GDT: GAME 27 | Senators @ Coyotes | Enter Jacques Martin | Tue Dec 19 2023 9PM | TSN5, RDS

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Puck was going wide he legit kicks it in lmao
Yup. His foot angle was wrong.

Agree puck management , decision making, high risk plays .. He's creative and dynamic he has to make some adjustments to cut down on high risk passes higher in the offensive zone. Defensively , the team needs adjustments, he will be a part of that.

He along with Brady are important pieces to get total buy in from. They have had seemingly infinite leashes and have not improved their puck management under DJ. When Boucher arrived he needed buy in from the leaders and particularly Karlsson ; for any type of structure or system to work you need everyone rowing in the same direction without exception. JM and Alfie know that and they will do their best to turn it around
I am looking forward to the changes they will make and the teaching that will be done. You could see that it was already starting in the last game. More to come. It should be fun to see it start to work and the results.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
C'mon, son, Tasters Choice 4 life

I also prefer McDonald's over Tim's. How do you feel about Starbucks? I used to not like it, but I quite like their dark roast now.

I just got home last night so I am just drinking kicking horse coffee the Hoodoo Jo out of my Delonghi Truebrew. I have some beans my folks brought me from Mexico. I have been grinding and drinking them using my French press, but I was too lazy for that this morning.
McDonald's or Tim's coffee is fine for me. Don't need expensive coffees. Expensive Scotch is something else entirely (Lagavulin is a real man's Scotch)!

It wasn't a good first period. Great on the scoreboard. But Arizona had the better of the play. By far. I went to bed after the first. Not surprised by the result this morning
The Senators were horribly outshot; 2:1!

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
McDonald's or Tim's coffee is fine for me. Don't need expensive coffees. Expensive Scotch is something else entirely (Lagavulin is a real man's Scotch)!

The Senators were horribly outshot; 2:1!
I don't need the coffee to be expensive I just like bean to cup coffee. I do appreciate good quality beans but I am by no means an expert. I'm not a big drinker these days but when I do I like to drink Gin. I like tanqueray but I have been drinking Isle of Harris lately which is very good. I have a bottle of blue label but my friends enjoy it more than I do. I prefer sipping on Gin or Tequila more than Scotch/Whiskey.

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
Honest question because last night all I saw was red. Was the crosscheck on Tarasenko clean? I can't find a replay of it, so haven't been able to re-watch it.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Honest question because last night all I saw was red. Was the crosscheck on Tarasenko clean? I can't find a replay of it, so haven't been able to re-watch it.

It was pretty bullshit. Should have been a call, but also not an excuse for what the Sens pulled off.

Reactions: Cosmix

The Professional

Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
Dumb question but I thought that with the new reviewing/challenging rules you could challenge a goal if an infraction was missed before. Couldn't the sens have challenged that there was a crosscheck/hit from behind ?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Dumb question but I thought that with the new reviewing/challenging rules you could challenge a goal if an infraction was missed before. Couldn't the sens have challenged that there was a crosscheck/hit from behind ?

The only infractions that can be reviewed are majors or high sticking double minors, can’t wipe out a goal because of a missed infraction.

Reactions: DrEasy

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Coyotes are young too. They just f***ing skate.
The one thing that really stood out for me was that everytime the Coyotes entered our zone, there was always at least one player screening our goalie. When the Sens are in their zone, this usually only happens on the PP or if the 3rd/4th line are out. Too many perimeter shots, hardly any plays down low, losing most puck battles, erratic passing. So much work to do.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I love that clip of Alfie there. These guys all need to some tough love to get them to play tough, and to play in all three zones. Kastelic better smarten up because he has sucked, not bringing a single element we need from him or the fourth line.

Alfie has the clout to criticize guys who don’t play hard, especially when you’re one of the biggest guys on the team, are on the team for your physical play, and aren’t finishing easy checks.

These guys are going to find themselves out of the line up on the fourth line because they aren’t brining energy or physicality on any basis, let alone on a consistent basis.

Obviously there are other issues with skilled guys, but our tough energy guys aren’t doing their jobs at all. This team NEEDS guys who will come out and create momentum, fire up the team during lulls, and cause some pain. For all his faults Watty was that type of guy and we miss that.

JM is going to show each player some puck management details that they need to adopt, then he will start reminding, and then ice time will be affected.

All this before making any changes to the system. I suspect they will wait to see if the interim tag comes off before spending the time to change the system. It’s all good for now though because the players to a man need to focus on the details of their game regardless of the system.

Finish your f***ing checks, stop making low percentage plays with the puck. Start with that.

Reactions: LiseL and Cosmix

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
They were dominated . Ugly game, and ugly effort.

Best highlights were Alfie giving it to Kastelic, like who does Kasty think he is. Fringe NHLer and useless on this team.

Second best highlight was Capuano showed something on the board for Jacques to consider and he blew him off, and Cap looked annoyed by it. Actually, that was the highlight of the night. Jacques swatted him away like a buzzing fly.

Josh Norris, love his shot, and he looks like a guy who will benefit from the coaching change. Korpy did a great job, and the team was super unlucky on the 3rd and 4th goals. The 2nd goal was after a non call boarding. Yay us.

But I am embracing the tank. Celebrate for Celebrini. This team is going to lose some players, and some players leaving will shock and angee the fanbse. But the team is poorly constructed
Agree
They won't come out the BASEMENT to challenge for a CUP with a few tweaks and a couple of additions /trades and a new coach
Takes years for teams to win a round or 2
They are one of the worst team in the league
Will take a lot to change the cotton candy culture

Reactions: LiseL

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
For me, when he pulls up that is slowing down the play, players catch up and get to open ice but a lot of it does come down to decision making for him. From my perspective his poor decision making its him trying too hard to create east-west play.
I think he's often forcing the play because he's in a hurry and worries about getting hit or tangled up. Once he matures more physically he'll be able to take his time more.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I think he's often forcing the play because he's in a hurry and worries about getting hit or tangled up. Once he matures more physically he'll be able to take his time more.

I don’t think he avoids contact, more than anything I’d say he invites it. He’s a player who more than anything hangs onto the puck for too long, which I’m fine with. He is a very elusive player and uses it to draw in defenders and create ice for his opponents. I just think the mentality is wrong. You don’t have to try and score every shift, sometimes you just have to win a shift.

You can add Kastelic , Kelly and McEwan to that list .. all Good for nothings

They aren’t the problem. This team has moved out the plenty of lesser skilled players in favour of skill. Nothings changed. You need your best players to lead you.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Apologies if this has already been posted but the little things you've already seen and heard mentioned by both Alfie and Martin should shut up the Dorion defender.

Most of the players didn't know any better and I bet they are getting a bit of a culture shock when accountability and a bit of mild scolding is taking place compared to ass slaps and good jobs despite playing like shit.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
You can add Kastelic , Kelly and McEwan to that list .. all Good for nothings
I don't get the McEwen multi year signing at all. He was brought in to police the ice but he hasn't done shit.

Kelly I think you can get more out of him than what you've seen. He can be a buzz saw as we have seen it in the past so he's at least somewhat useful but I wouldn't be sad to see him go.

I had high hopes for Kastellic being a fourth line forward. Big and can fight but he has been playing like he's 5'5 with arthritis.

• Haha
Reactions: LiseL and Cosmix

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
They were dominated . Ugly game, and ugly effort.

Best highlights were Alfie giving it to Kastelic, like who does Kasty think he is. Fringe NHLer and useless on this team.

Second best highlight was Capuano showed something on the board for Jacques to consider and he blew him off, and Cap looked annoyed by it. Actually, that was the highlight of the night. Jacques swatted him away like a buzzing fly.

Josh Norris, love his shot, and he looks like a guy who will benefit from the coaching change. Korpy did a great job, and the team was super unlucky on the 3rd and 4th goals. The 2nd goal was after a non call boarding. Yay us.

But I am embracing the tank. Celebrate for Celebrini. This team is going to lose some players, and some players leaving will shock and angee the fanbse. But the team is poorly constructed
Is there a clip of this Capuano thing? I missed it.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
(Lagavulin is a real man's Scotch)!

Worst part about Brexit, way harder to get a bottle of good Scotch in mainland Europe. Luckily I've been poor enough the last few years that it hasn't had as much of an impact on me

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad