GDT: Game 28 - CBJ vs NYR - 5 Dec, 7pm, @Nat

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The Bread Man apologized to the crowd after he scored. What a classy guy. Boos were not necessary, he truly done nothing bad to the city or the organization.

Lol. Yeah I'm sure.

Leaving was kinda bad for the organization tbh.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I mean his hand gesture after scoring looked like a “sorry” to me.

As for leaving, he never committed, so there was no treason whatsoever.

the guy is pure class. Full respect.

How is his goal celebration:

Any different than any of these celebrations:

I'll give you one thing, the dude gets REALLY excited when he scores goals (no issue with that), and I think he toned down his usual excitement/celebration to not further upset people. I believe this due to his post game quotes, because the booing did bother him. So yeah, what a guy.

f*** that.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Finally, here's some quotes from Panarin. Since he suddenly knows how to speak English and doesn't mind speaking to the media. Crazy.

In his gut, he knew it was coming.

Artemi Panarin knew his first trip to Nationwide Arena after signing with the New York Rangers this summer would be accompanied by a soundtrack of booing.

“Real angry in the game, (the) fans, but it’s OK,” he said afterward, letting out a short laugh while conducting an interview mostly in English. “I’m happy to be ... to be in New York.”

That didn’t make it sting any less to actually hear it virtually every time he touched the puck in the Rangers’ 3-2 victory Thursday night over the Blue Jackets, a game that Panarin’s goal in the second decided.

“I feel that in the last year,” Panarin said. “I played for that team and the fans were doing that (booing), so it’s not a surprise (when) I play against (their) team.”

“It’s a great two years,” Panarin said. “It was a great opportunity and I’m better player after that, after these two years, so everything (is) better. It (taught) me a lot, that team and those seasons.”

“I want to say ‘hi’ to the (people cheering) and for kids who like me and the posters,” Panarin said, smiling from beneath a Rangers ball cap. “I appreciate that. I miss (those) guys.”

Pausing for a second, he laughed and then added: “Only those guys.”

Former Blue Jacket Artemi Panarin hears boos but says, 'I'm happy to be ... to be in New York'

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Seeing that video about Panarin in CBJ shirt it gives me chillys.. Made me smiling and even drop a tear. What he gave for CBJ is amazing. Im glad here scored against us but at the same time im more pissed of than any other goal. Hate that he picked NYR and leave us but hope everything is good for him

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
You honestly think torts had a coming to Jesus moment with all the young players , and now they are getting the minutes they deserve ? Or his the directive being highly suggested from above ? Me, I don’t buy for a moment , when times get though, Torts goes 180 degrees against every tendency he’s shown in his time here, and leans heavily on the young guys ?
The young guys haven't deserved minutes. They had to earn them like every other player in the league. They are finally playing well enough to get these minutes, they have been the last few weeks. They are just as snakebit as the rest of the team. The whole team isn't getting the job done. No, Torts didn't have a coming to Jesus moment, the young guys finally are doing what has been asked of them the whole year and their minutes have been going up as a result. If you would have been paying attention you would have noticed they have steadily been earning time. Torts hasn't changed anything in the way he has been coaching.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Bread was traded here and he served his time without any discontent, he was by far our best player the last 2 years and easily our best player we’ve ever had. When you have the chance to go anywhere you want, Columbus is low on the list for pretty much everyone. And don’t underestimate the torts factor, I’m willing to bet an anonymous poll of players would show NO ONE wants to play for him.

As for the game, typical CBJ, dominate play but can’t finish.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
After watching enough of his garbage, I am officially returning to designating Wennberg as Pooh. And I do not see how anyone can dispute the designation.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Whaaa????Double Vision?????LOL

Odd choice. JD had to be a "Foreigner" fan. Well , he did hire Jarmo:sarcasm:

I wish they hadn't done a tribute video. JD's emotions made me dislike him a lot less. :laugh: Talk about opposites. Jarmo is a cold fish and JD definitely isn't.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
With the end of period goals Korpi is reminding me way too much of Mark Denis. That feeling I used to get when the CBJ would be up 2 goals with 5 minutes to go in the third and you just knew they were going to lose - yea that feeling... except now it seems to happen at the end of the first period almost every game.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
With the end of period goals Korpi is reminding me way too much of Mark Denis. That feeling I used to get when the CBJ would be up 2 goals with 5 minutes to go in the third and you just knew they were going to lose - yea that feeling... except now it seems to happen at the end of the first period almost every game.

End of periods
Right after scoring a goal
Giving up the empty netter

Lots SOJ going on

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
I think a video was fine. Partly because I guess it’s the “right thing to do” and partly because it would have made an unnecessary story if we didn’t do it. I think a polite applause during the video is fine.

I think it’s weird to rambunctiously cheer for him. I also don’t particularly think it’s “fair” to boo, but fan is short for fanatic and it’s an emotional thing.* The reasons why I’d neither cheer nor boo are the same. He gave his all for two years. But it was only two years. He didn’t force his way out. But he voluntarily left. He didn’t trash the city. But he also helped portray a negative perception of it by leaving. He led us to the most success we had. But that success was only a second round playoff appearance and we are now a bit of a mess, at least partially due to his decision. He didn’t treat the fans poorly. But he also didn’t seem to embrace the fans. Ultimately, he provided great memories, so thanks, but I don’t think you should be cheered.

Bob was here 7 years. He seemed to embrace the city and definitely embraced the fans. He should be cheered. Panarin? Whatever.

*Like I said I’m “okay” with fans booing since they’re fans, but I also think it’s not particularly healthy for moving forward AND I think the “loyalty” video at the start of the year was both bush-league and not positive to help us get in the right mindset as an organization to move forward.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Bah, for some reason all the text boxes to actually write a post aren’t showing up on my computer. Anyways...

There are a LOT of hot takes in this thread for a game where we just ran into a goalie that played out of his mind. I think the one about dropping Bjork in the lineup was the worst.

That leg save on Bjork was insane, and the glove one just as insane, but lucky. Bjork was one of our best players tonight, sometimes those crazy saves happen. There was a tiny difference between a NYR win and a Bjork hat trick tonight. The only takeaway is that Korpi should’ve had the first goal, and Georgiev absolutely stole the game.

Last edited:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I think a video was fine. Partly because I guess it’s the “right thing to do” and partly because it would have made an unnecessary story if we didn’t do it. I think a polite applause during the video is fine.

I think it’s weird to rambunctiously cheer for him. I also don’t particularly think it’s “fair” to boo, but fan is short for fanatic and it’s an emotional thing.* The reasons why I’d neither cheer nor boo are the same. He gave his all for two years. But it was only two years. He didn’t force his way out. But he voluntarily left. He didn’t trash the city. But he also helped portray a negative perception of it by leaving. He led us to the most success we had. But that success was only a second round playoff appearance and we are now a bit of a mess, at least partially due to his decision. He didn’t treat the fans poorly. But he also didn’t seem to embrace the fans. Ultimately, he provided great memories, so thanks, but I don’t think you should be cheered.

Bob was here 7 years. He seemed to embrace the city and definitely embraced the fans. He should be cheered. Panarin? Whatever.

*Like I said I’m “okay” with fans booing since they’re fans, but I also think it’s not particularly healthy for moving forward AND I think the “loyalty” video at the start of the year was both bush-league and not positive to help us get in the right mindset as an organization to move forward.
Is it just me or did the whole “loyalty” thing disappear after they looked like an ECHL team against the Penguins in game 2?

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Man am I getting tired of leaving the Nat so frustrated. So much is wrong with this team that I don't even want to go there. Thought the kids, especially Milano, played quite well last night. Milano had a wicked cross crease pass that should have been put in, but alas, we are talking about the Blue Jackets. Thought the Rangers goalie made a few good saves, but I don't agree that he stole the game. As usual a lot of our shots were pretty harmless, and a lot of glorious scoring chances were muffed. I also thought Korpi should have had that first Ranger goal, and I even thought the second would have been stopped by a lot of other goaltenders. Breads was unstoppable. And how do you leave the guy unmarked like that? Once we are pretty much out of the playoff race later this month, I think the CBJ should go ahead and play Elvis more and let the chips fall where they may. Korpi hasn't been terrible, but he always seems to be good for at least one bad goal per game. For this team, that isn't good at all.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Fun game to watch with the control of play. A shame they didn't put in more.

Thought the kids looked great (Milano, Peeke, etc).

If they play like 75% of that game (without the breakdowns in the second), they can best a lot of teams.

Reactions: Viqsi

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Milano was buzzing. Had some incredible feeds to a bunch of brick hands. Play him more.

If anyone should have gotten booed, it should have been JD for bailing mid-contract.

nhlfan51

May 18, 2019
Milano was buzzing. Had some incredible feeds to a bunch of brick hands. Play him more.

If anyone should have gotten booed, it should have been JD for bailing mid-contract.

Would JD approve our risky rental trades last year (lost a lot of draft picks) if he thought he'd be here this season. I doubt it. The trade that really burns me is the two 2nd round draft picks for Dzingel. We got one playoff victory (which was great), but now are screwed for several years. We have NO offensive talent, thanks JD.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Screw Panarin. I'm embarrassed that they did a tribute.

He didn't sign here; we traded for him. Yeah, he played well for two seasons. But he strung us along in his contract year, and the first chance he had, he bolted.

Boo his ass.

Reactions: CPTN71 and EspenK

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Would JD approve our risky rental trades last year (lost a lot of draft picks) if he thought he'd be here this season. I doubt it. The trade that really burns me is the two 2nd round draft picks for Dzingel. We got one playoff victory (which was great), but now are screwed for several years. We have NO offensive talent, thanks JD.

That is an interesting way of looking at it and makes you think. Heck if you beleive in conspiracy theories maybe JD intentionally didn't trade him knowing he would be easier to sign out of Columbus than potentially trading him somewhere at the deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00