Post-Game Talk: Game #27: Canucks 5, Senators 2 - Daniel Sedin with his 300th career goal!

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Also, I thought Lack would've got a few more games by now... don't want him rotting on the bench.

tortsscream.gif

Found it in the other thread.

Always good to see Torts being so hands-on as a coach.

Looks like he floated on the backcheck on the 1st OTT goal.

Yeah, that's twice now in 2 games he missed his man on a goal against apparently. Noticed he was demoted to the 4th line too.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Also, I thought Lack would've got a few more games by now... don't want him rotting on the bench.

We have a bunch of back-to-back games coming up, he should be getting some starts soon.

This weekend, then Dec. 8th/9th, 13th/14th, 19th/20th, 29th/30th.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC

I imagine it's going to be Luongo until we get into the thick of things. Torts has shown that he likes to ride his horses as we've seen with the icetime he gives the Sedins. As long as we're on the outside looking in I think Luongo gets ridden pretty hard. We do have a couple back-to-backs in early-mid December so maybe we see Lack on the 9th against CArolina or on the 13th against EDM.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
This of until strangest season I can remember for scheduling. They have 4-5 occurrences where they play back to back home games.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
We have a bunch of back-to-back games coming up, he should be getting some starts soon.

This weekend, then Dec. 8th/9th, 13th/14th, 19th/20th, 29th/30th.

I imagine it's going to be Luongo until we get into the thick of things. Torts has shown that he likes to ride his horses as we've seen with the icetime he gives the Sedins. As long as we're on the outside looking in I think Luongo gets ridden pretty hard. We do have a couple back-to-backs in early-mid December so maybe we see Lack on the 9th against CArolina or on the 13th against EDM.

That we do. I just don't like the idea of having a young goalie sitting on the bench for 7 games straight, especially when he's only had 4 starts all year and there's no guarantee Lu - who's had 23 starts - will be back next season. Ah well... hopefully Lack gets the next game.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
Booth looked good because he actually took it to the middle, and that created opportunities. All the fluky goals still count, so that doesn't really bother me. Good things happen in hockey when you are willing to get your nose dirty. Hope he keeps it up.

Kassian and Edler were just serving it up to the other team. Edler's reads are so slow. Despite the drop pass in the neutral zone, we scored on the PP play where he was least involved.

The Canucks also did a lot better job ramping up the forecheck and crashing the net in this game, which IMO is why we saw an offensive outburst.

The team had started to float in the last stretch of games. Blindly dumping it in without speed, skating to their position on the forecheck but not engaging, the third forward being soft on his side once it looks like the play has been funnelled in the right way, third forward not containing the free winger once the two D have conceded the blueline ... these and a whole host of little things the team has very subtly been careless about in our losing streak.

With a true effort in the last two periods tonight you see what we can do when the whole team isn't cutting corners. I only caught the 1st on the radio so I can't comment on that.

Im still waiting to see a decent body check or two every game. not just bumping into a guy along the boards. Heck Tanev was layed out twice in one period tonight.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
does eddie lack get 1 of the earlier games this weekend? or maybe both? what did hansen do to get an earfull from coach torts? funny gif too. tonight was bump the slump nights for most guys. garrison scored on the pp? :0

Squall

Mar 22, 2013
65Bsntkd.gif

Credit to whoever made this

What exactly happened before this? I might have missed it.

It's pretty funny to look at. Feel kinda bad for Hansen, but it's nice to see a coach with fire.:handclap:

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
good job tositos for stepping up in defense of his teammate stanton and going head to head against neil

YouCantYandleThis*

65Bsntkd.gif

Credit to whoever made this

What exactly happened before this? I might have missed it.

It's pretty funny to look at. Feel kinda bad for Hansen, but it's nice to see a coach with fire.:handclap:

Hansen floated back into our zone as the Senators rushed towards the net and scored. Could've helped prevent it if he had backchecked...at all. Well done by Torts. Hansen is one of those guys who can be our most consistent player if he wants to be.

Lundface*

Hansen floated back into our zone as the Senators rushed towards the net and scored. Could've helped prevent it if he had backchecked...at all. Well done by Torts. Hansen is one of those guys who can be our most consistent player if he wants to be.

There has to be more to it than that. Re-watch that play, even if Hansen hustles he'll barely catch up to the puck carrier and even if he does he's getting sucked out of position. It isn't like he coasted back covering the guy back post, kind of confusing as to why he was ripped apart.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
There has to be more to it than that. Re-watch that play, even if Hansen hustles he'll barely catch up to the puck carrier and even if he does he's getting sucked out of position. It isn't like he coasted back covering the guy back post, kind of confusing as to why he was ripped apart.
I think he was involved earlier in the turnover that sprung that odd man- rush...

I think I heard John Garrett guess what Torts was saying with "You screw up down there you better hustle your ass back", or something to that affect.

Interesting- and correct me if I'm wrong here- but I believe this is Torts first real public blow up directed at a player on the bench during a game...if that is the case, then I think you could be right, Torts could be making a calculated move there.

Lundface*

I think he was involved earlier in the turnover that sprung that odd man- rush...

I think I heard John Garrett guess what Torts was saying with "You screw up down there you better hustle your ass back", or something to that affect.

Interesting- and correct me if I'm wrong here- but I believe this is Torts first real blow public blow up on the bench during a game...if that is the case, then I think you could be right, Torts could be making a calculated move there.

Yeah thats the first I've seen. I think it's either something that's been building with Hansen ( I even looked the first time thinking it was a turnover but he didn't cough it up either) or just picking a guy to lay into (that can handle it mind you) just to light a fire. Either way glad to see he did it

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
Yeah, he did get more minutes tonight, so maybe Torts is able to trust him a bit more. I like that 2nd line because both Kassian and Higgins will defer to Kesler. More about playstyles than Kassian outright earning the spot.

I want to see more speed next to the Booth-Santorelli combo, without moving Kesler from C just yet. Try and Hansen and give Kesler Kassian to work with first.

Word.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
The pairings I felt worked best last season were

Hamhuis-Garrison

Edler-Tanev

And then

Stanton-Bieksa

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad