Status
Not open for further replies.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I'll say the same thing, but not quite the same:

First step to rid this franchise of the nearly-decade long STENCH of Benning has been taken. Do what you must, team.

Do what you must.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
NO MORE CHIASSON ON THE PP1!!!!
Justin Dowling on the 3rd line.. only 2 NHL LHD on this roster.. Those 2 issues are a bigger problem than who stands in front of the net on the PP.

We need to get Boudreau some better players. Not better, how about more players because Hunt, Lammikko have been stapled to the press-box. Their replacements who are Burroughs and Dowling are nothing to brag about either. Anybody with 300+ NHL games available? That's our issue, lack of depth.

There's about 10-11 players out of 21 that can score goals. Personnel-wise, we start short-handed against average+ teams.

We need to call-up players and start claiming because we have 6~ non-NHLers on a 23 man roster.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Whether by plan or just a fluke, Boudreau's first game is one of those scheduled wins. LA just played last night so it is the 2nd of a back to back.

All the changes should bring out a good effort.

Still, Vancouver doesn't have the right mix or depth at defence.
Can you imagine him putting Hughes out to kill penalties? To move those giants to him, out from the front of the net.

I don't think BB will have had enough time to put his stamp on a style of play for awhile yet and he doesn't get much practice time either with the Canucks now hitting one of the hardest parts of their schedule pretty much playing every second day.

LA by 2 Hughes can't handle Brown, Kopitar or Kempe or Schenn with their foot speed

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
I'm going to say 6-3 Vancouver. Probably a pretty sloppy game with lots of shots on goal. But entertaining hockey for once.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
For those of you that are gonna attened the game tmrw.
PLEASE cheer as loud as you can, the players deserve better imho.

Reactions: wonton15

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Whether by plan or just a fluke, Boudreau's first game is one of those scheduled wins. LA just played last night so it is the 2nd of a back to back.

All the changes should bring out a good effort.

Still, Vancouver doesn't have the right mix or depth at defence.
Can you imagine him putting Hughes out to kill penalties? To move those giants to him, out from the front of the net.

I don't think BB will have had enough time to put his stamp on a style of play for awhile yet and he doesn't get much practice time either with the Canucks now hitting one of the hardest parts of their schedule pretty much playing every second day.

LA by 2 Hughes can't handle Brown, Kopitar or Kempe or Schenn with their foot speed
Boudreau is going to watch this team play and wonder what the hell Green's "system" was

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Man it feels good to actually care about this team's players and prospects for the first time in very, very long time

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I have yet to see anyone even attempt a full description of Travis Green's system as a coach.
Right?

I've been saying the same thing, I have yet to read or watch anyone's analysis on what the system is and how it's supposed to be effective. I've seen breakdowns in the past about AV's system and ditto with Torts.

Reactions: bh53

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
woo-yeah.gif

pumped-woooo.gif

19d5b828fe6b2a4a509deab6263aad0f_w200.gif

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Let's go!

By the way, Boudreau looks like a big ol' teddy bear and that's what he'll be referred to as from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad