GDT: Game #26 of the season Ducks visit Coyotes 9:30 PM ET on 11 - 27 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I have to admit, I do really appreciate the way Sam Steel plays.
He seems undersized at times. But I think his skating has got better. In next 2-3 years he should get the optimal strenght and be a much better player. He`s a bit crafty, sees the ice well and is really smart. But he`s never gonna be too physical. He seems to be poised to be a playmaking version of Henrique (thoughts?)

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Terry is directly responsible for 4 of the last 6 goals

Define directly responsible? Involved in the play, certainly but him being in the slot when there’s a weird bounce doesn’t make him directly responsible. Unless you think there are multiple players directly responsible for every goal(which doesn’t make sense).

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Terry had a goal, a post shot, is a known shootout performer (Olympics), and was a case or riding the hot hand. Getzlaf has the best shot on the team. Steel, I dunno. I would have had him going about 10th. Kase was also reasonable. Silfverberg hasn’t been worthwhile in the shootout since 2017. Rakell is also meh. It’s not like we have good choices.

:dunno:

Steel may have been picked based on the PS last season. I also don’t get the Getzy criticism, historically he is a pretty good shootout guy - I wanna say he converts on around 35-40% of his shots but I’m too lazy to check.

Edit: I checked - he’s at 35%. Only Silfverberg (41.7%) and Kase (40%) are higher and Silfverberg has been garbage since 2016-2017 - he’s 1 for 13 his last 13 attempts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ducks DVM

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s a little disappointing because they have played well enough to win these games and got this one to a SO, which at that point, It’s a skills competition. Killing off that 4 on 3 was huge. Man, if Terry scores there in OT this place would have erupted.

But when Terry scored in the 3rd, (which was an awesome goal and hopefully builds his confidence), they should have sealed that game up right there.

They need to fix the PP and likely need outside help along with better execution. Buffalo is free falling and think one of their offensive RHD could be had for cheaper now.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
pretty sloppy and boring game, but at least we got a point. Man, we suck at SO's... both offensively and Gibson.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
It’s a little disappointing because they have played well enough to win these games and got this one to a SO, which at that point, It’s a skills competition. Killing off that 4 on 3 was huge. Man, if Terry scores there in OT this place would have erupted.

But when Terry scored in the 3rd, (which was an awesome goal and hopefully builds his confidence), they should have sealed that game up right there.

They need to fix the PP and likely need outside help along with better execution. Buffalo is free falling and think one of their offensive RHD could be had for cheaper now.

Yeah it was really frustrating that we essentially lose the game off a fluke bounce that got the Yotes to overtime. 9 times out of 10 Lindholm either gets out of the way or that deflects harmlessly somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad