GDT: Game 26: Columbus at Tampa Bay | 12/6 7PM EST

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
He was gassed :)

Johansen is always gassed, I think he's out of shape and 15 pounds overweight. Sure he can stick handle in a phone booth and is getting his points, but he looks slow and tired most of the time and isn't dangerous and carrying the play out there like an elite center should be. Perhaps no training camp is catching up to him. Clearly Richards is not happy with his game either.

Last edited:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Kind of hard to be outraged about the empty net - the other stuff is far more important. Curious where he was in his shift when that happened. Could simply be that he was out of gas, could be that he was indecisive about passing it ahead. Who knows.

The puck was really bouncing around on him which is a wishy washy excuse, I know. Looked like he just tried to direct it on goal.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
5 more wins puts us on an 8 game streak but still leaves us with a sub-.500 record

Good that the teams in our division have been losing. NYR are only 1 game over .500 and are in the 3rd spot.

The Jackets are making progress. Before the 3 straight wins, the CBJ were something like 10-12 points out. Now just 6...
Our season definitely isn't over just yet.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
The Jackets are making progress. Before the 3 straight wins, the CBJ were something like 10-12 points out. Now just 6...
Our season definitely isn't over just yet.

In fact, 8 points.
The CBJ need 72 points in their last 56
games to have any chance of making the
playoffs. That's like 33-17-6. Anyone who
thinks this team has a realistic chance of
making the playoffs at this point is living in
fantasy world.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
In fact, 8 points.
fantasy world.

Just as this team has had 6 and 9 game losing streaks they are capable of running a pretty good streak in the other direction. See end of last two seasons as examples.

Realistic? Probably not. Possible? Definitely.

In the Jackets favor Metro is weak. May not take 96 pts. Last year 93 got them a wild card. Bad news is 93 may get third in Metro but is looking a bit thin for the wild card.

Oh, and just to be completely honest, this team is also capable of tossing in another (or 2) 5+ game losing streak to offset the recent flurry of success.

One thing for sure is nothing is for sure with this team.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
In fact, 8 points.
fantasy world.

Must be so fun having that pessimistic of a view :shakehead

This team has gone on monster runs like the ones you mentioned twice already. I know they're capable of doing it. Another thing, we have one best goalies in the league. His name is Sergei Bobrovsky. Maybe you've heard of him? When Bob is playing, the Jackets ALWAYS have a chance.

So, yeah, how about just taking it game by game, and day by day, rather than calculating what this team's record will have to be to get in the playoffs?
Nobody knows what will happen. Just enjoy the games.

Last edited:

dnmccoy

Nov 18, 2013
Columbus
So its probably going to end up where we just barely miss out on the playoffs AND one of the monster draft picks :(

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
In fact, 8 points.
fantasy world.

Last edited:

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Guys these would be my lines when we get fully healthy.
Hartnell-Johansen-Foligno
dubinsky-Jenner-Atkinson
rychel-anisimov-letestu
calvert-gibbons-skille

Johnson-tyutin
murray-Savard
leapold-Wisniewski

What do you think?

Id rather see combos that work stay together maybe something like:
Hartnell Johansen Foligno :)yo:)
Calvert Dubinsky Atkinson (line was great last year)
Rychel Anisimov Jenner (Jenner and kerby:naughty:)
Letestu Chaput Skille (basically a third line)
Gibbons
JMFJ Tyutin
murray savvy
leo Wiz

Johansen and anisimov can switch if one struggles and needs to get going but other than that id keep the lines

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
As for the Johanson talk. The success he had early racking up points in the first 5 games made it look like missing camp was a good thing for him.

When Richards was using him for 22:00 a night sometimes back to back, he hit a wall that I still don't think he has quite recovered from.

Richards after the Thursday Panthers game told Portzline that Joey wasn't winning draws. That was code for, his effort sucked the past few games.

I noticed in the Panthers games that Joey's intensity had dropped to a new low. I know that when he is at his best he doesn't always look intense - but i am talking about something else. Like sleepwalking - being behind the play in both ends. Tonight I didn't notice that, so maybe Richards has given him a jolt.

I have noticed this too. He doesn't have to go 100 mph all over the ice, but has looked a bit disinterested in the past couple of weeks. It could just be the wall he has hit or he could be moping a little. He looked better last night and hopefully this is past him.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
As for the Johanson talk. The success he had early racking up points in the first 5 games made it look like missing camp was a good thing for him.

When Richards was using him for 22:00 a night sometimes back to back, he hit a wall that I still don't think he has quite recovered from.

Richards after the Thursday Panthers game told Portzline that Joey wasn't winning draws. That was code for, his effort sucked the past few games.

Yeah...Ryjo will be fine. Everything's ****ed up right now due to injuries. Hard to judge anyone in this organization under the current conditions. The @FLA game was only game in last 8 he was under .500 on Faceoffs. He averaged 21 minutes per night in the 3 games in 4 night span last weekend and probably hit a wall. He started on Skille/Rychel line last night, so 1st line center with 3rd/4th line wingers who had a total of 7 goals in the NHL before last night (not this year, but in their entire NHL careers).:laugh:

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Yeah...Ryjo will be fine. Everything's ****ed up right now due to injuries. Hard to judge anyone in this organization under the current conditions. The @FLA game was only game in last 8 he was under .500 on Faceoffs. He averaged 21 minutes per night in the 3 games in 4 night span last weekend and probably hit a wall. He started on Skille/Rychel line last night, so 1st line center with 3rd/4th line wingers who had a total of 7 goals in the NHL before last night (not this year, but in their entire NHL careers).:laugh:

Skille has 28 NHL goals.

Tonysil

Jan 1, 2013
Springfield, MA
As for the Johanson talk.

Good thing that this is unprecedented, and it doesn't show it might just be in his DNA. A lot of guys might get a day off for that.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Just as this team has had 6 and 9 game losing streaks they are capable of running a pretty good streak in the other direction. See end of last two seasons as examples.

Realistic? Probably not. Possible? Definitely.

In the Jackets favor Metro is weak. May not take 96 pts. Last year 93 got them a wild card. Bad news is 93 may get third in Metro but is looking a bit thin for the wild card.

Oh, and just to be completely honest, this team is also capable of tossing in another (or 2) 5+ game losing streak to offset the recent flurry of success.

One thing for sure is nothing is for sure with this team.

Completely irrelevant to current situation IMO.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Completely irrelevant to current situation IMO.

How so? Are you saying the injuries will prevent it? I think we had injuries during both of those drives.

While obviously those two examples will have nothing to do with what happens this season it does show that such rallies are possible.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Id rather see combos that work stay together maybe something like:
Hartnell Johansen Foligno :)yo:)
Calvert Dubinsky Atkinson (line was great last year)
Rychel Anisimov Jenner (Jenner and kerby:naughty:)
Letestu Chaput Skille (basically a third line)
Gibbons
JMFJ Tyutin
murray savvy
leo Wiz

Johansen and anisimov can switch if one struggles and needs to get going but other than that id keep the lines

Arty will still be out for a lot longer, but in the meantime we could run some solid lines.

Foligno - Joey - ------
Calvert - Dubinsky - Atkinson
Rychel - Jenner - -------
Tropp - Chaput - Skille

These are combos with chemistry. To add to that I'd like to try Letestu up front and Hartnell with Rychel and Jenner.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Arty will still be out for a lot longer, but in the meantime we could run some solid lines.

Foligno - Joey - ------
Calvert - Dubinsky - Atkinson
Rychel - Jenner - -------
Tropp - Chaput - Skille

These are combos with chemistry. To add to that I'd like to try Letestu up front and Hartnell with Rychel and Jenner.

Thats what I would do as well. Rychel-Jenner-Hartnell is sure to cause some havoc on the ice. And im sure Letestu would be a good fit on the first, I just don't see TR putting him there.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
How so? Are you saying the injuries will prevent it? I think we had injuries during both of those drives.

While obviously those two examples will have nothing to do with what happens this season it does show that such rallies are possible.

I agree it's possible, I just don't put much stock into what previous teams have done. Those teams ultimately showed grit, this team has yet to do that. Actually this team has shown just about the opposite so far. This the same team in name only as far as I'm concerned.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I agree it's possible, I just don't put much stock into what previous teams have done. Those teams ultimately showed grit, this team has yet to do that. Actually this team has shown just about the opposite so far. This the same team in name only as far as I'm concerned.

I'm the guy who has been complaining the most about the Mackenzie debacle since before it happened, and complaining about Jarmo dismantling the character of the squad, but even I think that our personnel changes have at most moved us halfway back to average when it comes to heart, character, grit, etc... The injuries have been a bigger factor but even with all that I don't think we are below average when it comes to the character elements.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad