GDT: Game #26 New MuthaFu*&@ing era Canucks host Kings 7pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Excited and nervous to see how the team comes out. Hoping they have 1/10th the energy this board does - if they do, this game will be a lot of fun.

Not expecting a ton to change in deployment this first game since it’s Boudreau’s first day on the job. But hopefully the players are up for this one.

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
I'm excited to see how the players respond.

I hope we don't have what happened in MTL where a fan threw a jersey on the ice after they had already canned Bergevin and hired Gorton. The time for positivity has come again, no need to continue dumping on the players, the target (management) is finally gone.

Totally agree. It’s going to take time to heal, and the destination isn’t guaranteed, but all the negativity had a purpose and it’s done. I’m finally willing to be patient again let’s hope good decisions get made.

Reactions: Indiana

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

GO Canucks go

likash

Apr 17, 2019
The last game i cheered for a Canuck win was when the Sedins retired and before that, it was the playoff series vs the Flames in 2015. It feels good to be back. Dim has alienated a lot of canuck fans in the past seven years.

Let's crush the queens tonight. :D

Last edited:

Hemty

"Magni Consili Angelus"
Jan 14, 2015
Riga
soundcloud.com
I am sure it won’t last long… the next thing we can/will argue about is who should be POHO & GM. Already reading mixed opinions…. Should be good for a full on meltdown.
Sure, and that will always be the case. Im just enjoying these moments, knowing how the internet is full of anger and ****.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Sure, and that will always be the case. Im just enjoying these moments, knowing how the internet is full of anger and ****.
I hear you. I am just happy/relieved that aqua finally pulled the trigger. I’ll probably be fine with almost anyone at this point (except chiarelli/ Rutherford). We were in dire need of change.

Hemty

"Magni Consili Angelus"
Jan 14, 2015
Riga
soundcloud.com
I hear you. I am just happy/relieved that aqua finally pulled the trigger. I’ll probably be fine with almost anyone at this point (except chiarelli/ Rutherford). We were in dire need of change.
I just don't want anyone inexperienced. Those you listed are a no-go for me too + Chayka.
Yeah change was needed, but its kinda sad it took the in-arena-fans pressuring this much for something to happen.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I'm going to guess that Boudreau just tells them to go out and play. Forget everything except your basic assignments as wingers, centers and D-men and just play.

I wonder how much of a load that will take off the players?

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Don't want to tank. f*** Shane Wright and a top 10 overall pick right now. Just want to see an exciting game with a W.

Feels so good to root for wins.

Reactions: MS

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Inspirational speech for BB.
Gentlemen, Listen up.
You know why I am here, there is no sense in dragging this out
I m here for rest of this and next year.
Chances for the playoffs are slim
Some of you will not be here by the start of next year so that being the case;
Consider the games you play going forward now as auditions for this and other teams
If you play hard enough contending teams will want to add you to their playoff push.
Play harder and get better teams phoning about you
Talk to your agents about if you want to be here but there will be changes regardless
Without practice there will not be much time to set a system but hard work does not need
a system to see effort on the ice.
Show you care, show you have drive, earn your paycheck and work to get a better deal next contract
Find within yourself a reason to step it up, give your best every night, if you think you did then you will
have success.
Play hard, play smart, play inspired, don't turn away from a check fight through it,
If you want to stay play harder, if you want to move to a team you might want, play even harder
Make yourself more valuable.

Cheeks Clapinski

Sep 26, 2017
Day 1 PBE (post Benning era) lets kick start it with a win!

Also will be nice to see the video tribute for Edler

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Don't want to tank. f*** Shane Wright and a top 10 overall pick right now. Just want to see an exciting game with a W.

Feels so good to root for wins.
Weren't all those games over the last 7 years exciting? They won every now and then. Shane Wright might not be the one this draft, that Russian kid is dynamic, the gem looked to be Bedard next draft year.
Besides they don't need to tank, they are there already

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
I'm going to go out of my way to watch the game tonight. Don't even care about the result, win/loss/blowout, it doesn't matter, I'm feeling the excitement of a new start. Kind of have a similar feeling of anticipation to watching the first ever playoff game back when I was a kid.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Excited and nervous to see how the team comes out. Hoping they have 1/10th the energy this board does - if they do, this game will be a lot of fun.

Not expecting a ton to change in deployment this first game since it’s Boudreau’s first day on the job. But hopefully the players are up for this one.
Coming off the heels of the Wetcoaster thread, it's nice to see a lot of the OG posters checking in. And now there's the opportunity for a fresh start for all.

Very interested to see how the players react and how their set up and overall offensive flow improves over the next 5-10 games under Boudreau!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca