GDT: Game 29 - CBJ at FLA - 7 Dec, 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
We follow up the return of Bread with a visit to Bob's new place. Because all the angst has to happen all at the same time, I suppose. :(

Projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Sonny Milano - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Emil Bemstrom
Josh Anderson - Boone Jenner - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Gustav Nyquist - Alexandre Texier - Cam Atkinson
Nick Foligno - Riley Nash - Eric Robinson

Dean Kukan - Seth Jones
Ryan Murray - David Savard
Vladislav Gavrikov - Andrew Peeke

Joonas Korpisalo
Elvis Merzlikins

Scratches: Alexander Wennberg, Scott Harrington

Roster Report: It seems possible Wennberg could be a scratch as he alternated in and out during line drills featuring five-man units on Friday. The Blue Jackets will not have a morning skate, so the lineup won't be known until John Tortorella's pregame meeting with the media.

panthers.nhl.com didn't bother with a preview article; they instead link you to Ticketmaster. Go figure.

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Panthers' last game:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Unlike Panarin, wishing bob nothing but success. Except tonight of course.

this one won’t be too emotional since it’s not his homecoming, but it’ll still be weird

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Already a minor victory tonight? Wennberg a healthy scratch? :naughty:
:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

Next step: Designation to Cleveland. If there's ever been a player who needs the cold water-in-the-face that a minor league assignment brings an NHL veteran, it's Wennberg. Send him down and let him stay there a full month. If he works hard, then give him another chance. If not, scratch him for the rest of the season and buy him out in June.

He should have run out of chances in Columbus very early in the 2018-19 season. Enough is enough.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

Next step: Designation to Cleveland. If there's ever been a player who needs the cold water-in-the-face that a minor league assignment brings an NHL veteran, it's Wennberg. Send him down and let him stay there a full month. If he works hard, then give him another chance. If not, scratch him for the rest of the season and buy him out in June.

He should have run out of chances in Columbus very early in the 2018-19 season. Enough is enough.
Does he have to pass through waivers? And if so, him getting claimed and shedding that contract might be a win for us.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
With all the football on tonight I’ll be watching on my dvr late tonight. Go jackets

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
That is an interesting lineup. I hope they play well. Since he is not playing, will Pooh be arrogant enough to just stay home at his apartment this evening?

Last edited:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Anxious to see these line combos - at least for as long as they last until Torts pulls out the blender.....At the same time, I'm surprised to see the changes since we had 47 shots and lots of pressure last night. I'm not sure that changing the lines changes the likelihood of finishing.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
45C20683-8E5D-4718-95C5-CB590A32B771.jpeg

Secret Santa pulling for Jackets tonight.

Reactions: Madifer

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Sort of surprised Elvis gets the start tonight but I guess it makes sense if they want to ride Korpisalo through the next stretch of tough road games.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Glad Wennberg the playmaker that doesn’t make plays or control play is in the pressbox. Still too much dead weight but have given him chances going on into the third season

Reactions: DarkandStormy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad