Pre-Game Talk: Game 26: Habs vs. Rangers Saturday, Dec. 1st at 7PM, SN, TVAS

Outcome of Habs vs. Rags?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs on a 5-game winless skid, even though they notched 2 ties.

The Canes game was brutal where they saw only one shot get in for a goal, out of 49. A long break between games, we need to look forward to the next one.

This guy has been getting lambasted in GDTs:

Remember when lehkonen first came with the habs? We called him LeCannon! That nick name faded away quickly, his finish completely disappeared.

I'd like to fire him out of a cannon

gV6WGPF.gif

The spotlight's on you, Lehky. TGS wants to blast you off into space.

AHLzner, the guy who used to be this forum's favorite scapegoat, is on other pursuits.

quesYN6.gif

What to expect? Will they bounce back against the Rags?

Also, Byron may be returning to the lineup:

If Byron is back on Saturday, who gets sent down?

Still bored? Take the poll!

Poll closes Friday, nidnight.

Last edited:

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Agostino or Chaput sent down?

Based on L10 record, I'd say Rags will most likely come out the gate stronger.

Last edited:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
2-1 for us in a goaltender duel.

Max and Kotka with the goals.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Among the analysts in the NHL, it's always been that by the US Thanksgiving, it's a a pretty good indication of who may be playoff bound. Figures it is at that time we were in a WC position, but then started plummeting...

IMO, Rangers, despite their position, are not a great team either and we should win which means we won't.

Reactions: Forum93 and ArsHabs

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Among the analysts in the NHL, it's always been that by the US Thanksgiving, it's a a pretty good indication of who may be playoff bound. Figures it is at that time we were in a WC position, but then started plummeting...

IMO, Rangers, despite their position, are not a great team either and we should win which means we won't.

That's been a thing for awhile but when you look at the standings this year.. I think it's obvious that it's too tight for that cut off to be an indication of much.

Only St Louis and LA look like guaranteed play off no shows.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Pens will be back in playoffs by the end of the season if Murray gets his mojo back pretty sure of that. They have holes but not big enough to miss the playoffs imo. I think Buffalo is the real deal this year they have a playoffs team on paper and on paper definitely a better team than us. If the Pens get back on track and Buffalo keeps the pace it leaves one spot for NYR, Carolina, Mtl, NYI and the rest.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Pens will be back in playoffs by the end of the season if Murray gets his mojo back pretty sure of that. They have holes but not big enough to miss the playoffs imo. I think Buffalo is the real deal this year they have a playoffs team on paper and on paper definitely a better team than us. If the Pens get back on track and Buffalo keeps the pace it leaves one spot for NYR, Carolina, Mtl, NYI and the rest.
So you're pretty sure Pittsburgh will make the playoffs, but you're unsure whether Murray will get his mojo back.

So you're uncertain right?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
So you're pretty sure Pittsburgh will make the playoffs, but you're unsure whether Murray will get his mojo back.

So you're uncertain right?

I said Pens will be back in playoffs IF
[...]
IF Murray gets his mojo back
[...]
IF the Pens get back

Don't know about English but in french any statement with if means you're not sure.

The pretty sure part refers to Murray getting his mojo back which as the 2nd statement suggest i'm not sure of. Right now he's arguably the worst number 1 in the league by a landslide. Even Price is not close to being as bad as he has been this season. i.e. Pens have a good team and if the goalie is average they'll be in the playoffs. Or they could just continue icing DeSmith he's doing the job so far.

Last edited:

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Pens will be back in playoffs by the end of the season if Murray gets his mojo back pretty sure of that.

The thing is that asides from his magnificant playoff runs, he never had much mojo in the first place so I'm not so certain about that. A lot of his regular season struggles are probably injury related, but with him going back onto long term IR with a LBI (Groin or Knee?) it looks like a longshot he's suddenly going to bounce back this year (or even be back at all), so I wouldn't pencil him in as the catalyst for a big Pens' winning streak.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I hope the only reason guys like Benn/Schlemko are playing over Reilly and now Mete is to "showcase" them for a trade as opposed to scratching them. Otherwise, makes zero sense to scratch Mete after he played very well the last two games.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Send mete to laval or waive D Lo

I like Chaput he is underrated. He is energetic he is gonna score eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad