GDT: Game #27: Maple Leafs @ Canadiens, 7:00 PM, TSN 1050, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Leafs are 8-3-1 in their last 12 at Bell Centre. We seem to win there, they seem to win at the ACC. I didn't do that statistic but it looked like it would be 7-5 for MTL at ACC in the last 12 or around there.

I also notice Leafs seem to win a lot early in the year vs. MTL and they seem to win a lot later.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Hope this is a good game. Marlies just spanked the Montreal farm team last night so hopefully it rubs off

mikebel111*

please the heck call up JML.

his calming influence and leadership ability, and his puck moving can help this team a lot.

the guy has been a class act throughout this process.

the guy is not a bad player as some say he is.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

his calming influence and leadership ability, and his puck moving can help this team a lot.

i don't think he's a bad player at all - and I don't know why he's not up.
we just can't move anyone else down on the defense to bring him up.

mikebel111*

i don't think he's a bad player at all - and I don't know why he's not up.
we just can't move anyone else down on the defense to bring him up.

there are rumors that randy doesn't like him. but I don't really buy that

I think it has to do with the cap.

Franson has been terrible, so I don't why he hasn't been scratched yet.

My best guess is that because franson was treated poorly early on here, so now he is getting a bit more leeway.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
End result won't change anytime soon until there's a change in our system play.

This team is just not built to play the cycle. Whenever our wingers have the puck they just give it away, when our defenseman have the puck, the wingers are so far up the ice that the D have nobody to pass to and can easily be pressured.

Add that to our center depth and you have a team that is mediocre in every way.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I've said "we got dis" for the past many games we've lost so I'm gonna change it up.

We DON'T got dis.

We never got dis :(.

I just hope someone gives a flying **** in this game. Seriously, so frustrating to watch this team suck every night.

Imagine if Nonis doesn't make the trade for Bernier. Scrivens would play 8-10 of these games and our record would be below .500 because Scurvy would be facing 35 shots a night...he can't handle that.

I wish there was a way to bet on the number of shots, everyone knows that the Leafs will get outshot. Good money.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Anyone else want to see kulemin get more ice time with lupul gone? i think he's looked pretty good lately and i think his style would complement kadri. Only 10 players from the 2006 draft have more career goals than him.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Anyone else want to see kulemin get more ice time with lupul gone? i think he's looked pretty good lately and i think his style would complement kadri. Only 10 players from the 2006 draft have more career goals than him.

Definitely. I'd much rather have Kulemin playing on the 2nd line instead of dumbo Raymond. Raymond has no hockey IQ, and always disappoints with his rushes. He makes it look so good with his skating, but when he enters the offensive zone, he ends up screwing up a good scoring chance by either losing the puck along the boards or taking a harmless shot into someone's skates or the goalie's chest.

Kessel is already pretty soft, would rather not have another soft winger in the top six.

Apollo Leaf

Apr 8, 2010
We REALLY need another solid D man in this lineup or center man in this lineup. Either a legitimate D man to play with Phaneuf (#1-2, priority) or a C in the mold of Mike Richards (Schenn?).

It believe we have almost gotten to the point of making a change to send a message.

Someone finally understands.

A solid D man for Phaneuf is a must. I really hope Nonis is on the look for one.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline

A solid D man for Phaneuf is a must. I really hope Nonis is on the look for one.

We don't need a solid Dman for Phaneuf (if you mean pairing with him)... we need a solid Dman that can play on our 2nd or 3rd pairings, if Carlyle wasn't so freakin stubborn he would try splitting Gunnar-Phaneuf since our bottom 4 has been horrible (outside Rielly).

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011

Yeah I liked Liles on the team last year. Except when he got the concussion he was never the same which sucked.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
It boggles the mind why Liles hasn't played a single game this year.

Not really.

He's not a slow skater and doesn't have low IQ like Fraser or Ranger. Makes perfect sense that Liles doesn't meet the required condition top play #4-#6D for the Leafs.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

A #1 pairing Dman has been of Leafs need & shopping list for years already, right up there with a #1 C in desire.

Gunnarsson is a 2nd pairing defender forced to play above his pay grade simply because the team has no one more qualified.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
It boggles the mind why Liles hasn't played a single game this year.

Not a freaking clue. Any normal coach would be trying different things on D with how bad it's been performing recently, but Carlyle is incredibly stubborn and refuses to take out his favorite players even though they are performing horribly, on the other hand, he ain't afraid to scratch Gardiner and Rielly who go against his protege of a player. Carlyle has really been getting on the nerves of leafs nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad