Pre-Game Talk: GAME 29 7:14 PM - HOGTOWN RETURNS - NESN, CBC, SN (4K), WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Where did I say that I’m rooting for them to lose?

I stated that I feel conflicted because, as a fan you root for your team to win, but as a fan that wants to win in a big way I wonder if treading water this season is what’s best for them to reach the ultimate goal.

being realistic is more like it. Being down 2 of our top 6 forwards right now is devastating when sitting in the 2nd wildcard. 3 of the 12 forwards are legit NHL talent tonight, but hey, let me put a futures bet on the Bruins right now!

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Tough one again tonite. Hope they can atleast get one and if possible 2 points tonite. Until PB, Chara and an upgrade upfront I hope they can maintain in the wild card spot or close to it.

At one point puzzle should glue together somewhere with our defense who is good and are exceptional keeper tandem.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Correct however im one to believe that they never went out of their way to get Tav..and as you know they didnt get him.
The bruins are aging DK and Berg will start going down.. Its just a reality.
Imo they need a real good rwinger preferably with a right hand shot ... They need a whole new third line that csn also score and then they can put who they want on the 4th line.
The drop from the second line to our third line is like a drop from Nhl to AHL
I agree, they need upgrade upfront and i would add they need more size.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Well here it is - practice lines

Marchand - Krejci - Pastrnak
Heinen - Cave - Backes
Donato - JFK - Nordstrom
Smith - Kuraly - Wagner

Krug - Carlo
Grzelcyk - McAvoy
Moore - Kampfer
With Jake out those lines are about as good as can be done to start the game off. Man, that second line sure is an awful line on paper for a team that is trying to stay in the playoff race. That second line would be a trash third line for a good number of NHL teams. The third line at least has the potential to score, but wow is that an ever iffy line when it comes to defense and neutral zone play other than Nordstrom. This is a great chance for JFK to elevate his intensity. Thank goodness Acciari is out. 'Bout damn time! Will be interested to see if Smith tries to make a splash tonight. Not expecting much out of him other than high energy play, but really pulling for him to come in make the fourth line a little more effective.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
With Jake out those lines are about as good as can be done to start the game off. Man, that second line sure is an awful line on paper for a team that is trying to stay in the playoff race. That second line would be a trash third line for a good number of NHL teams. The third line at least has the potential to score, but wow is that an ever iffy line when it comes to defense and neutral zone play other than Nordstrom. This is a great chance for JFK to elevate his intensity. Thank goodness Acciari is out. 'Bout damn time! Will be interested to see if Smith tries to make a splash tonight. Not expecting much out of him other than high energy play, but really pulling for him to come in make the fourth line a little more effective.
Let’s be honest some teams forth line is better

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

Boston Bruins new team bus....

upload_2018-12-8_11-1-40.jpeg

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Jake is out, well better he rests and gets the concussion out of the way. His style is not good if he has that, he ducks down by the boards and becomes a target too often. I get he is one of the guys that gives 100% but kid you gotta pick your spots if you wanna have a long healthy career. Love his effort but I wanna see him play 10 yrs plus for us. Excited about Smith, he could be a Tootoo kind of a player, speedy small guy that fights and has decent hands. Smith over Acciari on paper already sounds better.

Reactions: BMC

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
This has to be the weakest forward group that the B's have ever iced in a game.....literally a first line and THREE fourth lines.

Yeah, it's a gruesome sight to see for sure. I do think there is a solid third line in there somewhere, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->