BRUINS GDT GAME 27 7:07 PM - THE BEAR visits Fort Lauderdale - NESN, SN, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Marc Andre Bergeron comes to mind. This is the territory he is headed if he doesn’t up his defensive game

I was Bruins G M I would look to move him and add help up front.By doing it that way would still have money to sign a Stempniak as an example. Give his pp time to McAvoy .Put Grizz on other side feeding him 1 timers.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Glad I missed this one

Well here's a replay of the game tonight...

giphy.gif

Reactions: UConn126 and compan

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Get this, Vegas does not have to expose a player to Seattle on side deal with Bettman announcers just said.They were explaining it bout something inside 5 years with Seattle joining .I dunno but heard that part.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Of our returning forwards, the only players who have met expectations IMO are Bergeron, Pastrnak and DeBrusk (and even Jake is on pace for just 36 points). Everyone else has underachieved. Marchand has been "good" but not the superstar he was last year. Krejci has just 2 goals. Backes has been a non-factor. Donato has been a disappointment. Bjork has been all tease. Heinen has been super snakebitten and has perhaps lost some confidence as well. With so many forwards underachieving, the loss of Bergeron is difficult to withstand. There is no magic fix to be found in terms of trades, short of trading by far our best offensive defenceman in Krug. The solution has to come from within. We have capable players who need to buck up and start scoring.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I was Bruins G M I would look to move him and add help up front.By doing it that way would still have money to sign a Stempniak as an example. Give his pp time to McAvoy .Put Grizz on other side feeding him 1 timers.

I’m up for anything that keeps both Donato and Bjork in Providence for the year. They need it badly. They aren’t NHL ready. Just NHL skilled.

Krug is the best trade chip. With Grez Lauzon and Urho I am comfortable moving him. The string of D injuries is bizarre and not the norm.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Last years team was

14-9-4 after 27 games

We are currently 14-9-4

Very similar to last year we where slammed with injuries in October and November than got healthy in mid December and turned it all around going on a torrid 22-3-3 streak

Last years core is still here and Z and Bergy are hopefully 14-21 days away

9 of our top 12 fowards remain from last year

Marchand
Bergeron
Pastrnak
DeBrusk
Krejci
Heinen
Kuraly
Acciari
Backes

Our entire top 6 D from last year remains in tack... Plus we upgraded our D with the addition of Moore

Chara
McAvoy
Krug
Carlo
Miller
Grzelyck

We upgraded at goalie with Halak

No reason this year team can’t go on another run like last year it may just start a week or 2 later than last years

Offense starts from the backend

Once we get Charlie back we will have one of him or Krug on the ice for probably 70% of the game help our break out game more and get better transition...We will have 5 very good NHL defensemen in our lineup every night in Carlo, Moore, Krug, McAvoy, Grzelyck fowards won’t have to worry about thinking as defensive minded to try and help the rookies and Ahlers we have been using on D

McAvoy will make a big difference and each day is a day closer to getting Z and Bergy in our lineup

We still our 3 points clear of a playoff spot

Keep the faith

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Last years team was

14-9-4 after 27 games

We are currently 14-9-4

Very similar to last year we where slammed with injuries in October and November than got healthy in mid December and turned it all around going on a torrid 22-3-3 streak

Marchand
Bergeron
Pastrnak
DeBrusk
Krejci
Heinen
Kuraly
Acciari
Backes

Our entire top 6 D from last year remains in tack... Plus we upgraded our D with the addition of Moore

Chara
McAvoy
Krug
Carlo
Miller
Grzelyck

No reason this year team can’t go on another run like last year it may just start a week or 2 later than last years

and unfortunately as we stand right now, it may end the same way. Or potentially in the first round to Toronto.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Last years team was

14-9-4 after 27 games

We are currently 14-9-4

Marchand
Bergeron
Pastrnak
DeBrusk
Krejci
Heinen
Kuraly
Acciari
Backes

Chara
McAvoy
Krug
Carlo
Miller
Grzelyck

Other teams are better this year though like Buffalo and Montreal as examples.Hey positive post though.Needed that.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014

I’m up for anything that keeps both Donato and Bjork in Providence for the year. They need it badly. They aren’t NHL ready. Just NHL skilled.

Krug is the best trade chip. With Grez Lauzon and Urho I am comfortable moving him. The string of D injuries is bizarre and not the norm.

Neither McAvoy nor Grizz is in Krug's league offensively though. Without Krug, we would lack a top end offensive defenceman. That doesn't sit well with me.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Last years team was

14-9-4 after 27 games

We are currently 14-9-4

Marchand
Bergeron
Pastrnak
DeBrusk
Krejci
Heinen
Kuraly
Acciari
Backes

Chara
McAvoy
Krug
Carlo
Miller
Grzelyck

That run last year was one of the best in recent Bruins history. It's not reasonable to expect them to even come close to duplicating that run last year form mid-Nov to mid-Feb again this year.

This team is projecting to score less than 200 goals. Crunch the numbers based on the production the first 1/3 of the season now over. No playoff team the last two seasons scored less than 212. Last year the lowest scoring Eastern playoff team scored 242 goals, the lowest out west was 235.

They are in big trouble with this offense. If this team doesn't start scoring more goals, it's not making the playoffs. Period.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Other teams are better this year though like Buffalo and Montreal as examples.Hey positive post though.Needed that.

I agree but we upgraded our D and G situation

Up front though we need to make a Rick Nash type trade hopefully it’s done well before the deadline this time though...get Bergy back and add a top9 player I think our forward situation will start to flow.

Reactions: Strafer

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
That run last year was one of the best in recent Bruins history. It's not reasonable to expect them to even come close to duplicating that run last year form mid-Nov to mid-Feb again this year.

This team is projecting to score less than 200 goals. Crunch the numbers based on the production the first 1/3 of the season now over. No playoff team the last two seasons scored less than 212. Last year the lowest scoring Eastern playoff team scored 242 goals, the lowest out west was 235.

They are in big trouble with this offense. If this team doesn't start scoring more goals, it's not making the playoffs. Period.

Last years team

74 goals after 27 games

This year

71 goals after 27 games

Not saying we will duplicate last years run.. but we will get players back.. we will be a better team with those players back... and we will start stringing together wins

Last edited:

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
i'm just so f***ing mad right now. Had a really rough day at work and then come home to watch this abysmal effort from a bunch of lazy millionaires. I'd rather see them lose 7-2 than 5-0 because at least then they'd have generated some offense.

This team will be better when healthy for sure, but Nordstrom playing out of position and up a line and none of the kids playing well enough to keep their spot is indicative that they have problems beyond just injuries. I'm not saying they're unfixable problems, but they need some tweaks for sure.

Anyway sorry to anyone I'm being extra argumentative with tonight, this day has sucked.

Reactions: Strafer

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Last years team

74 goals after 27 games

This year

71 goals after 27 games

Not saying we will duplicate last years run but we will get players back we will be a better team with those players back and we will start stringing together wins
this makes me feel a little better, but Nordstrom and Acciari on your "third" line is just gross and won't be solved by Bergeron coming back as that likely just bumps Cave back to the AHL. I'll be shocked if they go on a tear like that if they don't add at least one reliable forward.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Most of the time they use 4 forwards anyway.

Bergy, Marchand, Backes, Pasta McAvoy

Krejci, DeBrusk, 2of (Donato/Heinen/Bjork,/Whoever) and Grizz

CaperJay

Sep 27, 2016
Young guys need more development signe Stempniak and look for a trade for a Center but leave Donato and Bjork down for the year and round off there game I think they will be better in the long run for it

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Neither McAvoy nor Grizz is in Krug's league offensively though. Without Krug, we would lack a top end offensive defenceman. That doesn't sit well with me.
...and Krug isn't in their league Defensively. He coughs up the puck, gets overpowered and is out of position routinely.
That shot that Clifton took that hit the shaft of Luongo's stick was better than any shot that Krug had on the PP tonight.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
i'm just so ****ing mad right now. Had a really rough day at work and then come home to watch this abysmal effort from a bunch of lazy millionaires. I'd rather see them lose 7-2 than 5-0 because at least then they'd have generated some offense.

This team will be better when healthy for sure, but Nordstrom playing out of position and up a line and none of the kids playing well enough to keep their spot is indicative that they have problems beyond just injuries. I'm not saying they're unfixable problems, but they need some tweaks for sure.

Anyway sorry to anyone I'm being extra argumentative with tonight, this day has sucked.
At least they didn't draft that locker-room cancer named Barzal, now that would've sucked!:laugh::sarcasm:

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I would be very scared that our secondary scoring is the worst in the league.

Ryan Reeves 5 goals 9 points on Vegas 4th line would be 7th in points and 5th in goals.

The Bruins bottom 6 is beyond horrendous and there seems to be no chemistry, something needs to be done.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Last years team

74 goals after 27 games

This year

71 goals after 27 games

Not saying we will duplicate last years run but we will get players back we will be a better team with those players back and we will start stringing together wins

Right now Pasta projects to score 58 goals. He's not scoring that and he accounts for 19 of the 71 goals scored. And as scoring typically drops as the season progresses and it's at its highest early in the season, it's also reasonable to assume they won't get 142 goals in the their next 55 games.

Current projections based on each player playing 82 games

Pastrnak - 58

Marchand, Bergeron, Debrusk - 78

Nordstrom, Donato, Krejci, JFK, Backes, Wagner, Acciari, Cave, Bjork, Kuraly, Heinen - 54

D-corps (12 players) - 21 (Chara would account for 9 if the 21).

Total - 211

If the team, in particular the group of 11 forwards accounting for just 18 goals in the teams first 27 games, don't start finding ways to score goals, they are in huge trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad