BRUINS GDT GAME 27 7:07 PM - THE BEAR visits Fort Lauderdale - NESN, SN, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
f***ing kills me that they didn't go after Mike Hoffman who's putting up a point per game and on a 40 goal pace and could have been had for nothing but picks outside the 1st round.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
That run last year was one of the best in recent Bruins history. It's not reasonable to expect them to even come close to duplicating that run last year form mid-Nov to mid-Feb again this year.

This team is projecting to score less than 200 goals. Crunch the numbers based on the production the first 1/3 of the season now over. No playoff team the last two seasons scored less than 212. Last year the lowest scoring Eastern playoff team scored 242 goals, the lowest out west was 235.

They are in big trouble with this offense. If this team doesn't start scoring more goals, it's not making the playoffs. Period.
Whenever I get down on the offense, I think back to that 09-10 season, where Marco Sturm was the team's only 20 goal scorer. That cheers me up pretty quick. (at least until I remember how those playoffs went.)

We need another offensive threat up front if we want to truly compete and try to make a deep run, ideally at least 2. Not sure if the first add should be a 3C or 2W.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
****ing kills me that they didn't go after Mike Hoffman who's putting up a point per game and on a 40 goal pace and could have been had for nothing but picks outside the 1st round.

Forget Hoffman, Vatrano they gave them for a 3rd round pick and is on pace for 25 goals. His 8 goals would put him 4th on the Bruins.

They had no room for Vatrano but Noel Acciari has a job here still. A guy whose posted just 5 goals and 2 assists in his last 70 NHL games.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Agree and DK has one goal in is it 18 games now,hell im not sure they have a second line Center man either.

thats hilarious

Bruins fans got so spoiled having two legit #1C's for so long they wouldn't know a #2C if it hit them in the face

Krejci is one of the best #2C's in the league

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Forget Hoffman, Vatrano they gave them for a 3rd round pick and is on pace for 25 goals. His 8 goals would put him 4th on the Bruins.

They had no room for Vatrano but Noel Acciari has a job here still. A guy whose posted just 5 goals and 2 assists in his last 70 NHL games.
yeah that's another one for the "selling low" debate lol :sarcasm:

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont

playing top 6 minutes

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
****ing kills me that they didn't go after Mike Hoffman who's putting up a point per game and on a 40 goal pace and could have been had for nothing but picks outside the 1st round.

A

2nd, 4th, and 5th

Seems worth it for a guy who averages
28 Goals and 60 Points in his last 5 years

Would have been a huge get for us

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
thats hilarious

Bruins fans got so spoiled having two legit #1C's for so long they wouldn't know a #2C if it hit them in the face

Krejci is one of the best #2C's in the league
He was not so sure if he is anymore,or I guess we can blame his line mates,which defensively has warrant.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Remember when Krug had a lethal shot? Where did that go?

Out the door with several former Bruins.

#47 is one of the best offensive defensemen in the NHL. He does all he can in his own zone, too.

You cannot expect someone of his size, or skill set, to be something he's not. To me, he gives all he has.

The B's at present are a mess. Given all of the in house tinkering, and line changes to beat the band, they must look elsewhere. I love #33 & #37, but they can't right this ship on their own.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I tried to pvr this one, first time ever. Even went to get a new cable box to do it.

Recording didn’t work. Box then died on the reboot. Flipped on the ps4 to use the nhl app and saw the score immediately even though I’d turned off score notifications.

If that’s not the hockey gods telling me to find something else to do with my time I don’t what else to say.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
This is what I don’t get? Pasta (except for one game) and Marchand have sucked since Bergeron got hurt and people rarely say squat about them...or Krejci and his 19 games without a goal.

That’s about $21m right there.

Instead they bit** incessantly about Heinen, Acciari and others who added up don’t make $2.1m :laugh:

Maybe I can attempt at explaining. Even the top natural goal scorers go on goal scoring slumps furthermore Krejci is more of a playmaker then a goal scorer .
Also DK isn't getting any younger and has played lots of hockey and maybe his downturn is starting...who knows. Yet Dk has been a key and very important player for this franchise which made him earn his money
The two other players you mentioned are young ..one is junk and the other hasn't done squat for what seems an eternity. The closest they ever will get to making DK money is if DK lets them sniff it..
DK has been a true worthy player over a long career.
NA and DH have shown that they can excel in the AHL and aside from quite a good start from DH .... He has come to the realization of what the NHL really is and how the fourth line is very well where he may end up permanently at best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruinfanatic

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
upload_2018-12-5_0-6-27.jpeg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Notebook: No end in sight to Bruins’ offensive woes - The Boston Globe

Some interesting notes (emojis mine :laugh: )

Cassidy doesn’t expect him to play Thursday in Tampa. He has not been ruled out for this week, but that doesn’t mean McAvoy, who sat for the 20th consecutive game, will play. He remains on an indefinite, doctors-orders timeline.
“I’d like to tell you, ‘He’s looking at next, whatever,’ ” Cassidy said before puck drop. “It’s not like Z [Zdeno Chara] and Bergy [Bergeron] where they had a specific injury, they visited the doctor, they might be a little bit ahead. This one’s a little different that way.”

I guess he's just comparing it to McAvoy's situation but I'm still taking that as a positive. Yes, I am grasping at straws. :laugh:

Cassidy said officials apologized to Boston :eek: :amazed: after DeBrusk was called for a slash, a replay showing Colton Sceviour held his stick . . . David Backes, former St. Louis captain, on the challenge of facing the NHL-leading Lightning (21-7-1, 43 points) on Thursday “That’s why I’m glad we don’t play football. We don’t have to wait another week to get this going in the right direction. If you can’t get up for that one, you don’t belong here.” :popcorn:

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
Such a lack of O skills among F:

Acciari
Kuraly
Wagner
Cave
Nordstrom
Backes

Then the sophomore slumpers:

Heinen
Donato

The zero goal in 18 Krejci

That leaves Pasta, Marchand and DeBrusk. And they were not good tonight.

No surprise they got 0 goal.

It is what? 4-5 times this year?

Skill is needed. Wake up Cassidy. Sit some of these no hands grinders.

To be fair none of the kids have looked good enough to really separate themselves from the likes of Acciari, Kuraly etc. There is no sufficient skill player to insert into the line up and thats on Sweeney not Cassidy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad