Post-Game Talk: GAME 29 - BAH HUMBUG - NYR 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
I keep seeing this about prior history. Lindgren has the puck, he’s eligible to be hit.

I guess he should have given him a Trouba two hand to the head and just paid a small fine.
That was a penalty, there is really no defending it IMO Even Jack said 5 right off the bat and he's the biggest homer ever,,Brickley too. ... Pasta took a run at him, and I didn't mind it at all.

That's what Pasta boarded him for

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Let's get serious - trade Ullmark, DeBrusk and Grizz for around 12 million $ (?) worth of FORWARDS.

Fix the gap at center and overall goals.

Our goaltending and defense will still be good when healthy.
I would extend both Ullmark and Swayman this summer...ride this combo for another half decade

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
That was a penalty, there is really no defending it IMO Even Jack said 5 right off the bat and he's the biggest homer ever,,Brickley too. ... Pasta took a run at him, and I didn't mind it at all.

That's what Pasta boarded him for

Not arguing it’s not a penalty, it clearly is. I think he was trying to go shoulder to shoulder and rub him out hard. The notion that it’s something bigger is my issue, because it was intentional or he was targeting him. Lindgren has the puck and Pasta is forechecking. Should Pasta not lay the body because they have “history”?

I watched the same 3 or 4 Panthers pound the piss out of they Bruins last spring, it was absolutely intentional and it’s 100% how hockey works.

The only possible solution, is actually something that could possibly make the viewing experience worse.

Allow coaches to challenge penalty calls up to 2x in a game and have them reviewed remotely. Furthermore, if the coach is right and the referee is wrong, they don’t lose the challenge. Coaches can also challenge plays that were not initially called a penalty.

Serves two purposes. First, they (hopefully) get the call right.

Second they get legitimate data regarding who the quality officials are and who aren’t.

Might bog down some games, but TBH, I can live with 3 hour games if they start getting officiated at even a B+ level.
I like that idea, sounds good!!!

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Not arguing it’s not a penalty, it clearly is. I think he was trying to go shoulder to shoulder and rub him out hard. The notion that it’s something bigger is my issue, because it was intentional or he was targeting him. Lindgren has the puck and Pasta is forechecking. Should Pasta not lay the body because they have “history”?

I watched the same 3 or 4 Panthers pound the piss out of they Bruins last spring, it was absolutely intentional and it’s 100% how hockey works.
There is no doubt Pasta saw who it was and went at him with malice. How many hits like that has he ever done? I want Pasta to lay the body. I don't even mind he boarded him to be honest. Players have guys they don't like and to me it's clear as day he was doing more than forechecking there.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
There is no doubt Pasta saw who it was and went at him with malice. How many hits like that has he ever done? I want Pasta to lay the body. I don't even mind he boarded him to be honest. Players have guys they don't like and to me it's clear as day he was doing more than forechecking there.

It’s big boy hockey, you want to run guys, you might want a be ready when you’re on the ice with them. Lindgren wasn’t exactly looking like a guy who was about to get hit .

Taking a number has been around forever. Happens all the time.

I guess he should have two handed him in the head after the whistle like Trouba, he could afford the fine.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
It’s big boy hockey, you want to run guys, you might want a be ready when you’re on the ice with them. Lindgren wasn’t exactly looking like a guy who was about to get hit .

I guess he should have two handed him in the head after the whistle like Trouba, he could afford the fine.
We are still stuck on the Trouba thing?

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

sadly , "big boy" hockey isn`t the way the game is played now. Sure there are a few guys willing to drop the mitts or play with some nasty but the overwhelming majority of those playing now would be racing to get off the ice to avoid having to face real "big boy" players

Reactions: Gordoff

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

Good points for sure. It is obvious as day that Pasta wanted to go shoulder to shoulder and avoid boarding him. If he wanted pure retribution via boarding he could have straight gone for the numbers and used his stick to hurt him big time. Hockey is fast paced. Pasta misjudged what Lindgren was going to do and it resulted in something that Pasta didn't intend.

Like I said in a previous post, you can tell that Pasta is inexperienced at making big hits. He has been very recently making them at a rate he's never tried before. Most have looked a bit on the awkward side. Not sure if he is trying to become Ovi 2.0, but in the long run he is going to be putting an even bigger X on his back.

@Ladyfan has pointed out in GDTs numerous times that Pasta and Brad take a ton of abuse that we don't always see on TV. It's maddening that Brad and Pasta are at the point that they are left to taking up for themselves since nobody else on the team can be bothered to let their balls drop and send messages to players who are bullying the Bs skill players. Obviously happy that the team is having another great regular season. Not too happy thinking about how the softness of this team will do in the playoffs.

SonnyBoy

Jan 25, 2022
I think this is it with Lindholm. I keep hoping he will better, get to last years level again and worth the contract but he is playing only decent D and his offense is completely gone.
It was idiotic to give an 8 year contract to just OKish player before he has played on your team even one match. He's hockey IQ is so bad, that it is keeping him coming good/great player. He has all the tools though. Mistake after mistake. New toy syndrome first half of the last season and then truth came out.
Montgomery has seemingly lost faith in the fourth-liners. They start the game, commit a questionable icing, get hemmed in, and play sparingly. The long term ramifications of top players logging lots of minutes is usually not good. I don't know what putting Brown in for Lauko then barely playing him, achieved.

The league is wildly inconsistent, but if a similar hit to Pastrnak's was made on a Bruin, I'd expect the same result.

The B's are absolutely not built for 3-on-3; that was ugly.
What reason there is even calling Brown to Boston if he's playing time is 5:08 (even with 11 forwards). Bring fricking Abate and hopefully he can tackle someone when he gets those seven shifts.
Call Merkulov and play him only in powerplay for that 5 minutes :cool:. Those Brown etc. are so useless.

Reactions: KWbruin

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think this is it with Lindholm. I keep hoping he will better, get to last years level again and worth the contract but he is playing only decent D and his offense is completely gone.

I mean he has been a 20-30 point defensman his whole career aside from last year.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Yeah because he has a long history of taking boarding majors....just happens to be the guy last year that flattened him with a clean hit, and he responded by blindsiding him then too.

They did play earlier this season, if Pasta was so he’ll bent on revenge - why not do something that game?

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Actually got to go to the game last night, it was a pretty good game. Didn’t feel like they got pushed around or outplayed By another healthy top team. A couple tough calls against them in the third period and the continual problem of not being able to clear the puck cost them.

Thought the Pasta hit deserved the five, but no suspensions IMO.
Lindgren was all over Pasta a few times and I think they have history, so no problem with it.
Thought Freddy played great, and glad to see him throw down, he’s gotta be the heavy now that Looch is done. And I think he plays better when he embraces that side of his game anyway.
My friend had tickets in the suites, which I never got to do before. Even saw Tuukka upstairs, which was wild to me.

Edit, also Milbury and Wensink entrances were legendary.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
On the T.

I hate to complain about the refs but....

Some players are not contributing.

Changes need to be made
I like Zacha and I like Coyle.
Both however are not 1st line centers.
I see little in the way of chemistry between March and and Coyle.
Last year we consistently out shot opponents, not so this year. Slow starts to games are becoming all too common.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Yeah because he has a long history of taking boarding majors....just happens to be the guy last year that flattened him with a clean hit, and he responded by blindsiding him then too.

Agree with all your posts on this subject. Clear as day Pasta had his sights set all game on playing a way he normally doesn’t 90% of the time.

He was getting Lindgren back for something. I don’t want to believe he purposely boarded him, but he wasn’t afraid to make what he thought was going to be a grey area green light hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad