Post-Game Talk: GAME 26 - YUCK!!!!!! Detroit 4 BRUINS 2 FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
With a healthy Bergeron, Chara and McAvoy, does this feel like a team that can beat Tampa and advance to the conference finals?

I’m not sure if they’re trending up, down or straight ahead.

While the defense is getting younger, it feels like the forwards are getting older.

It’s worrisome.

It’s very worrisome.

Reactions: Lord Ahriman

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I saw a post in the GDT saying that Bergeron is the B’s only forward out, and that the D being injured will not help the Bottom 6 score.

I strongly disagree.

When all the D are healthy, it absolutely affects ALL the F lines. When the D are not your regulars, the F’s are cognizant of it, they typically come down deeper in the zone and concern themselves more with D than they typically would.

When the F’s don’t trust the D, they are going to be more conservative. It also has a huge effect on the breakout (Cassidy just addressed this in his post game comments).

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
With a healthy Bergeron, Chara and McAvoy, does this feel like a team that can beat Tampa and advance to the conference finals?

While the defense is getting younger, it feels like the forwards are getting older.

It’s worrisome.

It’s very worrisome.
No. This team even healthy doesn’t get out of the first round. They’re built for October, not April.

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
I really thought at least one of the Bruins young wingers (Donato, Bjork, Heinen, or even Senyshyn) would take the next step this year but it just hasn't happened.

Are Cehlarik and Frederic healthy? I don't understand why we haven't seen them thrown into the mix.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

It’s worrisome.

It’s very worrisome.

It’s hard to believe they’re trending up.

I would think it’s more straight ahead. Defense is developing nicely while the offensive development is pretty stagnant.

That being said, I almost believe making noise is possible with a healthy Bergeron considering we are still winning some games (albeit low scoring) with injuries.

You never know, but there’s no doubt Sweeney should be buying and prospects should be on the table.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Yes he's on a cold streak but hard to see Heinen as more than a 3rd Line PP2 player. Couldnt keep up with Debrusk/Krejci tonight

Reactions: Blowfish

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I saw a post in the GDT saying that Bergeron is the B’s only forward out, and that the D being injured will not help the Bottom 6 score.

I strongly disagree.

When all the D are healthy, it absolutely affects ALL the F lines. When the D are not your regulars, the F’s are cognizant of it, they typically come down deeper in the zone and concern themselves more with D than they typically would.

When the F’s don’t trust the D, they are going to be more conservative. It also has a huge effect on the breakout (Cassidy just addressed this in his post game comments).
You're right, McAvoy and Chara help the offense and power play but it isnt enough.

Reactions: wintersej

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Man, the GDT’s getting shut down right after the game ends is tough.

I’ve always seem to have at least two arguments going with posters in the waning moments of the game. Win or lose.

I’m only 30 too. I wonder if I’ll agree with anyone on anything by the time I make it to 40.

No. I’m turning 50 this year and it gets worse

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

It’s worrisome.

It’s very worrisome.
This team as constructed, assuming everyone is healthy, has very little chance against Tampa, and next to no chance against the Caps in a seven game series. If a mediocre team like Detroit can come into Boston and push the team around, then I'm pretty sure things won't look so good against the elite in the East.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Man huge influx of the “this team is pathetic and soft” posters after the game is over. Would you guys have stopped by if they won?

For the record, I wouldn’t mind some size additions, but I think this team pushes backs more than is being implied.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I really thought at least one of the Bruins young wingers (Donato, Bjork, Heinen, or even Senyshyn) would take the next step this year but it just hasn't happened.

Are Cehlarik and Frederic healthy? I don't understand why we haven't seen them thrown into the mix.
It's more fun to keep doing the same stupid shit over and over and expecting different results.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Is there any prospects that have any snarl down on the farm? Looks like DS has built a very good future for the D going forward but the forward group looks like thin pickings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad