GDT: Game 28 - CBJ vs NYR - 5 Dec, 7pm, @Nat

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Emotion works in spurts.... That goal with 8 seconds remaining was inexcusable... Poor team discipline.. Poor coaching...

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Jackets shooting % that period = 5.6%. Rangers = 16.7%

This period exemplified jackets hockey as of late. Jackets dominate most of period but somehow manage to wind up tied. If trend continues they will lose in a manner that will leave everyone shaking their head.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY

This period exemplified jackets hockey as of late. Jackets dominate most of period but somehow manage to wind up tied. If trend continues they will lose in a manner that will leave everyone shaking their head.
Agree.... the team is short on talent, emotion works for spurts but in the end better teams will beat them... One variable and I'm not a coach.... I would hope Torts could coach for a change and take advantage of last change....

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I missed the goal against because my mother was busy telling me that she's got colon cancer. (Dad's been battling it for a few months now - doing really well, thankfully).

She and I both have annual checkups so this is an early catch, so things will probably be okay, but y'all'l have to pardon me if I seem a tad shellshocked.

All I need now is an abusive boyfriend to complete the transformation of my life into a Lifetime Original Movie.

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
I missed the goal against because my mother was busy telling me that she's got colon cancer. (Dad's been battling it for a few months now - doing really well, thankfully).

She and I both have annual checkups so this is an early catch, so things will probably be okay, but y'all'l have to pardon me if I seem a tad shellshocked.

All I need now is an abusive boyfriend to complete the transformation of my life into a Lifetime Original Movie.

Sorry to hear that. Best wishes to all. Been there with both parents and I had my go round with it already. Keep positive!!!

Reactions: Viqsi

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

yep.. and currently last in the league in shooting %

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY

OT: So sorry to hear that Viqsi… we go back many miles here.... God speed with your Moms cancer.. I have a medical background, check out immuno therapy… Avoid radiation if possible..

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015

Sorry to hear. That is always tough news to get. The appointments and the wait for more details can be excruciating. But like you said, if caught early, the prognosis is generally very good. I hope that this is the case for your mother.

My dad has had colon cancer twice, and it runs on his side of the family. He most recently found out in April that he had duodenal cancer. He is a few treatments away from being done with chemotherapy and I know it has been very hard on him and my mother.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

Wishing nothing but good things for both of them....and you, too

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
yep.. and currently last in the league in shooting %
srsly, it's absurd. If we miss the playoffs because of that, the Hockey Gods owe us a lottery win.

* * *​
Sorry to hear. That is always tough news to get. The appointments and the wait for more details can be excruciating. But like you said, if caught early, the prognosis is generally very good. I hope that this is the case for your mother.

My dad has had colon cancer twice, and it runs on his side of the family. He most recently found out in April that he had duodenal cancer. He is a few treatments away from being done with chemotherapy and I know it has been very hard on him and my mother.
Mom and I both have a similar family predisposition for same; it's why we get the annual checkups. So the checkups are working as intended. Again, should be okay. Probably. I hope. Maybe. Likely. Probably.
twitch.gif
:scared:

Reactions: CPTN71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad