Post-Game Talk: GAME 26 - YUCK!!!!!! Detroit 4 BRUINS 2 FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
pretty simple.
we have plenty of defense and prospects. gotta deal some for a legit forward.
gotta do it or this year is lost

Reactions: Blowfish

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Believe me I’m not looking for penalties but to miss one in the dying minute..
PP wasn’t really booming tho anyhow

Transition game sloppy

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The biggest issue is simply that the offense is not good at finishing other than the usual players. What's scary is that a good amount of the depth scoring was not brought back this season. Incredible goaltending and some good D by the backups has masked the glaring issue by keeping the Bs afloat. If some of these guys don't step up soon then it's time to start making moves.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
So if your window is now with Bergeron, Marchand and Krejci only getting older, what do you do? Do you go out and get this year’s version of Rick Nash?

You almost need to do that and make another’s move at forward to have a shot at knocking off Tampa, no?

And if it doesn’t work out, you reassess then.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Cehlarik has been average and Frederic was hurt. He’s supposed to play tomorrow after missing the last couple of weeks.
Cehlarik hasn't even been given a chance to play for the Bs this season. Looked great in the preseason. Don't care what he does in the AHL. Only care what he does in the NHL.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I really thought at least one of the Bruins young wingers (Donato, Bjork, Heinen, or even Senyshyn) would take the next step this year but it just hasn't happened.

Are Cehlarik and Frederic healthy? I don't understand why we haven't seen them thrown into the mix.

ive given up hope on them recalling cehlarik.
seems they like only scoring 1 goal a game.
they gotta try something different.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Man huge influx of the “this team is pathetic and soft” posters after the game is over. Would you guys have stopped by if they won?

For the record, I wouldn’t mind some size additions, but I think this team pushes backs more than is being implied.

What's wrong stating the blatantly obvious? We want to win. Not get punked by teams like detroit

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Thay have to consider moving Krug to help upfront. I see no other option to get the type of player we need that will make any difference up front.

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I almost want to say that, depending on where we are, you put the first rounder on the table again. But that will be a real tough pill to swallow unless the team ends up making some serious noise.

I’ve got to think that these defensive prospects have some real value though. Any move isn’t going to be an easy one (especially if we’re talking pure rental), but you either go for it or you don’t IMO. Chiarelli always tried to play deadlines super conservatively after the Recchi and Peveley transactions and it always seemed hopeless.

Not looking for another Brian Rolston or Jay Pandolfo type move.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Thay have to consider moving Krug to help upfront. I see no other option to get the type of player we need that will make any difference up front.

they will have to. it wont hurt us defensively.
i wouldnt be against it

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Weak argument, pathetic really. One forward who can hit and fight would help but considering we have such hard core gritty "scorers" like Heinen taking up spots I'm sure you are happy

Our "gritty" guys can't fight, and our soft skill guys can't score.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Marshy-bergy-pasta
Debrusk-krejci-xxxxxx
Donato-xxxxxx-xxxxxx
Wagner-cave-backes
Acciari

Kuraly heinen Nordstrom get rid of!

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
This x1000 . With what I have seen from Gryz and Lauzon ,when Mac and Chara get back its time . We need scoring help not Miller , Gryz or Lauzon scratched .

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
With a healthy Bergeron, Chara and McAvoy, does this feel like a team that can beat Tampa and advance to the conference finals?

I’m not sure if they’re trending up, down or straight ahead.

While the defense is getting younger, it feels like the forwards are getting older.

It’s worrisome.

It’s very worrisome.
They couldn’t last year,so why would they be able this year.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The biggest issue is simply that the offense is not good at finishing other than the usual players. What's scary is that a good amount of the depth scoring was not brought back this season. Incredible goaltending and some good D by the backups has masked the glaring issue by keeping the Bs afloat. If some of these guys don't step up soon then it's time to start making moves.

Schaller and Riley Nash have combined for just 1 goal and 7 assist in 50 games for their new teams.

The guys they brought in Wagner and Nordstrom have 6 goals and 2 assists in 47 combined.

Schaller and Nash being let go is not the issue with this teams lack of scoring ability.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Schaller and Riley Nash have combined for just 1 goal and 7 assist in 50 games for their new teams.

The guys they brought in Wagner and Nordstrom have 6 goals and 2 assists in 47 combined.

Schaller and Nash being let go is not the issue with this teams lack of scoring ability.

I was also trying to understand what depth scoring that poster was referring to.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
that was some ugly stuff tonight. my bright side was that i thought donato and heinen had good games.
heinen is around the puck, making lots of good plays, but guy can't buy a goal. donato looked like the guy
from last year with the adrenaline boost and getting after it in dirty areas. good for nordstrom for stepping
up and fighting witkowski - that dude is a maniac. wake me up when bergy and mcavoy are back, and
they add some more offense via trade.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Bergeron or no Bergeron, it's just a bad forward group, period.
Bergeron is the only forward injured, so what you see is what you get up front. They need some experience and goal scorers added to this forward group. The missing dmen, less McAvoy won’t add much to the offence. Move some of those young guys and get some scoring, needed ASAP.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

That does make me nervous.

But his point totals on the back end would hold a lot of value. Not sure who would be available to match that value though.

Maybe Chiarelli would make some huge overpayment for him...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad