GDT: Game 29 - CBJ at FLA - 7 Dec, 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
This team is up the creek. We have no game changer type talent in our farm system. The players we want to trade --nobody wants, especially with their contracts. The players that have trade value are the ones we want to keep to build around. The Blue Jackets are going to be left with building their team through the draft, something we're not very adept at.
I guess they have to decide if these guys that have trade value will be here when things start turning. If you have to trade someone now with value, that is a start to getting better prospects. Sometimes you have to trade your best players to fix things down the line. Just look at the Indians, they are probably going to trade their best player to start replenishing their farm system. Columbus is in the same boat. Unfortunately the don't have a Lindor type talent to draw top prospects.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Merzlikins is ****ing terrible.

The things some guys say, that the team might as well play Merzlikins ("over" Korpisalo) to see what he has or can be, is actually true in regards to the guys playing below Merzlikins.

I`d like to hear which of the goals was his fault. Was it the double tip in? Was it the one that was tipped AND he was screened, was it the cross- crease goal? Or maybe he was at fault for the empty net goal aswell?

Reactions: The Bread Man

MrBadguy

May 27, 2016
I`d like to hear which of the goals was his fault. Was it the double tip in? Was it the one that was tipped AND he was screened, was it the cross- crease goal? Or maybe he was at fault for the empty net goal aswell?
Yes, the empty net was on him for sure! also him and Korpi not scoring goals make them really bad goalies overall....

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
They’re trying hard, but it’s only a matter of time before human nature takes over and they start mailing it in.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
They’re trying hard, but it’s only a matter of time before human nature takes over and they start mailing it in.
I hope not. Because then you have to wonder if you have guys that will respond when things get tough, or will they just fold. Win or lose, I want them playing hard for the rest of the year.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
The dude simply doesn't cover enough of the net.

Double tip? Any puck that goes through Korpisalo like that is trashed.

Look at how much net he is actually covering on the cross ice pass goal. Look at how much of the ICE he is blocking as the puck passes him and the goal line...HE'S UP OFF THE f***ING ICE. Its essentially a tap in goal. Most of the shots that go in on Merzlikins aren't even good shots.

The dude hasn't won a damn game. Nobody seems to care that Korpisalo started many games on the road.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
The dude simply doesn't cover enough of the net.

Double tip? Any puck that goes through Korpisalo like that is trashed.

Look at how much net he is actually covering on the cross ice pass goal. Look at how much of the ICE he is blocking as the puck passes him and the goal line...HE'S UP OFF THE ****ING ICE. Its essentially a tap in goal. Most of the shots that go in on Merzlikins aren't even good shots.

The dude hasn't won a damn game. Nobody seems to care that Korpisalo started many games on the road.

LOL at the idea that double-tipped goals are "essentially a tap in" that Korpisalo would have no trouble stopping.

Elvis goal support: 2,2,3,2,3,0,1 (2.29 goals/game, though the team also did nothing in the 2 OT losses and 1 SO loss) // Fwiw, Korpisalo gets 2.5 goals/game of support - more, but not significantly so.

I'm not sure what the lack of wins has to do with his play when the offense hardly shows up for him, the coach only starts him on the road, and 6 of his 7 starts have come against teams currently in playoff position.

Both goalies have been below average, but they're not significantly different. No real reason for Korpisalo to get 75% of the starts - his play hasn't justified it. Elvis needs to be getting North American games in and the team has botched the first 2+ months of his development here. Send him to Cleveland, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad