GDT: GAME 27 | Senators @ Coyotes | Enter Jacques Martin | Tue Dec 19 2023 9PM | TSN5, RDS

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
JACQUES.jpg

OTTAWA SENATORS (11-15-0) @ ARIZONA COYOTES (15-13-2)
TV: TSN5, RDS | Radio: TSN 1200, 94.5 Unique-FM

Smith has now been replaced with former Sens coach Jacques Martin, at least for the interim, and club legend Daniel Alfredsson has joined the team as an assistant.

The Senators are the fifth worst team in the NHL in points percentage with a record of 11-15-0, and they're 12 points out of a playoff spot.

The question is: can they claw back into the playoff picture?

PROJECTED LINEUP*

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Batherson
Tarasenko - Norris - Giroux
Kubalik - Greig - Crookshank
Smejkal - Kastelic - Kelly

Sanderson - Zub

Chychrun - JBD
Brannstrom - Hamonic

Korpisalo
Forsberg

*Lines are from yesterday's practice before Jacques Martin took over so expect some minor changes before game time.

PREVIOUS MATCHUP

screen-shot-2022-10-01-at-8-09-42-pm-png.636270

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Lineup looks good. Should be a great game. I’m giving it a go. The great reset.

Reactions: SensFactor

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
They had DJ speak with the media before he was fired? That seems odd; you fire a man first thing in the morning before he starts his day.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Let's see if they come out ready... and play with a tiny bit more structure. Although JM and Alfie have been coaches for less than 24hours

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
They had DJ speak with the media before he was fired? That seems odd; you fire a man first thing in the morning before he starts his day.
Logistical reasons Staois said, possibly flying in JM on time, could be several types of logistics reasons.

Glad Tarasenko is back, hopefully all is good on the home front

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Is it just me or is JM a better public communicator than he was the first time around?

Maybe it's just that he is so much better than DJ but my memory of JM was him being a bit enigmatic in interviews.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
listening to those interviews.

Jacques Martin and Daniel Alfredsson using the words "our hockey club" vs Pierre Dorion hits different.

wew

Reactions: DrEasy

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Tarasenko on the LW again? Seems a bit weird tp try that again
The line-up posted was from yesterday's pratice with DJ so it may be different under JM. We don't have long to wait to find out.

Sorry, I posted this before realizing someone else had already stated it.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Is it just me or is JM a better public communicator than he was the first time around?

Maybe it's just that he is so much better than DJ but my memory of JM was him being a bit enigmatic in interviews.
at the risk of getting into trouble.

He has lived large chunks of the last 20 years in the USA. And so English 360 degrees.. TV, Radio, press, fans.. His English probably improved significantly.. and he becomes at ease

I was once the territory Manager for Québec.. Construction structures.. While I spoke French, it was not 100% clean.. It made it difficult.. A funny thing began to happen as I became more involved. As I traveled there, my French improved. Reading documents, phone calls, etc, my French improved. The stress reduced, I became more at ease and so on.

It has now been a few years, French has all but disappeared from my life. I find myself strangely stressed again if I have to speak it. If I go to Gatineau, I find myself stressed and will turn from French to English. Writing an E-mail is now torture.

Reactions: LiseL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad