Pre-Game Talk: Game 26: Habs vs. Rangers Saturday, Dec. 1st at 7PM, SN, TVAS

Outcome of Habs vs. Rags?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You forgot to mention 2 points from 12th but that doesn't get the likes moving around these parts, eh?

Damn stats on small sample sizes or where a greater context is needed. We should always be on the lookout.

Sometimes we do it inadvertently though, not everyone has an agenda.

Reactions: groovejuice

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Way too early to use that as a metric for anything. Just use points like a normal person. Nice try tho :laugh:

You were just fishing for likes which is fine.
So this whole post basically means "you were right and I was wrong". Thought so.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah it's too early to really be standing watching. It does speak to how good our start was that even after getting our asses kicked for two weeks we're still within striking distance of top 10.

We need more separation so that the trendlines are more reliable. I guess there are some things one can bring out near the quarter mark but on some others, it becomes more tenuous.

No disrespect to TGS or any other poster using this season's stats to date -- it happens to a lot of posters, I don't think most are intending to mislead. We should all be paying more attention to context.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Julien is destroying the youth, one move at a time. Hudon isn't getting enough minutes when time is ticking down, or on special teams. Getting tired of Leks, he's a full-on Plekanec clone out there, now they are just applauding him for hard work and neglecting his inability to put the puck in the net, but he's getting crucial minutes when we need a goal.

Julien is destroying the youth or do you just want Hudon to play more than Lehkonen? I think you're forgetting who is the younger player.

These nonsensical hyperbolic posts are weird.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
IM ENRAGED! UPPER CASE LETTERS COMIC SANS RAGE! IM IN SUCH RAGE ITS LUDICROUS! PRICE, I KNOW YOURE READING THIS, PUT THE $%#)@! WHITE PADS ON THIS TIME AROUND okay, I've calmed down..NO IM NOT!

Reactions: ECWHSWI and cphabs

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Yeah it's too early to really be standing watching. It does speak to how good our start was that even after getting our asses kicked for two weeks we're still within striking distance of top 10.

There’s essentially no separation from the worst in the conference and where we are and you’re saluting them and talking about them like they belong in the top 10.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think Mike Reilly has done the same thing Jordie did when he first arrived. Benn looked great and everyone thought he was something better than what he actually was, exact same thing with Mike Reilly. These professional coaches sit this guy, a guy who skates really well...why?
There is a reason Minnesota gave him away...he simply is barely NHL material...yes this will play itself out.

Chadstudsky

Nov 19, 2008
Ottawa
Dont know where to post this but I've got 2 tickets to the san Jose game Sunday, can't make it. Face value 192$ for the pair selling for 130$ (33% off) in the whites

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I think Mike Reilly has done the same thing Jordie did when he first arrived. Benn looked great and everyone thought he was something better than what he actually was, exact same thing with Mike Reilly. These professional coaches sit this guy, a guy who skates really well...why?
There is a reason Minnesota gave him away...he simply is barely NHL material...yes this will play itself out.

I think Benn is still an above average third pairing guy, he just is out of his element playing on the first pairing. Reilly needs to be given an extended look with Weber before we can say whether or not he can hang with him. We don't really have any better options either, so its worth a try.

Reactions: Tyson

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Fair lol. Then again a game like the one against Carolina is misleading. We played well their goalie jut had one of those games and we missed chances. I do agree with your point tho. It really is never an easy win lol.

Habs dominated carolina but missed on all their grade a scoring chances

Reactions: Forum93

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Among the analysts in the NHL, it's always been that by the US Thanksgiving, it's a a pretty good indication of who may be playoff bound. Figures it is at that time we were in a WC position, but then started plummeting...

IMO, Rangers, despite their position, are not a great team either and we should win which means we won't.
Rangers were tanking......yet doing as well as the Canadiens are .

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Pens will be back in playoffs by the end of the season if Murray gets his mojo back pretty sure of that. They have holes but not big enough to miss the playoffs imo. I think Buffalo is the real deal this year they have a playoffs team on paper and on paper definitely a better team than us. If the Pens get back on track and Buffalo keeps the pace it leaves one spot for NYR, Carolina, Mtl, NYI and the rest.
I figured the Pens would be back in play offs too. But every time I watch them play, the goaltending loses them another game.

They play great and lose. Eventually those losses become too costly.

The two back up goalies are just not NHL caliber.

And Murray is made of glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad