GDT: Game #28: Coyotes @ Penguins - 5:00pm (AZ) - Scripps

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Little concerning that this team is only good at home. Is the roster good, or is it just how weird it is to play in our arena? I'm sure I'm overreacting because the center injuries have been killer but it's a little strange that two years in row now we struggle this much on the road

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Little concerning that this team is only good at home. Is the roster good, or is it just how weird it is to play in our arena? I'm sure I'm overreacting because the center injuries have been killer but it's a little strange that two years in row now we struggle this much on the road
1702489823616.png

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
That winning streak seems to have given a lot of us a false impression that the team is better than it really is.

amusement-park-scene-with-roller-coaster-free-vector.jpg

Last edited:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Team D and goal tending was much better at home, it has been bad on the road, that is part of it. The other part is us being down 2 centers is a hole we can't cover on D. I think teams are getting their systems in place so they make less mistakes and play a tighter game 20+ game into the season. After a 5 game win streak we aren't sneaking up an anyone now, they aren't taken the night off against us, its the opposite.

The good news is that we have some correctable mistakes on D, and with some of the turnovers, our coach of the year candidate can remedy. Let's see bear fix this and see if we can manage the puck better next few games, play better D, etc...

IronFinn

Apr 21, 2022
Scottsdale
First one I'd heard announced. Could have missed the others.
I distinctly recall one where Dumba skated to the gate, and just stopped there for some unknown reason, and the puck deflected off his skate after his replacement was already working his way into the play. Can’t remember who that was against.

Anyway, we are doing much better than last year in this regard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad