GDT: Game 29: Blackhawks (15-9-4) @ Predators (14-9-5) 12/10/15 7:00 pm CT CSNC,FSTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I just don't think he cares that much about game 29 of the regular season. He will start to get better in the back half and then be ready for the playoffs just like history dictates.

Toews cares about cups and that is about it.

That's a myth as I pointed out in a previous GDT. Posted 12/3:

That is absolutely inaccurate. Apparently it would surprise that Toews ppg for the 1st 26 games of the season for the past 4 seasons has exceeded his career ppg.

There never has been a "heating up" after this point of the season.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I disagree. Darling had to make a lot of saves early on good a chances. Rinne had to make a lot of saves late on great chances. He did.

The goals Darling let in - particularly the third and 4th - would have been huge criticism points in a closer game. The 4th goal should have been a save that almost every goalie makes many times each game.

I can only judge him by the ones that got past him and I stand by my claim. Of the 4 goals scored against, I would expect an NHL goalie to save at least 2 of them

Ridiculous.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'm not blaming Darling either. The whole team stinks and Darling has played better.

It's not up to just the goalie.

Like you said though... he's kind of flailing.

That third goal... all he's gotta do is stay put a square up.

This is exactly what I was getting at. Yeah, he made some great saves, but he looked really ugly on the goals he let in. He didn't look the same at all as he did last year.

I never once blamed him, just said it was some ugly goaltending in the back half of the 1st. (only saw 15mins of the 1st-went and played hockey)

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
When you do not care to show up and get do.i aged I the first period like tonight then the Fi al score was deserving to them...Nashville left foot off the gas and we showed better but the add on they got in the third were earned by them in the first..So our better try (except for Toews who stunk the entire game) in the 2nd and 3rd amounted to little...paid the penalty for the fail to show and take the game seriously at the start...The team all stunk I the first period..but in the 2nd and 3rd at least most 9f them took some pride and tried to justify their jobs...too late and amount ting too not much anyway..but at least many tried..on the other hand in an overall nit very laudible game for our team,2 guys stood out for tge worst stinkers of tge game award...Toews of course..who stunk the entire game and TVR who looked not like an NHL player ..his problem was not so much lack of effort but rather incompetence in how easily Nashville players made him look so bad handling the puck...he just looked slow, confused, mind in fog,and weak when forechecked and in puck battles...incompetent.....while Toews just was invisible and doing nothing ..So while both stunk more than all our other players ...Toews did not stand out I the stink..he is was stink of invisibility...TVR did stand out...s9omany shifts you noticed how badly he was s9 far off tge mark of an NHL level D-man. ..his was a visible awful stink.

ANYWAY our team is not good enough that we can afford both the stink of omission and the stink of comission...Their is however a big difference I their pay scales..So in that regard Toews doing nothing out there for so many games ...is unacceptable...and ghe bet writers Still pretend nothing g is wrong with him...well..his mind ,his heart,and nd his alkeged talent are MIA ....and did you cannot hide the issue anymore.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I really think they do need to sit Toews, if nothing more than to wake him the **** up.
I wish tomorrow's game was IN Winnipeg. Sit his ass in the press box in his hometown.
Yeah, we probably lose the game. But if he actually pulls his head out of his ass, we will win a lot more than we lose down the stretch

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Chicago Blackhawks ‏@NHLBlackhawks 2m2 minutes ago
Coach Q's blunt assessment of the 1st: "That's as ugly as I've ever seen us play."

you dont say?????

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Ridiculous.

You'd be happy with Darling or Crawford routinely letting in goals like 3 and 4?

The Hawks lost for many reasons tonite. The fact that Rinne made a number of fantastic saves only let in one greasy one is not exclusive of that. Darling let in a couple of goals that should have been saves. That's also not exclusive of the larger picture

CPHawksFan

That's Hockey Baby!!
Jun 17, 2011
Crown Point, IN
I guarantee that the Preds never played like they did tonight during their 3 wins/11 games streak...not to say that the Hawks didn't play like **** tonight...but still

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Toews has 16 points through 28 games. 8 goals. Remember 2 of those were in 3/3

Think about that. He has 6 goals in regular time play through 1/3 of the season

He's on pace for the lowest point total of his career eek

Look at Getzlaf. 18 points but only 1 goal. Dude is on pace for 3 goals. Ouch

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You'd be happy with Darling or Crawford routinely letting in goals like 3 and 4?

The Hawks lost for many reasons tonite. The fact that Rinne made a number of fantastic saves only let in one greasy one is not exclusive of that. Darling let in a couple of goals that should have been saves. That's also not exclusive of the larger picture

We lost because our forwards and D did not show up and we were out worked. Darling kept us in the game.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
It is 3 softies? He did not let in a soft goal. Both Neal goals were savable but not soft.

With that I agree. I wouldn't call them softies. The 2 five whole shots are routine saves that goalies make every night. No top shelf. No elevation. No forehand backhand. No deek. No screener.

So yes, not softies, but saves that should have been made.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
We lost because our forwards and D did not show up and we were out worked. Darling kept us in the game.

I see it differently. He made good saves. He also missed a couple of easily makeable saves.

The forwards were strong for most of the second and third. Rinne kept his team in the game with a number of great saves.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I really think they do need to sit Toews, if nothing more than to wake him the **** up.
I wish tomorrow's game was IN Winnipeg. Sit his ass in the press box in his hometown.
Yeah, we probably lose the game. But if he actually pulls his head out of his ass, we will win a lot more than we lose down the stretch

that is not gonna happen with Toews....

I really do think that Q needs to bust up the P-Arty line in order to get some spark and balance....I don't think its reasonable to maintain status Quo....

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008

Agreed, without that 1st period by him it was over. Turned out be over anyway but he gave the boys a chance.

Last night good: AA, Shaw and Darling

Bad: 5, 32 and 19

The rest : Meh again.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL

Haha, I can't even right now.

The guy is struggling heavily, but sitting him sends the wrong message.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
With that I agree. I wouldn't call them softies. The 2 five whole shots are routine saves that goalies make every night. No top shelf. No elevation. No forehand backhand. No deek. No screener.

So yes, not softies, but saves that should have been made.

Yeah, that should have been an easy shutout for Hawks. Preds only had 10 blatant scoring chances in the first period alone and 5 or 6 of them were one-on-one with Darling. Darling also needs to score more. There's no excuse that he has 0 goals this season.

-------------------
Obviously Hawks are going to lose their share of games over a season. It is the way they lose that bugs me. The entire hockey world knew that Preds would come out hard and Hawks just laid down and took it in the butt. Disgusting how hard working teams have dominated Chicago in this young season.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Yeah, that should have been an easy shutout for Hawks. Preds only had 10 blatant scoring chances in the first period alone and 5 or 6 of them were one-on-one with Darling. Darling also needs to score more. There's no excuse that he has 0 goals this season.

-------------------
Obviously Hawks are going to lose their share of games over a season. It is the way they lose that bugs me. The entire hockey world knew that Preds would come out hard and Hawks just laid down and took it in the butt. Disgusting how hard working teams have dominated Chicago in this young season.

Exactly, EVERYONE is just too comfy. Is nobody's job on the line? Nobody!?

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Agreed, without that 1st period by him it was over. Turned out be over anyway but he gave the boys a chance.

Last night good: AA, Shaw and Darling

Bad: 5, 32 and 19

The rest : Meh again.

I thought 7 was bad as well.

You are ignoring the most obvious - 86. As much as he turned it on the last couple of games, he was downright AWFUL last night. So much so that he missed many shifts in the 3rd.

You know it's a funky night when Andrew Shaw is your best player.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015

-------------------

What does the first sentence have to do with anything?

Yes, he made some nice saves and bailed out his team in the first. Lots of goalies do that.

But each save isn't mutually exclusive from the other.

Regardless of whether he made a number of nice saves in the first, it still doesn't deny the fact that at least two of the goals he let in (particularly the 3rd and 4th) should have been saves.

If a guy makes 30 great saves, but lets in one softie, he still let in a softie.

As much as the Hawks got peppered with chances in the first, they did equal to Rinne in the 2nd and 3rd. Rinne made the saves.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
We all worried that Panarin was injured or had equipment issues, turns out it was his first benching by Q. Not sure why he specifically was singled out but I suppose you can't bench the entire team. Welcome to Q land kiddo!

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
That game sucked ... way too many of those clinkers this year

Lets compare .........

2014-15: 20-8-1
2015-16: 15-10-4

on pace for 96 points this year

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
What does the first sentence have to do with anything?

Yes, he made some nice saves and bailed out his team in the first. Lots of goalies do that.

But each save isn't mutually exclusive from the other.

Regardless of whether he made a number of nice saves in the first, it still doesn't deny the fact that at least two of the goals he let in (particularly the 3rd and 4th) should have been saves.

If a guy makes 30 great saves, but lets in one softie, he still let in a softie.

As much as the Hawks got peppered with chances in the first, they did equal to Rinne in the 2nd and 3rd. Rinne made the saves.

When a goalie is left alone repeatedly often facing James Neal one-on-one, it isn't good. When a team has the number of scoring chances from point blank range that Preds had, something has to give. It's a good thing they laid back after taking the 3 - 0 lead. Yes it would have been nice if Darling could have stoned Neal but I got the impression that they could have turned on the offense any time they felt the need. Credit goes to Rinne who made some fine saves in the third period but there was no constant onslaught that we saw from Preds in the first. Hawks got their ass kicked.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Interesting double standard here

Craw stands on his head and gives up a softie = Awful game ,, You simply cant allow that goal

Darling makes some big saves but allows a few questionable goals = You cant pin this on him ,, Yes he allowed some bad goals but he made some great saves

Darling has been shaky all year and has yet to play up to ability he showed last year

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Both goalies have had some shaky games this season but overall they haven't been the problem, the 18 guys in front of them are the issue most nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad