GDT: Game 28 - CBJ vs NYR - 5 Dec, 7pm, @Nat

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Tonight is the first game in which one of this offseason's departures returns to Columbus. I'm sure it'll be handled maturely and reasonably.
disclaimer: that second sentence may be a pack of outrageous lies

Projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Gustav Nyquist - Boone Jenner - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Nick Foligno - Alexandre Texier - Cam Atkinson
Sonny Milano - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Emil Bemstrom
Riley Nash - Alexander Wennberg - Josh Anderson

Dean Kukan - Seth Jones
Ryan Murray - David Savard
Vladislav Gavrikov - Andrew Peeke

Joonas Korpisalo
Elvis Merzlikins

Scratches: Eric Robinson, Scott Harrington, Zach Werenski (injured)

Roster Report: Bemstrom is set to return to the lineup after one game out, with Robinson the odd man out during practice Wednesday. It also appears Peeke could make his NHL debut after the Gavrikov/Harrington pairing struggled at times vs. Arizona.

rangers.nhl.com doesn't have a preview article, but they did have an article featuring a certain ex-Jacket.

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Rangers' last game:

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
I could care less about Panarin....more worried about the CBJ and trying to salvage the season. However, if it gives the players extra motivation, good.

Reactions: thebus88

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
giphy.gif

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Boone Jenner - 1C....who woulda thunk it? Take a look at those lines. There is no way this team makes the playoffs. Yikes.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Hope Peeke gets to play. Would love to see him step right in and show he belongs.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
I expect a standing ovation during the tribute for the Bread Man.

the guy is pure class and did his job here better than anyone expected.

Remember that OT goal against the Caps in game 1..
I wonder if he gets a tribute? Was only here two years, and I sense there's still some bitterness within the organization.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018

CBJ is one Bread away from being a very different team, different franchise and more.

Yet he preferred to neglect the hospitality and to move to NYC and to play for a team that isnt going to be a contender for many years. Yes it was his freedom to leave yet its still selfish on many levels. Levels that many dont understand, regrettably so.

He doesnt deserve an ovation. He had to play well to get a better contract, so he did play well for CBJ. A guy without a heart deserves silence, as giving him an ovation is plain wrong.

Reactions: thebus88 and EspenK

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
If he'd have shirked his duties would be one thing. He didn't. Cheer him then root against him.

Another L upcoming though...

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Standing O? Rick Nash didn't get a standing O. He got cheered, mildly, but that was it.

(Nash also didn't acknolwedge the crowd with a hand wave after. A mistake as well.)

I expect boo's all night, with mild claps after the tribute.

Reactions: thebus88

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
CBJ is one Bread away from being a very different team, different franchise and more.

Yet he preferred to neglect the hospitality and to move to NYC and to play for a team that isnt going to be a contender for many years. Yes it was his freedom to leave yet its still selfish on many levels. Levels that many dont understand, regrettably so.

He doesnt deserve an ovation. He had to play well to get a better contract, so he did play well for CBJ. A guy without a heart deserves silence, as giving him an ovation is plain wrong.
What are you even talking about lol ?

He was traded here, so it’s not like he’s our draft pick or our raised player. He didn’t pull a Carter and fully worked the two years of his contract carrying the team to two good seasons.

He deserves an absolute standing ovation for being the greatest skilled player to ever wear a Jackets Jersey.

I’m in attendance tonight and will make sure to cheer for him

Reactions: BreadKick

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
He set organization records both years he was here, of course he deserves a tribute.

I don’t see what bitterness there could be - he was traded here and he never said he’d stay and re-sign.

No, not outright. But he did mention how he was "Excited" to negotiate with the Blue Jackets and how he loved being a Blue Jacket. Implying he wanted to stay. These comments were directly after the Washington series. In the article about his upbringing he jokes around with Portzline by asking him not to tell Jarmo how happy he was before they got to the negotiating table.

Panarin definitely teased the CBJ and the fans about wanting to stay. There is ZERO doubt about that. Duchene did as well, but Bob and Dzingel didn't.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
No, not outright. But he did mention how he was "Excited" to negotiate with the Blue Jackets and how he loved being a Blue Jacket. Implying he wanted to stay. These comments were directly after the Washington series.

Panarin definitely teased the CBJ and the fans about wanting to stay. There is ZERO doubt about that. Duchene did as well, but Bob and Dzingel didn't.
Well, unfortunately there was the girlfriend influence starting to grow after. The second year he never teased us, but he was pretty straight about leaving.

The fact is he worked hard here and never disrespected the fans or organization.

As others said , he deserves a welcome back ovation, then he’s against us

Reactions: BreadKick

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I hate that Bread left. But I have no ill will, only sadness. While I’ll be watching from home, I know I’ll have a smile on my face when I see him.....at least until he scores. :nod:

Last edited:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Tonight is the first game in which one of this offseason's departures returns to Columbus. I'm sure it'll be handled maturely and reasonably.
disclaimer: that second sentence may be a pack of outrageous lies

Projected lineup per bluejackets.com:

rangers.nhl.com doesn't have a preview article, but they did have an article featuring a certain ex-Jacket.

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Rangers' last game:

Would prefer to see Robinson in, Wennberg out....I think his PK play keeps him in.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Well, unfortunately there was the girlfriend influence starting to grow after. The second year he never teased us, but he was pretty straight about leaving.

The fact is he worked hard here and never disrespected the fans or organization.

As others said , he deserves a welcome back ovation, then he’s against us

I agree he didn't tease as much in the second season. There were bits and pieces, but for the most part it was pretty straight forward. No arguing about his effort level or words about the team either, he was very courteous and gentle on his way out.

I'm just excited to get this game over with. As well as the home game against Florida. Rip off the band aid. I miss the f*** out of Panarin, and I wish things were different. It's hard not to hold some sort of grudge against him because he left for a division rival, who was worse than us, because of market size. But he had a right to do what he wanted.

I hope he sets a lot of records in New York. And I hope he doesn't win jack shit.

Reactions: ViD

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I don't know if I'll be there, but I'll join in the boos if I am. Not that they would be heart felt. I just love it when a player gets booed every time that they touch the puck. I still crack up when its done to Carter and Subban.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I just noticed our three games after this one are on the road against FLA, WSH and PIT

not looking good for us

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
And I hope he doesn't win jack ****.

He’s not interested in winning. If he was he would have stayed and made more money with a better chance to be a winner.

I’m still waiting for a player like Nathan Mackinnon to show up in Columbus who was just recently quoted saying this:

“On my next deal, I’ll take less again. Because I want to win with this group.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad