GDT: Game 29: Blackhawks (15-9-4) @ Predators (14-9-5) 12/10/15 7:00 pm CT CSNC,FSTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois

syXboz0.jpg

nqDhxBw.png

Jy7OBP8.jpg

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
Lets Go Hawks

Grab that extra 2 points vs these hicks with sticks

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Continuing from the Pre game thread:

Bobby: Trust me, I know they were stupidly outplayed. I just want to not dwell on that and enjoy a pretty lopsided win (scoreboard-wise).
I get angry enough about losses, I will be happy about a goalie win :)

I think if the D tightens up and doesn't leave Scotty out to dry, he will do fine tonight. He had success against these guys in the POs so hopefully that gives his confidence a boost.

Let Corey handle the obnoxious Jets tomorrow.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Continuing from the Pre game thread:

Bobby: Trust me, I know they were stupidly outplayed. I just want to not dwell on that and enjoy a pretty lopsided win (scoreboard-wise).
I get angry enough about losses, I will be happy about a goalie win :)

I think if the D tightens up and doesn't leave Scotty out to dry, he will do fine tonight. He had success against these guys in the POs so hopefully that gives his confidence a boost.

Let Corey handle the obnoxious Jets tomorrow.

Yep. Me too.... just can't bury head in sand was the point I was trying to make.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 17m17 minutes ago
#Blackhawks lines:
Teravainen-Toews-Hossa
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Bickell-Rasmussen-Shaw
Desjardins-Kruger-Garbutt

Adam Vingan ‏@AdamVingan 1h1 hour ago
Predators AM lines vs. CHI:
Forsberg-Jarnkrok-Neal
Arvidsson-Ribeiro-Smith
Hodgson-Sissons-Watson
Nystrom-Gaustad-Salomaki

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Trevor Daley out on the ice for Blackhawks morning skate in Nashville.

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 15m15 minutes ago
Rundblad in the room early. I'm guessing Daley's still out tonight.

DOH! It's probably a good thing for Daley. That was a nasty stinger.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Our d-corps and 5 of our top six forwards (TT did show up.last game) have got to play better and on mission tonight..Toews stunk last game...hope Q gave him a kick in the but. ..2nd line cannot get glory for just an en goal..they were not very good both ways last game..D-corps has got to hustle and battle better on loose pucks and in protecting the net...Cannot expect C to steal it again..The encouraging signs though are that the 4th line has looked good in their energy and get o-zone time role for 2 games now..They finally look "normal" and reliable because they are all working hard and interested..The 3rd line looks the best it has been in a long time...Shaw finally looks back to normal ...that is feisty and engaging in the tough areas with d-men and looks dangerous again as a threat to chip in some goals...Bickell HD 1 good game then a meh game since back but still he brings a big body presence and is underrated as a passers-by to get pucks to a Shaw that is more engaged in tge game now...Rasmussen may provide stability as tge 3C with a big body that we lacked..He just needs to play a simple game in 2 -way hockey..go to tge net area for tip is. ..finish his checks...and use the size to lean 9n guys to push them off pucks..I do not expect at of creative play from him but just be solid in tge d-zone checking and when Shaw or Bickell get the puck on the wing boards. ..just go to the net...Maybe tge pucks get back to a D-man and a point shot could be deflected in...or maybe Shaw will try taking it to tge net and rebound chances will come. .The 3rd line need not be artistic..just be engaged in tge game...keep it simple..chip in..So if we at least have better performance e of the bottom six group that is one issue solved..Line 2 will get points given their talent but they can be off some games like last game so I hope we get more work effort again...Line #1 is a mystery...We have seen TT play a lot more condiment lyrics last 2 games..but it is still a mixed bag for Toews and Hossa...The latter is a least trying ...it is just that his shot no longer beats goalies as declining g shooting % has manifested over last rseasonand even worse so far this season off his career average.. He may still generate some scoring chances but it is now more a surprise if he scores than count g on him to score...As for Toews..where is the A game...the effort even? This is game 29 ...Maybe he has so far played 2 A fames. ..that is being generous..Add in maybe 3 B games..that took is generous..But tge rest of his games are all C D and F level...so far..hardly worthy of a $10.5 million player and keyed "leader" and "top line" C..So while some see this "top line" as finally coming around

( as TT looks like the LW solution the last 2 games) the facts are that I tge last 6 games Toews has just 1a...means 5 /6 games Zero points ! That is not coming around. Hossa has 2g and 1 a in these last 6 games but in 4/6 Zero points..Again that us a Fail for a top line. player..The hope us that now that TT is back on the line and produced last 2 games that this will help the entire line score more..Maybe..But if Toews individual game still lags from normal and if Hossa's shot cannot beat a goalie issues persist then TT will have to do a lot of the scoring performance himself..So who is the important cog? OR is it a case of tge tail mist wag the dog with TT inspiring Toews and Hossa to contribute more rather than the old reliable vets inspiring g the kid to do more?Hopefully tge entire line contributes more ot just 1/3 of it.

abt424

Apr 4, 2012
Austin
Hawks arrow pointing up, Preds pointing down. However/whoever, let's keep it that way.

Eh, the Preds outplayed the Hawks by a wide margin Tuesday. If it happens again, on the road with the backup goalie ... well ... let's just hope it doesn't :)

Man Reay

Peanut Gallery
Oct 1, 2013
Big Chicago
Eh, the Preds outplayed the Hawks by a wide margin Tuesday. If it happens again, on the road with the backup goalie ... well ... let's just hope it doesn't :)

Agreed, but...I'll take the poorly-played wins, the hard-fought wins, the blowout wins (they still exist, don't they?), what have you, especially during this extended "sorting out period" for the 2015-2016 team.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
An interesting decision, starting Darling tonight after Crawford stoned Preds on Tuesday. I think most folks would have expected CC to go again tonight. There's probably more than one reason for this decision in Q's mind. Such as:

1/ it is Q's way of testing Darling. There will be some added pressure on Scotty, to see how he performs after CC's success against the same team.

2/ CC has played a lot of hockey and is due for one of his letdown games. That extra day off will be good for him .. and allow him to re-focus on another team after his best outing of the season.

3/ Defensively, the Hawks played lousy for most of Tuesday. Hopefully they'll be better with Darling in there. They'll have to be or Darling could get shelled tonight.

4/ Perhaps in the depths of Q's mind he doesn't expect a win tonight. Preds got burned on Tuesday and they will be more desperate to get points on home ice tonight (to stop their slide in the standings). Q saves Crawford for the game he expects to win, tomorrow vs Jets.

Just my 2 cents on the Q psychology. It could be way off.

Almost forgot this one: Darling stoned Preds last year in the PO's and turned the series around. A repeat of this type of performance may be necessary

Tracey Myers ‏@TramyersCSN 2h2 hours ago
Darling starting tonight was original plan. Q thought about changing it based on Crawford's game the other night but won't.

Considering the above tweet from Myers, I suppose I can eliminate original theory #4, since the goaltender schedule was pre-planned. I imagine Scott's performance in last year's PO, plus CC's hectic schedule were the biggest factors.

Last game showed me some hints that we have 4 functional lines. I liked Raz on the 3rd line..... but .... If it was offered I'd take a single point right now, and run.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Tracey Myers ‏@TramyersCSN 2h2 hours ago
Darling starting tonight was original plan. Q thought about changing it based on Crawford's game the other night but won't.

Considering the above tweet from Myers, I suppose I can eliminate original theory #4, since the goaltender schedule was pre-planned. I imagine Scott's performance in last year's PO, plus CC's hectic schedule were the biggest factors.

Last game showed me some hints that we have 4 functional lines. I liked Raz on the 3rd line..... but .... If it was offered I'd take a single point right now, and run.

First time this season Darling is starting a game other then the second of a back to back. He obviously has confidence against the Preds.

I get the feeling this will be a very difficult game. If its possible to get severely outplayed and win 4-1 we did it on Tuesday. We have been very underwhelming the last few road games. If we don't bring our best game I can see us not being ready to play and falling behind early. Need a great game from Darling. The dominating second line has looked less then stellar lately, stuck in our own end quite a few shifts. Everyone needs to be ready from puck drop.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Here's hoping the Hawks win, TT keeps up his top 6-worthy play, the 3rd line keeps building chemistry, Rundblad plays well enough he convinces Q it's safe to rest Rozy sometimes after Daley comes back, and Kane extends his point streak on the first shift. Not too much to ask?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Id be happy with a point and Kaner extends his streak.

Heres hoping Runblad has a four point night :)

Venthon

Nov 11, 2014
Here's hoping the Hawks win, TT keeps up his top 6-worthy play, the 3rd line keeps building chemistry, Rundblad plays well enough he convinces Q it's safe to rest Rozy sometimes after Daley comes back, and Kane extends his point streak on the first shift. Not too much to ask?

Sounds like you and me are on the same page, HGF.

Go Hawks!

HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg
Darling owns the Predators.
My boy Shaw is back on the bright side.
TT has regained his form.

Should be a walk in the park.

5-1 Hawks

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Hawks had better get going, game barely started and Preds with the jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad