you shouldn't risk momentum to bring in a 20yo at home against a team like Colorado
It’s a back to back. He’s got to play in one of them.

Good news is that the team has played a lot tighter in the last two games. Hopefully that bodes well for us.

Reactions: CDN24

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Price won the AHL conn smythe at the end of his final junior year. Its not close. Price was miles ahead of Primeau at the same age.

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing

Not even close. Price won calder cup mvp at 19 and put .920 sv% as a 20 yr old. He was another level as a prospect

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal

I get your point, I feel it's the opposite... kind of funny how perception works. I'll start by saying I'm against Primeau being here... but since he's here :

I believe Julien when he says that he wants his #1 against a conference opponent. Also, I guess Julien believes (or hopes) the players will give an extra effort to no let a 20 YO left to dry, especially for his 1st nhl start. The fact that Colorado is a much better team than NYR & are playing on B2B gives Habs the better chance of winning the 2 games.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
The Habs just ended the longest losing streak in franchise history, now with one win it would be fitting to break their longest winning streak of 12 games in 68'. (1/13)

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I get your point, I feel it's the opposite... kind of funny how perception works. I'll start by saying I'm against Primeau being here... but since he's here :

I believe Julien when he says that he wants his #1 against a conference opponent. Also, I guess Julien believes (or hopes) the players will give an extra effort to no let a 20 YO left to dry, especially for his 1st nhl start. The fact that Colorado is a much better team than NYR & are playing on B2B gives Habs the better chance of winning the 2 games.

It is funny how we can find truth in both possibilities haha

I think you could be right, and sports is always hindsight, but I just worry that if they lose against COL, then the bad energy can come back and affect the NYR game and beyond. If we weren't coming off the losing streak then I think I wouldn't be so concerned, but I think you're risking more putting Primeau in now, but like you said he's here so let's hope he kills it!

Reactions: HabsTown
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->