GDT: Game 28 - CBJ vs NYR - 5 Dec, 7pm, @Nat

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I won't even say he stole it. He played a really good game, made saves that took talent and deserved the win. If CBJ had won, I would have agreed that Korpi stole a win.

You need to look up definition for "goalie steals a game" You have it bassackwards.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Torts will be gone after the next 3 games , 27th place after tonight
Come on. Torts has been playing the guys you have been whining about and they are still losing. Milano played almost 20 minutes. He looked good but still nothing to show for it. Bemstrom missed a few quality chances. What is Torts supposed to do? 47 shots and 2 goals has nothing to do with coaching. Maybe you should follow a different sport.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Who would want our garbage?

It might be a good time to think about Savard. Although no real reason to until the TDL when you know “for sure” where you’re at. But that’d likely be for pick(s)/prospect(s).

There’s no real way to improve the team much this season, unless you somehow get Hall (which should only happen if it’s a sign-and-trade).

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I'm hacked we lost this game. But I don't see this as a dumpster fire the way many do. We were strong offensively, just not strong scoring. Rarely will a team end up with 2 goals on 47 shots. We are a low shooting percentage team, but were not going to be at 4% in many games. The worst part of our game tonight wasn't the offense, rather it was the breakdowns with 8 seconds in the first and the breakdown on Bread's goal.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
You need to look up definition for "goalie steals a game" You have it bassackwards.
Agree , it’s common for the jackets to make the opposing goalie look all star level, tonight wasn’t one of those regular performances , the leg quick save may be one of the best I’ve seen , and he had 2 or 3 amazing glove saves

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I'm hacked we lost this game. But I don't see this as a dumpster fire the way many do. We were strong offensively, just not strong scoring. Rarely will a team end up with 2 goals on 47 shots. We are a low shooting percentage team, but were not going to be at 4% in many games. The worst part of our game tonight wasn't the offense, rather it was the breakdowns with 8 seconds in the first and the breakdown on Bread's goal.

They are shooting 7.5% as a team for the entire season. Tonight was not much of an aberration. Even if they were "average" tonight it is still 50/50 they could have won the game.

Reactions: CPTN71

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
They are shooting 7.5% as a team for the entire season. Tonight was not much of an aberration. Even if they were "average" tonight it is still 50/50 they could have won the game.
Agree , is a system issue .. a good number of our shots on goal are harmless shots ran thru our defense from the point . Teams that really can move the puck and get the goalie moving have much better success , we rarely do that . The passing on the powerplay is much improved .

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Come on. Torts has been playing the guys you have been whining about and they are still losing. Milano played almost 20 minutes. He looked good but still nothing to show for it. Bemstrom missed a few quality chances. What is Torts supposed to do? 47 shots and 2 goals has nothing to do with coaching. Maybe you should follow a different sport.
Guys that should have been playing since day 1 . Yes tonight, their goalie flat out stole the game . But here we are, in 27th place , and our next 3 games are Florida, Washington , and Pittsburgh . The end of Torts is near

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Guys that should have been playing since day 1 . Yes tonight, their goalie flat out stole the game . But here we are, in 27th place , and our next 3 games are Florida, Washington , and Pittsburgh . The end of Torts is near
Not so sure Torts is gone just yet. Team is playing hard and is snakebit when it comes to shots. I blame Jarmo more than Torts.....he put together this roster. If the CBJ start dogging it or quit, then Torts should worry.

Reactions: leesmith

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Not so sure Torts is gone just yet. Team is playing hard and is snakebit when it comes to shots. I blame Jarmo more than Torts.....he put together this roster. If the CBJ start dogging it or quit, then Torts should worry.
You honestly think torts had a coming to Jesus moment with all the young players , and now they are getting the minutes they deserve ? Or his the directive being highly suggested from above ? Me, I don’t buy for a moment , when times get though, Torts goes 180 degrees against every tendency he’s shown in his time here, and leans heavily on the young guys ?

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The offense played well enough for us to win by 3 goals. Yet, the offense finished poorly enough to lose the game. If points were given for winning in advanced stats, we'd be in first place.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
No excuse for Bjorkstrand to not score with how many chances he had. If he can’t finish, Torts has to drop him in the lineup because the Jackets can’t afford having someone blow so many opportunities.
That and Josh Anderson is where offense goes to die. What the hell happened to him?!?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
You honestly think torts had a coming to Jesus moment with all the young players , and now they are getting the minutes they deserve ? Or his the directive being highly suggested from above ? Me, I don’t buy for a moment , when times get though, Torts goes 180 degrees against every tendency he’s shown in his time here, and leans heavily on the young guys ?
Or he’s grasping at straws because our prized “veterans” play like their sticks are backwards. Either way, Wennberg has regressed to his old bad habits after a promising start. It’s clear that they can’t coexist much longer and replacing torts is easier than finding someone to take wennberg’s contract.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I don’t know if you guys have seen Panarin’s tribute video, but kudos to the marketing team, I think they included every Panarin’s goal against New York rangers in there

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Just finished watching the game....I don't like any losses, but CBJ played well enough to win.
Outplayed the Rangers, but a lack of finishing plus lack of luck (ie. NYR goalie stole the game, especially those 2 saves on Bjorkstrand, who was shooting tons, loved it) and they have another L, unfortunately.

Just keep playing hard, like they are....good things will happen.

Reactions: cslebn

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Or he’s grasping at straws because our prized “veterans” play like their sticks are backwards. Either way, Wennberg has regressed to his old bad habits after a promising start. It’s clear that they can’t coexist much longer and replacing torts is easier than finding someone to take wennberg’s contract.
It would take 50% retention to get somebody to be silly enough take on Wennberg. He can be bought out at 1/3 after the season. Should be designated for assignment to Cleveland. No one will claim him. Hopefully he gets so frustrated he'll quit and the the contract Will be voided. LOL

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Honestly, not a whole lot to bitch about. We played a damn good game. Can't score, but that's not new.

I liked the way the kids played. Milano, Bemstrom, and PLD at the forefront. I thought we had a lot of guys going. Bjorkstrand is really starting to get it, and that's exciting, but the results need to come.

Jones' goal was wicked awesome.

I think Korpisalo needs to make that save on the first goal. Shot hits him right in the chest and goes through five hole. Yes, it was a frantic play, started all by Foligno missing the puck behind the net. But he needs to make that save. Especially in the last minute of a period. Inexcusable. Other than that, Korpi was fine.

I thought the fans treated Panarin very fair. Boo'd whenever he touched it, and then applauded during his tribute. It was an acknowledgement that he's now the enemy, a deserter, but also a thank you for what he did when he was here. He was a good soldier, who handled himself the right way most of the time. Fans have the right to be emotional and boo him, and he had a right to leave. But I think it was good that we at least tipped our cap to him for what he did.

It really f***ing sucks that he scored. And it really f***ing sucked it was the GWG too. But, that's what elite players do.

Also the JD tribute was nice. I didn't expect him to be that emotional with it, and I didn't expect him to get one. But he did, and he was, so yeah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad