BRUINS GDT GAME 27 7:07 PM - THE BEAR visits Fort Lauderdale - NESN, SN, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Too many passengers and 4th liners on this team. I don't expect a trade anytime soon, unless it's Neely demanding it. If I'm making the calls, definitely wouldn't trade any draft pick.

If you're saying that even with a trade, they aren't going anywhere this year, so why blow a draft pick, I understand.

I would deal both prospects -- any of those we've seen, frankly -- and draft picks to bring in legitimate NHL talent, size & snarl. Easily said, true.

But they need more than Wayne Simmonds (assuming he were available) at this point. Chara & Bergeron won't be around forever.

This is the team that Sweeney & Neely built. Skilled (to a degree), young, and relatively speaking, soft.

Management should be called to account.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Domi scores. Cant wait to attend that game next week. Bruins need a MTL game to get back into form
This team as is will not score a goal against Price and unless our Tender stands on his head the Scabs will hit double digits in goals!

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Ryan Reeves on powerplay for Vegas out front scores 6th of year on nice play.
6 goals and 10 points so far. 13+ shooting pct (career 11%). 111 hits ALREADY. On pace to put up ridiculous hit numbers this season. Oh, and all that in 11:58 per game TOI. Hell of a year so far from him.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
enough of this, please. when is the last time someone here called him a useless goon?

I've warmed up to a lot of your opinions on this topic, but the constant smartass stuff from you and @BruinsFanSince94 on opposite ends of this issue is why the discussion around it is so toxic.
It’s a joke, relax. Also, someone said he was a god awful hockey player legitimately like two days ago. Forgot who it was on here, though. Started an argument, actually.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Useless goon.

I been watching him alot this year and he is playing well.Bruins have lots that cannot bring what he brings.He has 6 goals and is plus 8 .And opens space up .Washington D just tried to handle him in front and lost.He buried it top shelf on Holtby.That is useless I like.Bruins tried all skill no muscle and look at us.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Tough game all around but the power play goes 0 for 4 in the ugliest of ways. Had a chance to shift the momentum and couldn't even get the puck into the zone. Thats when he best players need to be the best players.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
If you're saying that even with a trade, they aren't going anywhere this year, so why blow a draft pick, I understand.

I would deal both prospects -- any of those we've seen, frankly -- and draft picks to bring in legitimate NHL talent, size & snarl. Easily said, true.

But they need more than Wayne Simmonds (assuming he were available) at this point. Chara & Bergeron won't be around forever.

This is the team that Sweeney & Neely built. Skilled (to a degree), young, and relatively speaking, soft.

Exactly, it isn't just tonights game but all season in general. This problem didn't start tonight, it started in the summer when they didn't fix their problems/holes at forward. Everybody and his brother said knew where their weaknesses were but I guess the B's brain trust thought that they could find a couple of guys in house? They were wrong.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Tough game all around but the power play goes 0 for 4 in the ugliest of ways. Had a chance to shift the momentum and couldn't even get the puck into the zone. Thats when he best players need to be the best players.

Bruins lack alot up front.And i mean alot.It is easy for teams to focus on skill guys when bottom 6 just stinks.Don Sweeney is lost a bit better idea after xmas.Hopefully fixes this.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Hamilton trade did not give us any impact players return. Flames picked up lindholm. Look what he is doing in Calgary. Imagine him behind bergy and David.
Was adamant that bruins offer Krug + Heinen for Lindholm, not to mention hanifin. Would have been a robbery. But no... Krug is essential to the "offense"

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009

Yes, I'm saying a single trade will not make any difference. This team has at least 3 big holes: 2RW, 2/3C and they are soft like butter. Back in the days, we all mock Montreal calling them hobbits, well...

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
Was adamant that bruins offer Krug + Heinen for Lindholm, not to mention hanifin. Would have been a robbery. But no... Krug is essential to the "offense"
krug is not . He is too much of a liability on defence and out of 12 points 8 are on pp. He seems to have lost it and cant even hit the damn net. Very frustrating to watch . I bet u put another skilled d man in his place on the pp and the results would be the same .

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
At this point I rather see them sign one year deals with Stemp and Winnik. Keep Donato and Bjork in Providence for the year. Team may not be great but yo yoing Bjork and Donato up and down is not good for morale.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
krug is not . He is too much of a liability on defence and out of 12 points 8 are on pp. He seems to have lost it and cant even hit the damn net. Very frustrating to watch . I bet u put another skilled d man in his place on the pp and the results would be the same .
Marc Andre Bergeron comes to mind. This is the territory he is headed if he doesn’t up his defensive game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad