GDT: Game 29 - CBJ at FLA - 7 Dec, 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Agreed about Gavrikov, looks solid back there.

Offense is just non-existent. No threat to score. Hard to believe the amount of regression.

Merzlikins couldn't do anything about the three scored on him; a tip, a one timer cross ice, and a screened tip.
Hope he gets his first win soon, but the CBJ gotta score for him too.

Next two games are going to be tough.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Who is this Alexis Lafrenière guy? I feel like I should study up on him so I can be more disappointed when another team wins the draft lottery.

Reactions: Halfboard

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Tracking for 74 points.
Averaging 2.4 goals scored per game.
Tracking for a -56 goals differential.

If the next 2 games are losses, call it a day for this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: cbjfaninmo

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
maybe we go for a big trade for a top 6 forward as a hail Mary to save the season ?

I believe a firing, benching, waiving would help but I'm not willing to do anything too drastic like trade a top player for a temporary fix. Especially if it is a guy we couldn't keep long term. Trading a Jenner or Foligno or some longer tenured guy would be fine. Some sort of message needs sent. This thing is a mess...

ScreamingWild

Jobu Mojo
Oct 4, 2006
Ontario
maybe we go for a big trade for a top 6 forward as a hail Mary to save the season ?
This season is not worth salvaging. No need to waste what few assets we have to create some false sense of this team being successful. I'd rather tank than go on some pointless streak that brings the team thisclose to making the playoffs and oh so far away the best of the draft.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I believe a firing, benching, waiving would help but I'm not willing to do anything too drastic like trade a top player for a temporary fix. Especially if it is a guy we couldn't keep long term. Trading a Jenner or Foligno or some longer tenured guy would be fine. Some sort of message needs sent. This thing is a mess...
It would have to be a package of a defense man and a guy like you described

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
This season is not worth salvaging. No need to waste what few assets we have to create some false sense of this team being successful. I'd rather tank than go on some pointless streak that brings the team thisclose to making the playoffs and oh so far away the best of the draft.
Yeah I think there won’t be any moves made, it’s just me hoping for some excitement

ScreamingWild

Jobu Mojo
Oct 4, 2006
Ontario
Do you truly believe another coach could get better results with this crappy roster ?
Yes, I do. This team is playing with a defeated mindset from the drop of the puck. Tortorella is infamous for ripping players, hell the team as a whole, even after they've played well. Do you really think he is encouraging the players right now or are they receiving the same snarky, spiteful attitude with which he flays reporters in the post game presser?

Edit to add that I don't believe that a new coach would make this a miracle season. I believe a new coach could just possibly bring in a new coaching style or philosophy that could help the team build toward next season.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

I agree. Something has to give. I'd send Wennberg and/or Nash to Cleveland and make a minor trade. Mr. Atkinson should visit Mr. Press Box.

I'd ship Anderson out. If he's not hurt, then something else is up. He's got one more year of RFA left after this (only signed through this season) and the history of acrimonious contract negotiations along with his crappy play makes it a pretty easy call to trade him.

Reactions: ScreamingWild

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Yes, I do. This team is playing with a defeated mindset from the drop of the puck. Tortorella is infamous for ripping players, hell the team as a whole, even after they've played well. Do you really think he is encouraging the players right now or are they receiving the same snarky, spiteful attitude with which he flays reporters in the post game presser?
I mean I honestly don’t see how this group of players can get wining results with an offensive first mind set, we don’t have the skill on the team

Reactions: Toe Pick

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I agree. Something has to give. I'd send Wennberg and/or Nash to Cleveland and make a minor trade. Mr. Atkinson should visit Mr. Press Box.

I'd ship Anderson out. If he's not hurt, then something else is up. He's got one more year of RFA left after this (only signed through this season) and the history of acrimonious contract negotiations along with his crappy play makes it a pretty easy call to trade him.
Can we really get something meaningful for Anderson now? His value is all time low now

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
I mean I honestly don’t see how this group of players can get wining results with an offensive first mind set, we don’t have the skill on the team

We DO lack skill but there's a goodly amount of guys underperforming and some that flat out look disinterested.

ScreamingWild

Jobu Mojo
Oct 4, 2006
Ontario
Texier looks completely defeated.

Elvis looks like he's nearly in tears trying to take the blame for the losses in the games he's played.

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Making a move to MacLain COULD inspire and it certainly isn't a drop off from Torts. He knows the guys now. Can't really hurt at this point. Sheeeesh, and I do like Torts BTW...

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
I don’t know why we’re all complaining......remember what Jarmo said toward the end of last year; “No matter what happens, we’ll still have a great team”.....

ScreamingWild

Jobu Mojo
Oct 4, 2006
Ontario
Making a move to MacLain COULD inspire and it certainly isn't a drop off from Torts. He knows the guys now. Can't really hurt at this point. Sheeeesh, and I do like Torts BTW...
I'm in the same boat as you, I'm a fan of Torts. Sadly, in my opinion, he's done and the guys are done listening to him.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Do you truly believe another coach could get better results with this crappy roster ?
Is that a serious question ? Nearly any coach that understands today’s nhl , and offensive concepts and systems would be getting a better result . Was the dramatic improvement in the powerplay not an indicator enough for you , once Maclean came in ? Guys surprised of an actual offensive system , and Required of being at certain places , at certain times . This garbage of running all our offensive thru the blue line , cheating defenseman up all the time giving up odd man rushes , when we have an actual great defensive core is idiotic . Torts micro manages all the creativity out of his forwards . Oh, by the way , Duclair had another 2 goals today , 13 g on the season , 6 assists , 19 points in 30 games .

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Is that a serious question ? Nearly any coach that understands today’s nhl , and offensive concepts and systems would be getting a better result . Was the dramatic improvement in the powerplay not an indicator enough for you , once Maclean came in ? Guys surprised of an actual offensive system , and Required of being at certain places , at certain times . This garbage of running all our offensive thru the blue line , cheating defenseman up all the time giving up odd man rushes , when we have an actual great defensive core is idiotic . Torts micro manages all the creativity out of his forwards . Oh, by the way , Duclair had another 2 goals today , 13 g on the season , 6 assists , 19 points in 30 games .

I grew up playing in the 70's. I love 70's style hockey. 70's style hockey no longer works. Torts coaches (for the most part) 70's style hockey. I doubt these kids EVER played it!

Reactions: MoeBartoli

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
This is on Jarmo. If Panarin and Bob were injured last year, the team would have gotten these same results. A coaching change would spark the team to still miss the playoffs and screw us out of a high draft pick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->