Pre-Game Talk: GAME 29 7:14 PM - HOGTOWN RETURNS - NESN, CBC, SN (4K), WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
For whatever reason, they seem to have Toronto’s number over the course of the last few seasons so a win wouldn’t surprise me.

As a fan, I’m wondering if wins are what’s best for this organization right now so it puts me into an awkward position.

But as for this game and this season, Montreal just passed you although you have a game in hand. Pittsburgh is still on the outside looking in, but they’re too good and have too much talent to DNQ.

Bruins could be without a chair to sit in at the dance sooner rather than later.
Such a horrible mentality.

You can root for them to lose while the rest of us cheer for a victory.

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
For whatever reason, they seem to have Toronto’s number over the course of the last few seasons so a win wouldn’t surprise me.

As a fan, I’m wondering if wins are what’s best for this organization right now so it puts me into an awkward position.

But as for this game and this season, Montreal just passed you although you have a game in hand. Pittsburgh is still on the outside looking in, but they’re too good and have too much talent to DNQ.

Bruins could be without a chair to sit in at the dance sooner rather than later.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Well here it is - practice lines

Marchand - Krejci - Pastrnak
Heinen - Cave - Backes
Donato - JFK - Nordstrom
Smith - Kuraly - Wagner

Krug - Carlo
Grzelcyk - McAvoy
Moore - Kampfer

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Cat-hiding-under-table-96309312-335-lc082912.jpg

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bruins need to do 2 things tonite.Play the way they did vs Toronto and Tampa last time and HIT MARNER SOLID ALOT.

how? the guy is so hard to catch up to

if you try to hit him along the boards you may look like a fool or he does this go on , one knee avoidance

only way is if someone grabs his arm and another player rams into him (double team)

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Tim Schaller.

I know the Bruins didn't want to pay either one of them but this may be turning out to be a case of penny wise/pound foolish, something I thought the Bruins had finally stopped doing. Yes I know Smith & Schaller haven't done much for their new teams but in Boston they were definitely productive and IMO would have been worth keeping, given that the Bruins use all four lines in their system.
The thing about Smith,I thought he did have a good season for the Bruins and did step up and play on the first line when Bergy was out,but I also thought the Bruins needed to start developing a younger Center,DK and Bergy aren’t getting any younger,I think they hoped Spooner might be that guy but that didn’t,work so they do need to find some one else,so I get letting Smith go.

Reactions: FanSince72

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
how? the guy is so hard to catch up to

if you try to hit him along the boards you may look like a fool or he does this go on , one knee avoidance

only way is if someone grabs his arm and another player rams into him (double team)

He can be hit..Last time vs them Bruins give him way to much room.I am Bruins i circle him Matthews ,Tavares and Nylander and look to pop them every chance its there

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He can be hit..Last time vs them Bruins give him way to much room.

I know he can be, but its not easy

20 other teams would love to pound him to slow him down in the game

but he is as slippery as they come

anyways I agree, need to slow him down. HE has been a Bruins killer since last season

Reactions: 22Brad Park

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

Where did I say that I’m rooting for them to lose?

I stated that I feel conflicted because, as a fan you root for your team to win, but as a fan that wants to win in a big way I wonder if treading water this season is what’s best for them to reach the ultimate goal.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
What else can you do but laugh at this point?

We're in the first week of December, and they've played 28 games.

They've used 12 D, and are now on what...their 16th or 17th F?

Just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->