Post-Game Talk: Game #27: Canucks 5, Senators 2 - Daniel Sedin with his 300th career goal!

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
GDT: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1548049

Also, David Booth scored!
pnXGcud.jpg

courtesy of Zombotron

continue

Last edited:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Lets just play all the home games on the road

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Good win. Beat a bad team like we should/have been doing. Nice to see Booth get a goal.

We were outplayed though, as evidenced by being outshot 39-28, but Luongo came up big and made the big saves when we needed it. Also, Craig Anderson is a terrible goalie. Not sure why Lehner isn't their starter.

Hopefully we can build on this going into New York Saturday.

ghostingtaro

Nov 2, 2013
Good game :)

Not sure is something wrong with the team or we need to be in the Eastern conference :laugh:

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Good win. Beat a bad team like we should/have been doing. Nice to see Booth get a goal.

We were outplayed though, as evidenced by being outshot 39-28, but Luongo came up big and made the big saves when we needed it. Also, Craig Anderson is a terrible goalie. Not sure why Lehner isn't their starter.

Hopefully we can build on this going into New York Saturday.

Could be score effects, but hey, why get in the way of a good story eh? lol.

So just to be clear, outshot is outplayed right? If so, you will see the chest sniper/plug argument revisited in the Lu thread...

------------

I thought Luongo looked very shaky early on, and the team tightened up because of his play. That was the 1st period. The 2nd period onward, they just played and took the game over. Luckily, there was enough of a cushion built up for Lu to make 2 big saves and coast it home.

Outside99*

Tale of 4 pairings

Hamhuis Tanev were stellar + 3 (8 minutes in the 3rd, 12 shifts)

Bieksa Stanton were good

Garrison Edler were so-so

Bieksa Edler were miserable

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Good to see the team respond well after coming out of the 1st trailing, on what could have been a deflating goal.

Finally got to see Kassian with Kesler - put Kesler in on a breakaway his 1st shift with him.

Booth has strung a couple good games together. Hopefullly a little confidence will make him a useful top 9 forward. The Canucks really need him to get there.

Can probably count on 3 fingers how many times the Canucks have laid an egg through the first third of the season. With this level of consistency and the personnel, you have to think they will find a way to sneak into a playoff spot, barring major injuries.

Most importantly, the PP is showing signs of life. The post season probably hinges on if they can continue to make strides here.

Lundface*

Could be score effects, but hey, why get in the way of a good story eh? lol.

So just to be clear, outshot is outplayed right? If so, you will see the chest sniper/plug argument revisited in the Lu thread...

------------

I thought Luongo looked very shaky early on, and the team tightened up because of his play. That was the 1st period. The 2nd period onward, they just played and took the game over. Luckily, there was enough of a cushion built up for Lu to make 2 big saves and coast it home.

It's hilarious how he can jump on either side of an argument without even noticing...didn't want to point it out because I fear for his mental health, but I guess someone had to go there.

Luck goes a long way in this game...Anderson gifted Van with two goals, Greening whiffing after deking Luongo out of the net and Santorelli saving an empty net makes it an Ottawa victory. It's about time Van got some bounces

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Pretty unimpressed with Spezza, aside from that one shift near the end of the second period, or was it the start of the third? Didn't really notice Ryan either..

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Karlsson has been severely overrated in the east. He won't survive a second in the west, such a garbage of a player defensively.. so many give aways.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
So just to be clear, outshot is outplayed right?

Yeah, what an odd game to praise Luongo for. Gave up a weak goal in the first, the team came out and scored 5 goals and probably surrendered 5-6 decent scoring chances all night. I don't think I can remember more than 2-3 good saves from Luongo...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad