GDT: Game 28: Arizona Campbells @ Calgary Smiths | 7:00 p.m. MST | FS-A | 98.7 FM

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Bottom line with this team is they need to score more. There's enough talent to generate more offense. Tocc needs to do what he was brought here to do. I'm tired of this low scoring bs. How do you bench Duclair when you're having a hard time scoring? Can we get one media person with enough balls to ask that legitimate question?

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Keller is a bit young and physically immature for this league, but man, he keeps finding ways to make something out of nothing. Great vision.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Strome flashed some wheels there, I think he's just a touch lazy.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
McConnell and his shitty play by play always say “and xyz wants to” (whatever it is) well no shit Matt, if the pucks in our zone the guys going to want to get it out.

We blow. Stepan blows, coaching staff blows. f*** it

Reactions: CC96 and _Del_

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
It's hard to imagine him being lazy in his second game... nerves maybe?

Lazy isn't the right word. That was the end of his shift and he clearly dug a little deep to catch a Flames player from behind.

He's just all about thinking, lurking, preying. He's like Vrbata in that he'll just hover around an opportune area but you won't find him putting in much board work. Hard to say if it's an unwillingness or a preference at this point.

Vision is still 10/10 with him. But with how the team is 'playing' right now, he has a very small chance to shine.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I know we're last, I know we'll probably lose this, I know it's super frustrating, but I'll tell you what: it's so refreshing to see real skill, speed, and sharp, hard passes after all these years of putrid hockey. I'm turning back into a fan of this team.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Wedgie bailing us out over and over and over. A lot more defensive breakdowns today than I've seen recently.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Quality start to this PP....

Even Matt calling them out for all the perimetery.

EDIT: #2 unit did a little better but still not great.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Good showing by Strome on the PP.

Kconn hasn't gotten the memo about the quick shot meta, still taking forever to hack off an easily deflected shot

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Why the almighty f*** do all of our players hesitate so much before shooting? I would love to know the percentage of quality scoring opportunities that we've simply smashed into shin pads or redirected out of play from a defenders stick, all because they had to spend 2 seconds thinking about the shot. I suppose it doesn't really matter because lets be honest, those shots are all going high and wide even if they get through :dunce:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad