GDT: Game 26: Columbus at Tampa Bay | 12/6 7PM EST

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Ya'll need to relax on Joey. He's taken a couple maintenance day that was on record. He's probably dealing with something nagging. I suspect back. He knows he CAN'T come out of the lineup. Anyone care to see what we look like with Foligno-Jenner-Chaput-Cracknell as our top four centers?

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I'm the guy who has been complaining the most about the Mackenzie debacle since before it happened, and complaining about Jarmo dismantling the character of the squad, but even I think that our personnel changes have at most moved us halfway back to average when it comes to heart, character, grit, etc... The injuries have been a bigger factor but even with all that I don't think we are below average when it comes to the character elements.

Those previous teams seemed to have a "why not us?" attitude where this team seems to have a "why us?" approach. Which given how this year has gone, who could blame them?

I just don't see the same fight in this team, maybe its lack of leadership (injuries & moves), but this team just feels very different from previous years to me.

I would love to be wrong and if this team goes and gets points in 24 of the next 29 games, i'll be the first one to say I was wrong.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
In fact, 8 points.
The CBJ need 72 points in their last 56
games to have any chance of making the
playoffs. That's like 33-17-6. Anyone who
thinks this team has a realistic chance of
making the playoffs at this point is living in
fantasy world.

Think about this in another way. That's only a 2-1 ratio in wins/loses. If you look at it another way, that's just barely over a 1:1 ratio, as long as 33% of those loses are in OT.

The past two seasons, we had one of the best records in the NHL, I don't think it's so out of the question. I haven't written the season off, nor am I really expecting the playoffs just yet. I'm just happy to see the players I was excited to see, play. RE: Rychel, but to say it's a fantasy world is somewhat hyperbolic.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
In fact, 8 points.
The CBJ need 72 points in their last 56
games to have any chance of making the
playoffs. That's like 33-17-6. Anyone who
thinks this team has a realistic chance of
making the playoffs at this point is living in
fantasy world.

Maybe, but considering they have to play the games anyway, why not see what happens?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad