GDT: Game 29: Blackhawks (15-9-4) @ Predators (14-9-5) 12/10/15 7:00 pm CT CSNC,FSTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
We gotta be concerned about Toews. He's showing no puck skills these days. He looks like a grinder out there.

He looks fatigued if not outright injured. Its not the puck skills that are lacking its the strength and speed on his skates.

Id be tempted to sit him and let him recoup, but that would obliterate our center depth.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Thanks so much for making millions of dollars and not showing up to play hockey.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
We gotta be concerned about Toews. He's showing no puck skills these days. He looks like a grinder out there.

Not panicking, but goddamn it would be nice for him to have a good stretch at some point.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Awful game but Kane extended his streak so I'm not as mad as I would otherwise be.

And we get hockey tomorrow... hopefully a better effort.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
He looks fatigued if not outright injured. Its not the puck skills that are lacking its the strength and speed on his skates.

Id be tempted to sit him and let him recoup, but that would obliterate our center depth.

I actually wouldn't be opposed to sitting Toews for a few games. Move Teuvo to center and put Dano back in the lineup.

Panarin AA Kane
Dano Teuvo Hossa

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I actually wouldn't be opposed to sitting Toews for a few games. Move Teuvo to center and put Dano back in the lineup.

Panarin AA Kane
Dano Teuvo Hossa

You could, though I dont think you would find much success with that as your 1-2 down the middle.

Keith got a month to recoup thanks to his surgery. If we can realistically get Toews even a week or two of rest, then Im all for it.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I could be less concerned. But Im not overly concerned.

I would like him to skip the all-star game tho

I just don't think he cares that much about game 29 of the regular season. He will start to get better in the back half and then be ready for the playoffs just like history dictates.

Toews cares about cups and that is about it.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
You could, though I dont think you would find much success with that as your 1-2 down the middle.

Keith got a month to recoup thanks to his surgery. If we can realistically get Toews even a week or two of rest, then Im all for it.

They're not having success with Toews now. Better to rest him if something's not right.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Hawks play fairly solid the rest of the game and secure a 4-1 loss. Kane's streak ends tonight.

So close. Was wrong about the Kane streak.

Please keep posting every game that Kane's streak ends tonight!

edit: Okay sorry, I don't know who exactly it is, and maybe it's not you, but there is somebody who I always see post that Kane's streak is gonna end and it so far hasn't happened.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I couldn't be less concerned about #19.

Why? Outside of a couple of games, one line has been doing the scoring all season.

He's been invisible many nights and hasn't had a goal in how many games? No points in 7?

Remember, we are talking about the highest paid player in the NHL

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Bolded portion you are 100% wrong about but I agree with the rest.

I disagree. Darling had to make a lot of saves early on good a chances. Rinne had to make a lot of saves late on great chances. He did.

The goals Darling let in - particularly the third and 4th - would have been huge criticism points in a closer game. The 4th goal should have been a save that almost every goalie makes many times each game.

I can only judge him by the ones that got past him and I stand by my claim. Of the 4 goals scored against, I would expect an NHL goalie to save at least 2 of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad