Pre-Game Talk: GAME 29 7:14 PM - HOGTOWN RETURNS - NESN, CBC, SN (4K), WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
If we can sniff out a wildcard spot and get bergy back anything is possible. That's what im hoping for . I bet Donny too. If that scenario happens and rick Nash joins we can make a run.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Correct however im one to believe that they never went out of their way to get Tav..and as you know they didnt get him.
The bruins are aging DK and Berg will start going down.. Its just a reality.
Imo they need a real good rwinger preferably with a right hand shot ... They need a whole new third line that csn also score and then they can put who they want on the 4th line.
The drop from the second line to our third line is like a drop from Nhl to AHL
Yeah they put to much faith in some young players that have gone backwards in their play,agree about DK and Bergy,I see nothing in their system replacing them and that’s pretty scary,I think the Bruins window of opportunity is in the next couple of seasons,not everyone is a Chara and still playing at 41.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
There are a lot of things that shouldn't happen but do :dunno: It got worse losing defensemen that can make good plays to help the offense (McAvoy, Carlo, even Chara still at times). I still believe in our young players getting on track. It might not be enough to save the season, or it might be. Team is over .500 still even with the injuries and tough starts for the young forwards and yet people are talking about tearing it all down. By the way, I don't disagree that we need a 3c and probably a top 6 wing but this isn't the 74-75 Capitals.
I think that was mostly if rumours of Bergy were true.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Yeah, I didn't mean you specifically saying the tear down, but it has been getting mentioned and even before the rumor that season-ending surgery might be Bergeron's fate.
I have said for a couple of seasons a top six forward and a legitimate third line centre they can contend,now if Bergy was to be out for season,I’m not in the teardown mode ,but they would definitely be done for making playoffs or for sure going anywhere if they did.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

Divver is usually money on this stuff. This would make Fluto look like a dope (but it doesn't take much) but can't say I'm thrilled. Bjork/Donato both clearly showed they need AHL time and I don't think short stints down there help. Unless, of course, someone wants to scout Bjork again at the NHL level?

You’re right, Divver is usually spot on. Not this time, though. Bjork is coming back to Boston to have an upper body injury examined, not to play, unfortunately.

Update: He has since updated his tweet to account for the change.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Gonna miss this one but I`ve set up the Beta Max. The way the boys are playing, should be 6-2 Leafs, my gut tells me, wait for it, the B`s will play well today and pop 4 goals, take er` 4-3

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
This x 1,000,000. Yes, his absence really hurts the first line but that shouldn't mean the other three lines collapse as well, unless your roster is **** to begin with.
It definitely has that’s for sure,but he was out last year with the foot injury I don’t remember there offence totally disappearing,were Reilly Smith and I can’t even remember the name of the other guy on the forth line who left that important.Even DK and Debrusk have disappeared.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Gonna miss this one but I`ve set up the Beta Max. The way the boys are playing, should be 6-2 Leafs, my gut tells me, wait for it, the B`s will play well today and pop 4 goals, take er` 4-3

o_O Nice one . . .

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Anyone else roll over this morning, check the schedule and grumble, “ugh do we HAVE to?”

No? Just me?

Preparing for a beating.

I woke up and grumbled "ugh do we HAVE to" but for a much different reason, the restaurant I work at has Breakfast with Santa this morning.....

Reactions: rfournier103

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Lol on the BetaMax. I had one for a long time and thought selecting that over VHS was the way to go. Now those recording devices seem like the ice age.

Reactions: Fenway

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
You’re right, Divver is usually spot on. Not this time, though. Bjork is coming back to Boston to have an upper body injury examined, not to play, unfortunately.

Update: He has since updated his tweet to account for the change.

Yeah, I saw that secondary tweet.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
It definitely has that’s for sure,but he was out last year with the foot injury I don’t remember there offence totally disappearing,were Reilly Smith and I can’t even remember the name of the other guy on the forth line who left that important.Even DK and Debrusk have disappeared.

Tim Schaller.

I know the Bruins didn't want to pay either one of them but this may be turning out to be a case of penny wise/pound foolish, something I thought the Bruins had finally stopped doing. Yes I know Smith & Schaller haven't done much for their new teams but in Boston they were definitely productive and IMO would have been worth keeping, given that the Bruins use all four lines in their system.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
The Bruins generally tend to have the Leafs number and although there is nothing to suggest that the Bruins should win tonight, I just have a feeling they will. 4-2 Bruins.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Tim Schaller.

I know the Bruins didn't want to pay either one of them but this may be turning out to be a case of penny wise/pound foolish, something I thought the Bruins had finally stopped doing. Yes I know Smith & Schaller haven't done much for their new teams but in Boston they were definitely productive and IMO would have been worth keeping, given that the Bruins use all four lines in their system.
Sweeney put his faith in the kids and Nordstrom to take up the Schaller and, I believe you meant Nash, slots on the roster. Hasn’t worked out so far, anyway, though Nordy looks to fill one of those guys positions.

Anyway, Drop the ****puck, already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad